*****Official Dallas Stars 2024-2025 Season Thread*****

25,517 Views | 423 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by GrapevineAg
FWAppraiser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good article from Robert Tiffin. Stars even deeper than last year, and I completely agree.

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2024/10/dallas-stars-nhl-depth/
Kashchei
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

THG 1st power rankings on the year. Dallas checks in at 3.

We're also his pick to win the Cup
SbisaVictim95
AG
My Stankoven jersey came in yesterday. Officially ready for the season! Let's drop the puck!
rather be fishing
AG
Help me out here... what am I going to need to do to be able to watch games this year?

is ESPN+ going to work? All of the Bally games were streamed on ESPN+ but I can't figure out if that's going to be the same this year.
Legal Custodian
AG
rather be fishing said:

Help me out here... what am I going to need to do to be able to watch games this year?

is ESPN+ going to work? All of the Bally games were streamed on ESPN+ but I can't figure out if that's going to be the same this year.
The Stars have went Direct to Consumer. They started an app called Victory+ which is free to download and free to use. It is available on most if not all Smart TV products.

All you have to do is download it and Sign Up with your email address. All the non-National broadcast games will be aired on there.

TLDR:
1. Go on your SmartTV and download Victory+
2. Sign up with your email
3. Watch Stars games (as well as on demand recordings) for free

EDIT: Unless you're out of market. Then I believe ESPN+ will still work for you. The market is all of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
Legal Custodian
AG
I've updated the OP for others to quickly reference if more people start to ask the closer we get to puck drop on the season opener.
rather be fishing
AG
Legal Custodian said:

rather be fishing said:

The Stars have went Direct to Consumer. They started an app called Victory+ which is free to download and free to use. It is available on most if not all Smart TV products.

All you have to do is download it and Sign Up with your email address. All the non-National broadcast games will be aired on there.

TLDR:

EDIT: Unless you're out of market. Then I believe ESPN+ will still work for you. The market is all of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
I am in Montana, so the market doesn't apply to me.

The last preseason game showed that it would be on ESPN+ and it wasn't. I also couldn't access it through the Victory+ app because I was out of market.
Legal Custodian
AG
rather be fishing said:

Legal Custodian said:

rather be fishing said:

TLDR:

The last preseason game showed that it would be on ESPN+ and it wasn't. I also couldn't access it through the Victory+ app because I was out of market.
Well I remember listening to Razor on the ticket and he specifically said if you're out of market that ESPN+ is still the place to go to watch the games.

Hopefully it was just a glitch this past preseason game and tonight will work. Or you might have to just wait till next Thursday to see.

I'll try to do some more googling to verify.
Legal Custodian
AG
So here is an article from the DMN dated 9/20/24 that says if you live out of market you will still be able to watch the games on ESPN+.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/stars/2024/09/20/how-to-watch-the-dallas-stars-on-victory-this-season/#:~:text=All%20Stars%20fans%20in%20Texas,they%20have%20in%20the%20past.

So I'm guessing it was something weird with ESPN+ because of it being preseason no one bothered to fix it.

Very very worst case scenario, you'll be able to watch the games on demand the next day after the game on Victory+ even if you're out of market.

rather be fishing
AG
Legal Custodian said:

So here is an article from the DMN dated 9/20/24 that says if you live out of market you will still be able to watch the games on ESPN+.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/stars/2024/09/20/how-to-watch-the-dallas-stars-on-victory-this-season/#:~:text=All%20Stars%20fans%20in%20Texas,they%20have%20in%20the%20past.

So I'm guessing it was something weird with ESPN+ because of it being preseason no one bothered to fix it.

Very very worst case scenario, you'll be able to watch the games on demand the next day after the game on Victory+ even if you're out of market.

Right on. We'll see how it works out.
shack009
AG
rather be fishing said:

Legal Custodian said:

rather be fishing said:

TLDR:

I couldn't watch the last preseason game, so I don't know what the deal was there, but I live out of market and all of the other preseason games were on ESPN+ with the Victory+ broadcast. Except for the Colorado away game, which was just the Colorado scoreboard feed, it did not include the double box with the Victory+ round table stuff they were doing.
shack009
AG
rather be fishing said:

Legal Custodian said:

rather be fishing said:

TLDR:

Also you are able to rewatch all the games the next day on Victory+ still.
rather be fishing
AG
shack009 said:

rather be fishing said:

Legal Custodian said:

rather be fishing said:

TLDR:

I can watch that for free in just the highlight reel on any number of platforms, which would keep me from paying for stuff I don't need.
shack009
AG
rather be fishing said:

shack009 said:

rather be fishing said:

Legal Custodian said:

rather be fishing said:

TLDR:

I can watch that for free in just the highlight reel on any number of platforms, which would keep me from paying for stuff I don't need.

Victory+ is free.
Danny Vermin
I'm walking back my prediction during the first pre season game. Bischel will start the season in Austin but will be a call up sometime this season and stay for good when he does.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Is Victory+ only going to show games in the Texas Hockey Huddle format? It's easier to watch with volume off with just the game on sometimes.
Roll the Bones
AG
Lol. Suter scores against Otter and it's called back for goalie interference.
Roll the Bones
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Is Victory+ only going to show games in the Texas Hockey Huddle format? It's easier to watch with volume off with just the game on sometimes.

It's just for the away games in preseason.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Thanks
Absolute
AG
Don't mind the commentary. Don't really need to see them the whole time at the expense of full screen action.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Absolute said:

Don't mind the commentary. Don't really need to see them the whole time at the expense of full screen action.

This!

I was just trying to get some work done tonight and keep it on my office tv out of the corner of my eye but it was more like a show instead of a game
AgBQ-00
AG
Good showing to tie it up last night. Now we wait for a week for the season to start.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Cappo
AG
See y'all @ opening night!
gabehcoud
Grapesoda2525
First game not on victory+?
FWAppraiser
AG
ESPN+/Hulu
One of 14 that will be national only.
GrapevineAg
AG
Just scored tix to the 2nd game in Finland as well. I know there's a few weeks of hockey before then, but my son and I are stoked. Anybody else going?
TV Casualty
AG
My brother and I have tickets to both games. Then we are going to Munich to watch Bayern Munich play a champions league game.
neal00ag
AG
Going to both games - can't wait!
GrapevineAg
AG
Sweet y'all! If we have half as much fun as we did at the Winter Classic, it's gonna be a blast.
gabehcoud
anybody going to six flags tonight?
TV Casualty
AG
They don't let us half season plan people into that event.
rather be fishing
AG
shack009 said:

rather be fishing said:

shack009 said:

rather be fishing said:

Legal Custodian said:

rather be fishing said:

TLDR:

Victory+ is free.
It doesn't matter if I don't live in one of the states that it applies to.
Tksymm7
AG
Opening night roster was just announced:

Evgenii Dadonov
Roope Hintz
Colin Blackwell
Jamie Benn
Mavrik Bourque
Matt Duchene
Oskar Back
Wyatt Johnston
Logan Stankoven
Sam Steel
Mason Marchment
Tyler Seguim
Matt Dumba
Jason Robertson
Thomas Harley
Esa Lindell
Nils Lundkvist
Miro Heiskanen
Ilya Lybushkin
Brenden Smith
Jake Oettinger
Casey DeSmith
sburg2007
TV Casualty said:

They don't let us half season plan people into that event.
One of my employees is a full STH and he was not too pleased when they told them you cannot bring sticks (ok i get it) or pucks (just dumb) to be signed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.