*****Official Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread*****

25,418 Views | 422 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Roll the Bones
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Roll the Bones said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

I feel dumb, but I can't find the game. Maybe I was too late?

It's called the Texas hockey huddle, I think. It was at the top of the app when I pulled it up.
Found it. Took them a bit to load it after the game started. I was able to start from the beginning and thankfully the score isn't plastered everywhere.

We are so spoiled to have this app.
gabehcoud
powpow
Danny Vermin
Now thats a buzzerbeater.
Roll the Bones
AG
Guess I picked the wrong time to switch away from the game!
SbisaVictim95
AG
Enjoyed the hockey huddle last night. They couldn't do anything about the game feed - they were allowed to use the same feed the arena in Denver used for the jumbotron. I could listen to Razor and Sevy go back and forth all day.
Roll the Bones
AG
SbisaVictim95 said:

Enjoyed the hockey huddle last night. They couldn't do anything about the game feed - they were allowed to use the same feed the arena in Denver used for the jumbotron. I could listen to Razor and Sevy go back and forth all day.

I agree. I really enjoyed it and getting to hear the long format interviews with Razor and Alberts.

Considering we have only ever seen one or two televised preseason games in the past, this is a treat.

The app has the complete games for 1 and 2 still out there so I went back and watched the last half of the 3rd that I missed last night. Anyone who didn't check it out last night still has the chance to watch it on there.
turfman80
AG
I have a Samsung tv and received a reply from Victory+ concerning the Stars streaming app.

"Hello,

Thank-you for reaching out!

Victory+ will actively be launching across various TVs and devices over the next few weeks/months. Victory+ is not available on Samsung TVs at this time, but will be soon. In the meantime you can access on the following devices:
  • Roku
  • FireTV
  • iOS (iPhone and iPads)
  • Android Mobile Devices
  • AndroidTV
  • Web browser
Reminder to please make sure your Victory+ app is up to date on the devices it's used on.

To stay up to date on what devices are being added please check out our website (www.victoryplus.com) or follow us on social media (X, Instagram, Facebook).

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

The Victory+ Team"

Good news,I guess!

rynning
AG
turfman80 said:

I have a Samsung tv and received a reply from Victory+ concerning the Stars streaming app.

"Hello,

Thank-you for reaching out!

Victory+ will actively be launching across various TVs and devices over the next few weeks/months. Victory+ is not available on Samsung TVs at this time, but will be soon. In the meantime you can access on the following devices:
  • Roku
  • FireTV
  • iOS (iPhone and iPads)
  • Android Mobile Devices
  • AndroidTV
  • Web browser
Reminder to please make sure your Victory+ app is up to date on the devices it's used on.

To stay up to date on what devices are being added please check out our website (www.victoryplus.com) or follow us on social media (X, Instagram, Facebook).

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

The Victory+ Team"

Good news,I guess!

Was hoping for Apple TV, but it's not on the list. Apple makes it as easy as possible for developers to create an AppleTV "target". If TexAgs can do it, why not Victory+?
Legal Custodian
AG
Big Dumba hit!
Danny Vermin
That's what he does. If he's paired with Miro all season, I can live with that. Lot of teams took cheap shots at Miro and Dumba seems like he's all about taking up for his teammates.
WyoAgg10
AG
Liking our goal scorers tonight!

As a Broncos fan, I will read waaaayyyyyy too into preseason.
Danny Vermin
The difference is we will be disappointed if we don't win the Cup with this team. We all know ow how good we will be.
gabehcoud
stream freeze for anybody else?
Danny Vermin
It didn't the first game or the huddle but has a couple of times in this one.
TV Casualty
AG
It was freezing up about every 7 minutes for me.
Yellerjacket
I have to start up and kill the app about 3 or 4 times every time to get the stream to start, then it freezes every few minutes. This is on Android. Haven't tried it on Roku yet. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon. For now, the pirated stream works better for me.
CoppellAg2009
AG
App on my iPhone has been fine so far. Hopefully they'll get y'all's fixed soon.
Legal Custodian
AG
I was on my iPhone last night and was casting it to my AppleTV. Was having the same issue about the app crashing every 5 minutes or so.

Thought it had something to do with the casting cause that happens from time to time so I just started watching on the app on my iPhone and it was doing the same thing. I ended up checking out by the 2nd intermission.

I didn't have these issues on the past few games. Hopefully it's just a bug they fix in time for the regular season.
Absolute
AG
IT did okay for me on Firesticks Still think the video quality is a little off. But had it on two tvs in the background and didn't notice any freezing.

Did have to delete the app and reinstall on one of the firesticks at the start. It was stuck on some sort of weird ad loop. It was the one I had used on Monday, not sure if that played a part. But it came on immediately into an ad with the ad lock thing. Then after a 4 minute ad it froze. If you hit anything, it restarted the same ads. After two times of that and with no way I saw to stop or reset the app, I deleted and reinstalled and it worked fine.
Absolute
AG
Same unit, main den tv, did the same ad lock locking up thing tonight and had to delete and reload.

Is there some place to provide feedback. Pretty annoying.
Danny Vermin
Froze on me once so far tonight.
Absolute
AG
When it froze did you have to delete and reinstall? Wish there were some sort of reset option on the app. Haven't seen that on my fire sticks
Roll the Bones
AG
Mine froze once in the beginning of the broadcast on roku but I just backed out and selected it again and did not have further issues. The first 3 games worked flawlessly for me.
Danny Vermin
Just pressed back and then play again. It only did it that one time tonight.
rynning
AG
New devices, including Apple TV!

FWAppraiser
AG
Making progress. Sure would be nice if they'd roll out the Samsung app out before the season starts though.
AgBQ-00
AG
Vern in the huddle tonight.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
rather be fishing
AG
Why is this game not showing up on ESPN+?
AgBQ-00
AG
Stankoven and R2Hyry

Tksymm7
AG
This team might just be filthy
AgBQ-00
AG
Turco in the huddle for 3rd period

Danny Vermin
It's like they wanted to make the game interesting for some reason giving up those two quick ones.
AgBQ-00
AG
Having a shootout no matter the score afterwards

shack009
AG
Just listened to Razor and Heika's pod from the other day and Razor said they think the first preseason game could have been the most watched preseason game in history.
AgBQ-00
AG
THG 1st power rankings on the year. Dallas checks in at 3.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.