*****Official Dallas Stars 2021-2022 season thread*****

153,852 Views | 3217 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Legal Custodian
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, another year is upon us (in two months).

Season predictions? What do y'all think of the roster additions?

I'm itching to watch some games. I finally got my wife addicted to a sport, and she watched every single game last season. I need the season to get here to make sure the effect doesn't wear off.

Preseason odds:
Colorado Avalanche +600
Tampa Bay Lightning +700
Vegas Golden Knights +850
Boston Bruins +1200
Toronto Maple Leafs +1200
Carolina Hurricanes +1400
Pittsburgh Penguins +2000
Florida Panthers +2000
New York Islanders +2000
Minnesota Wild +2200
New York Rangers +2500
Washington Capitals +2500
Edmonton Oilers +2500
Montreal Canadiens +2800
Philadelphia Flyers +3000
Dallas Stars +3500
St. Louis Blues +3500
Cramp00
Arizona to Houston? I say bring it on. Bring more rinks, kids programs, high school hockey to the state outside of DFW. And Eff houston.

Got full season tickets and hoping for a ull arena this year. Happy to show my proof of vax if necessary.
HockeyAg07
AG
Can't wait. I just wanna make the damn playoffs bc nothing is more of a buzzkill than not having the team you've loved for years not play in the greatest tournament in sports.
sburg2007
Just in time for the season, newest bobblehead. Please excuse my ugly mug behind him.
Kashchei
AG
Why is he wearing a neck brace?
sburg2007
Don't need him bobbling too much!
Cramp00
Ags playing TCU at Mansfield Stars Center tonight. Happened to go skate with my daughter tonight and had no idea they were playing until I asked one of the TCU hots what was going on.
sburg2007
I work at Tcu and had zero idea.
Legal Custodian
AG
Next Monday is the first preseason game! I'll probably still have to use nhl66.com to watch the games as Sinclair still refuses to negotiate with any of the streaming services.

And it looks like a couple of months ago they announced that they're shooting for their own streaming service in 2022. So I doubt they'll get anything done before they launch their own site, and probably won't do anything after.
Legal Custodian
sburg2007
They seriously are the freaking worst. Heard they wanted to charge $25/ month or so.
Kashchei
AG
sburg2007 said:

They seriously are the freaking worst. Heard they wanted to charge $25/ month or so.

The Stars (Bally Sports) are literally the only reason I still have cable...
Absolute
AG
Came here to ask, and looks like it is already answered if there were any viable options for watching the Stars in DFW if your provider is out on bally sports.

Would appear not. Now have to decide if I care enough to order Spectrum again for the season.....
Kashchei
AG
I use SportsSurge to stream the Astros in DFW. Not sure if they have hockey, but I'll look next time...
Legal Custodian
AG
Absolute said:

Came here to ask, and looks like it is already answered if there were any viable options for watching the Stars in DFW if your provider is out on bally sports.

Would appear not. Now have to decide if I care enough to order Spectrum again for the season.....

Go to nhl66.ir

Legal Custodian
HockeyAg07
AG
It's (preseason) game day baby!
sburg2007
Feels weird we're already playing preseason games with camp starting last week. In other news, dickie scored for Seattle last night
HockeyAg07
AG
OT loss. Here we go again!
sburg2007
I was coming to post the same thing!
Cramp00
Anybody want 2 free tickets tonight?
Roll the Bones
AG
are the preseason games broadcast anywhere? Radio?

Edited to add this I just found:

The game held at the American Airlines Center will drop the puck at 7 PM CDT and be available on Bally Sports Southwest PLUS locally and ESPN+ outside of the Dallas area.
Cramp00
Goal against w Benn in the box and Tyler missing the net. The world is straight again.
Roll the Bones
AG
All is right with the world again.
sburg2007
OT again! Woo!
Cramp00
fml

stars will lose 3 -5 in OT
Ag 11
AG
Another OT loss. Our superstars against Florida's scrubs. I know it's early but geez.
sburg2007
Picked up the alternate this week from SportsK for only $110. He has the new prime green in black and green for only $145 if anyone wants those. $2 shipping and he gets em out quick. Got the winter classic from him back in April too. Beats the heck out of over charge from fanatics or even The Hangar.
wangus12
AG
Welp looks like the Stars will be unable to be viewed for most folks again. Nothing is changing with Ballys and their solo subscription service isn't going to be ready until hopefully next year
Legal Custodian
AG
Sinclair has to be hemorrhaging money. It's amazing this hasn't elicited some type of comment or response from the owners. This has to be eating into their marketing and profits.
Legal Custodian
Absolute
AG
When you look through the Stars site they totally side with Sinclair and suggest you change to a provider that cooperates. It's making me really mad. Wish there was some way to communicate that displeasure. Seems really shortsighted that they are not realizing they are losing fans. I didn't watch a single pitch of baseball this year. Used to always have it on through good and bad years. Did not miss it at all.

Would miss Stars more, but becoming less and less interested by the day. Poor business to make your fans work that hard to watch.
Absolute
AG
Welp, my watching issue has resolved itself. Dish decided to raise my price by 50 bucks this month and drop the local ABC channel (which I don't really care about and know will be resolved.) Decided I can save a hundred bucks a month AND get Bally's to watch the Stars by switching to Spectrum TV (already have them for Internet) and that I am done putting up with Dish's BS on paying for channels acting like they are actually saving me money and not just worried about their bottom line.
Cramp00
Danny Vermin
Another season of watching the games on my old phone. Thanks Ballys and Dish.
sburg2007
Can't sling it to tv?
Legal Custodian
AG
Hockey season just puck dropped! Stars game in two days. Let's go!
TheBiggerEvent
AG
anyone have thoughts on the season? trying to prepare emotionally.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.