Aggie Volleyball 2022 Official Thread

69,390 Views | 857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Swollen Thumb
Artimus Gordon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's live.
Anchorhold
It's live on espn app and espnews. It should be live on espnu after the pitt/louisville wraps up.
Anchorhold
The four UK players from Texas remember where they are and win set 2. Now we need them to remember where in Texas they are.
Anchorhold
Rallying from down 15-13 in the thrid set. Tied 1-1 overall.
flintdragon
AG
Aggies have lost a bit of energy starting in the 2nd set and has carried into the 3rd. Everyone still hustling but everything is just a bit off.
Ag4eva95
Passing plague ends the match…..
Anchorhold
26-24 goes the wrong way. Damn.

Can we press rewind and play this weekend's games at the beginning of September?
Ag4eva95
No, cause that means Byrd gets to keep her job most likely haha
flintdragon
AG
4th set was better but not consistent like the first 4 sets of this series. We had a decent lead but gave it up. Had a good comeback at end of the game but eventually couldn't overcome errors as well as we had no solution versus their slide attack. Kentucky's block also came on strong towards the end.

Felt Lednicky did not have as many quality chances to really attack the ball which could be due to more out of system plays or off location sets. hard for me to tell watching TV.

Meuth gave the Aggies a chance at the end. You can always count on her to swing hard which paid off to make the ending set interesting.
Wicked Good Ag
The 6 pt run by Kentucky doomed us in the 4th set. We were in control and then behind. Came back but couldn't finish.

Takeaways. When are block is well formed we are pretty good defensively and with Lednicky we always have an outlet on back row for three rotations. I thought our serve is getting more consistent in terms of fewer service errors but not real pressure from the line either. If we play like we did on Saturday and heck even today we would have won four of the matches in conference we lost early on. We have to get some production out of OH2 and today was surprised not to see ciCi inserted into lineup

I understand playing the younger ones the way conference is going but after set 1 nothing much from OH2. Molly Brown played the best this weekend she has in an Aggie uniform and honestly it helped with balanced scoring which was a major reason we win on Saturday. Her has quite a few solo blocks today in the losing effort

The top pf the conference should set up after thus coming week with all the top teams playing each other and Arkansas who is better than their conference record

We only have one match again this week a road match against SC. Play like we did this weekend and we beat them based upon what i have seen of them on TV.
Anchorhold
That was kentucky's 1,000th win in school history. At least we made them wait one more day.
aggie-1997
AG
flintdragon said:

Meuth gave the Aggies a chance at the end. You can always count on her to swing hard which paid off to make the ending set interesting.
I agree Meuth can swing hard, but to me she seems to be a liability on defense. She doesn't move her feet and is very inconsistent with her passing (which is why more teams are serving to her).
flintdragon
AG
aggie-1997 said:

flintdragon said:

I agree Meuth can swing hard, but to me she seems to be a liability on defense. She doesn't move her feet and is very inconsistent with her passing (which is why more teams are serving to her).
I didn't think Meuth played much back row any more but yes, she certainly was a liability on serve receive. I don't recall her hitting from backrow recently.

Lednicky is also somewhat of a liability in the backrow. Tall girls are going to have a hard time digging in general. She is also hidden away on serve receive. I think it was one reason Kentucky's slide attack was very effective the 2nd game. Lose some defense but you get a strong back row attack out of her too.
flintdragon
AG
Up to 48 in RPI. Not sure what we were before the weekend. What's the magic number to hopefully squeeze into the tournament? Not sure if our record will trump the poll and keep us out no matter what?
Harry Dunne
flintdragon said:

Up to 48 in RPI. Not sure what we were before the weekend. What's the magic number to hopefully squeeze into the tournament? Not sure if our record will trump the poll and keep us out no matter what?
Depends on at-large spots (which depend on what mid majors win their conf championships).

Cutoff is usually in the 40s. 41-45 is usually in (although I remember the cutoff being 41 one season with a lot of conference tournaments upsets). 46-50 is a coin flip. You want to be in the top 40 to be safe. Selections aren't done straight off RPI, but I can't recall a top-40 team not making it unless they were ineligible due to the .500 rule.
taylorswift13
AG
JUST KEEP WINNING
taylorswift13
AG
Ags up 15-13 at the break! We desperately need a win!
Anchorhold
That was too close.
taylorswift13
AG
A set win is a set win
taylorswift13
AG
26-24 Ags
taylorswift13
AG
Aggies take set 2, 25-17!
taylorswift13
AG
3 more years of Lednicky, Underwood, Cos-Ipalla, and Guinn!
flintdragon
AG
monster night for Meuth so far. unstoppable!
taylorswift13
AG
Down 21-15, now down 21-20 timeout Scar
Anchorhold
Sorry, I had to run get some ChickenE. We can resume beating the hell out of the hens now.
taylorswift13
AG
Anchorhold said:

Sorry, I had to run get some ChickenE. We can resume beating the hell out of the hens now.
explains the run this 4th set, way to go!
Anchorhold
Out of rotation? I'll take that after we gave them so many false starts last week.
taylorswift13
AG
AGGIES WIN! End set 4 on a 15-2 run!
taylorswift13
AG
Anchorhold said:

Out of rotation? I'll take that after we gave them so many false starts last week.
POTD
taylorswift13
AG
Keep raising that RPI
Anchorhold
Eggcelent win to steal from chickens. I still don't really know what's going on, but it looks like the team is playing MUCH better together and overall than the start of the season. Good to see CiCi back out there.
taylorswift13
AG
You know you're gonna have to get chicken express every game the rest of the season right
flintdragon
AG
I think more girls are contributing more so when Lednicky or Meuth is having an off game, there is less of a drop off. I haven't seen the same defense (blocks/digs) as the one that played the first game versus Kentucky but is certainly is better than early season. We also are making less unforced errors. I'm not really comparing stats or something but just a gut feel watching.
kwammer
its South Carolina. This should be expected.
3 more games against top of the conference and 3 more games against bottom dwellers.
should be interesting.
Harry Dunne
We are still right on the bubble. Going to have to go at least 5-2 the rest of the way in the regular season. An upset against UF would be huge, but if not then we at least need to beat Bama and then win 2/3 @ Auburn x2 and LSU, which will all be tough. Then we need to sweep @ Mizzou to finish it out. They are bad, but its always so hard to sweep especially on the road (we did sweep them at home to end last season).

Considering we have lost 7 of 9 its not likely we are going to now win 5 of 7, but we do have a realistic chance if we keep playing well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.