What do you do for a living and do you like your job?

21,655 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ragoo
george92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HC said:

I write software for some big gigantic ass company. It's a job I love because it affords me to do **** outside of work and be around a bunch of smart MFers. Hit me up if this sounds like a job you'd like to have..
Like I would want to go to that nerd festival. No thanks. I prefer low paying jobs with cool people.
ursusguy
AG
Hey, just because we get more time off doesn't mean we take it. My former agency got slap by the state labor folks for a "culture of uncompensated work". Folks were pretty passionate about their jobs, things kept getting added to the plate, and for a long time applying for comp time was a no no (still a pain to actually do). So guys would do what needed to be done, but that usually meant "volunteering" 10-20 hours per week. Some guys have been doing that for decades....Absolutely loved it and would go back in a heartbeat (minus the fake mountain lion calls, I don't like those now).

Reality, a lot of guys had the mindset that if they couldn't really afford to do much while they were off, then there wasn't any particular reason to take off.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Stive said:

Where's yours practice (city)?
houston (and dallas)
Talon2DSO
AG
Very cool. It's a great facility. Who are you with?
Stive
AG
I know a guy in Dallas that's looking for a change out of his firm....just about anything but where he is. I'm not sure how much experience, comfort, or knowledge he's got in the bankruptcy world though.

Thoughts?

Edit: Jump over to Aggies Only and we'll discuss there.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I remember seeing HBCanine has been looking for a change of scenery, but I have no clue what kind of law he's in
george92
Dog Law dummy.
Geralt of Rivia
S
dubi
AG
MrsFlyingSquirrel95 said:

Small business owner

Highly recommend if you want to literally never not be working
"Never not"?
BBRex
AG
After 17 years in media, I thought I'd be a professor after working full time and going to grad school full time. Instead I work as an HR director for an urban school district. I mostly like it, but working in government drives me a little crazy.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Defense Attorney - most people know me for defending a family accused of some light treason. You may have also seen my commercials with my famous tagline, "why should you go to jail for a crime somebody else noticed?".

I've also handled a divorce and attempted to get a MRF deported.
Ragoo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Very cool. It's a great facility. Who are you with?
have evolved from NATCO to Cameron and now SLB.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.