*****Official Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread*****

25,580 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by GrapevineAg
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The offense is still very much a work in progress with this team, which isn't all that surprising with as much turnover and new line combos as we have.
rather be fishing
AG
Apparently this team is trash now?
Danny Vermin
82 games. There's going to be some off nights.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
They definitely have some work to do. Their start to the season has been rocky considering high expectations
Ketchup is a vegetable
rather be fishing
AG
Looky there
rather be fishing
AG
Hooo boy. Got a chance.
Roll the Bones
AG
Bang bang!
Roll the Bones
AG
Emotional Support Cobra said:

They definitely have some work to do. Their start to the season has been rocky considering high expectations

5-1 is rocky??
rather be fishing
AG
Roll the Bones said:

5-1 is rocky??

Remember when we had back to back shutouts like a week ago?
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I hear you but if you look at the games they barely beat the Sharks in a shootout OT. They lost to the Capitals. They nearly got shut out tonight. They lost to the Kracken in ps. I'm not saying they are bad but they are not firing on all cylinders yet.

I guess I just want to see them being more successful against some of what I feel are lesser teams than meeting some of these teams on their level. As well as converting on pp.
Ketchup is a vegetable
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
If anyone is trying to go Saturday, I won't make it back into town on time. I'll sell them at cost. Section 114
Buck Compton
AG

I hear you but if you look at the games they barely beat the Sharks in a shootout OT. They lost to the Capitals. They nearly got shut out tonight. They lost to the Kracken in ps. I'm not saying they are bad but they are not firing on all cylinders yet.

I guess I just want to see them being more successful against some of what I feel are lesser teams than meeting some of these teams on their level. As well as converting on pp.
We didn't lose to the Kraken, bud…

We're currently (after the loss tonight) on pace for 117 points. Which would have been good for first in the entire league last year (when 113 got us the #1 seed)…
Grapesoda2525
Losses to 2 stanky teams don't bode well. Need a good showing against Boston to quell the fears. I'd even be happy with an overtime loss in Boston. Just get something and don't look lifeless.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Sorry, I meant the Blues not the Kraken in preseason.

Anyway I am excited for this year. I am just seeing a team scrambling in the offensive zone against some mediocre teams and trying to fit new players into the puzzle still.
Ketchup is a vegetable
SbisaVictim95
AG
If we're going to give up points in the standings, at least those were Eastern Conference losses.
Tksymm7
AG
I think this team has the potential to elite, and perhaps the best in the West, but I do think it's going to take some time for it to come together. I was shocked at all the new faces on the opening night roster, so I think we are seeing a lack of chemistry and not knowing what lines are the best yet. Idk what to say about the PP. I'd like Steve Spott gone.
Dilly Dilly
AG
Calling season ticket holders! Wife is having a girls' night at the house and told me and the boys to stay away (not that she needed to tell us). The Stars play Anaheim that night (Nov. 18), so I want to take my 2 boys to the game. Need 3 tickets but if you have 4 and don't want to split i'm sure they can find a friend to take. Not looking for Charity, but I would rather pay a Ag than SeatGeek.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Dilly Dilly said:

Calling season ticket holders! Wife is having a girls' night at the house and told me and the boys to stay away (not that she needed to tell us). The Stars play Anaheim that night (Nov. 18), so I want to take my 2 boys to the game. Need 3 tickets but if you have 4 and don't want to split i'm sure they can find a friend to take. Not looking for Charity, but I would rather pay a Ag than SeatGeek.

Let me check

ETA I can do my 2 and my cousin's 2 behind me. 114 R7-8 and S7-8
Dilly Dilly
AG
That was quick. I appreciate it. Just told my boys and they're super excited, especially since it's a school night!
Danny Vermin
I expect a fight or two tonight. We always seem to scrap with the Bruins in their place.So strange since we only see them twice a year.
shack009
AG
Dumba
TV Casualty
AG
Freaking Dumba.
ryanhnc10
AG
Are we the worst team in the world at breakaways?
FWAppraiser
AG
Dutch comes through again!
shack009
AG
Great PP there finally
TV Casualty
AG
The power play is working tonight. That had to feel good for Stankoven
shack009
AG
And again boys
shack009
AG
There's definitely been more power play time than 5v5 in this game.
Danny Vermin
Solid win tonight. Both teams were coming off bad losses so both were very motivated.
ryanhnc10
AG
Nice win. Desmith seems really solid as well
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Great game and DeSmith blocked a ton of shots. Great performance for him, I was surprused he wa sjn goal for this game.

Defense way less frantic and in control. Tuned in late due to kid stuff so missed all the goal fun!
Roll the Bones
AG
The one thing I don't like about the victory plus app is the inability to pause the game and fast forward through the intermissions. I paused it tonight during the first period while eating dinner and when I went back and watched the remainder of the period I expected to be able to fast forward through the intermission. When I tried to do that, it would not allow me to do it. And so I ended up going back live, and I missed all 4 goals in the second period bummer.
Grapesoda2525
1 stars game in the next 7 days.
WyoAgg10
AG
Can you just leave the app and come back live? Sorry if you tried that.
joshpettett
AG
Yeah, that's what they're saying they did.
Couldn't fast forward the intermission, so he had to either watch that or go live, which caused him to miss a barrage of goals in the next period.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.