Business & Investing
Sponsored by

to the guy that recommended abml

428,748 Views | 2431 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by El Chupacabra
BoDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All the more reason why I feel like the dumbest human being on the planet.
Spinnerag
AG
So, did anyone other than Houstonaggie and his cohorts make money? Reading just the first few pages, it appears anyone who bought it then should have made decent profits.
Philip J Fry
AG
Went net free with bmix in the first few minutes....so yes.
southernboy1
AG
If you only spent a few hundred let it ride. If you spent thousands I'm not so sure. I'm sure about ha and his advise but I'm contempt to see what happens. Do not think I'm saying to but or sell.
southernboy1
AG
I am an AG and just playing the pennies.
bbqAg09
AG
southernboy1 said:

If you only spent a few hundred let it ride. If you spent thousands I'm not so sure. I'm sure about ha and his advise but I'm contempt to see what happens. Do not think I'm saying to but or sell.

Did southernboy have one too many Southern Comforts last night?
LOYAL AG
AG
Spinnerag said:

So, did anyone other than Houstonaggie and his cohorts make money? Reading just the first few pages, it appears anyone who bought it then should have made decent profits.
Made $75, does that count? Bought 25000 BMIX at $.04 and a few days later remembered that's not my game. Got out at $.043. I drop in every so often and feel grateful I got out when I did.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
southernboy1
AG
To hophead, maybe. I am glad this is the only sight I message on.
sts7049
AG
i made a good amount on ABML, but i was in it for way longer than this thread
fastgreens
AG
I made a couple hundred dollars. Got in and out pretty quickly on both ABML and BMIX.
agdaddy04
AG
sts7049 said:

i made a good amount on ABML, but i was in it for way longer than this thread

See this is why I don't get why HoustonAggie is getting so much grief. He's not the one that started this thread. He was in on the sticks quite awhile ago and he was transparent about that. People that would've gotten in when he first brought them to TexAgs would've made some good sums of money. I for one was apparently too late for now and am down $3500 combined on ABML and BMIX. That was completely up to me though and I'll hang on at least until the end of the year.
Tibbers
Same. I just think it's easy to make fun of the fact the guy is a ghost now.
Thriller
AG
Prediction: He shows up when it turns positive (or there's tangible good news) and tells everyone how he said it was a long play.

I threw a bit of ****-off money at ABML because I do think EV plays will be relevant and who can pick the winner up front. At this point though, I'm leaning towards a MFBarnes or HA being part of a multi-site pump scheme.

Sorry for those who have real money paper losses on this one.
agdaddy04
AG
If I remember correctly he'd mentioned before that he'd been harassed through here. I imagine he's gone for good. He had already said he wouldn't bring another play to the board.
Ogre09
AG
I'm dumping them both today. Lost $1100. I hate losing.
Post removed:
by user
Ogre09
AG
third coast.. said:

Only reason to sell right now is if:

you think they aren't going to go back up
I don't think they're significantly going up in the near term.

and will go lower
I think it is likely they will go lower in the near term.

and you tbibknyou can do something better with that capital.
I am certain I can do something better with the capital in the near term.

Why not wait for a bounce upwards to sell?
See above.

I could be wrong. They could explode upward some time in the future and create significant growth. But HA ghosted us and I've lost confidence in the positions. So I'm taking my lick now before it gets worse and rolling it into stuff more certain.

Post removed:
by user
Ogre09
AG
I moved it all over to NCLH. I'll track the delta in performance to either feel good or foolish about my move...
bicmitchum
just sold 1500 shares 1.65 in @1.21.may get back in.just lost confidencei just couldnt get that rice thing outta my head.still have 1000 shares.i guess we wiil see
Diggity
AG
ABML won't even pop when the other ****ty SPACs have good days.

Can't be a great sign.
teecoy
AG
Getting uglier by the day...
CapAmr05
AG
I've lurked this thread from it's onset. Like others I got in a little later waiting on play funds to clear back in Jan/Feb.

My cost average is 3.10 per share (whaamp whaaamp lol)

My approach to this was a long term gamble also (1-3 years), knowing the new administration will be skewing towards renewables and lithium being a key component in that. So I threw an acceptable amount (for me) at it.

If it all disappears? Sucks, but I'm no worse off.
If it pays off? cool - even more money to throw in the kid's college fund elsewhere.

Unsolicited take on the situation:

My perspective after a little internet snooping on HA's post history/habits, I have doubts this was an intentional P&D on his part. I don't even know that I'd call it a P&D to be honest. It's not like he specifically built up his user profile over a 5+ year period (posting predominately in the politics and football forum [prior to this thread]) to pull off a one-time P&D con on a company that didn't even exist back then. As others have shown there are plenty of media sources that talked this company up also. Demanding that HA show up every day the stock takes a dip and explain it/ self flagellate for his "sins" seems like overkill.

Alternately those that issued caution, I think their intention to try and protect and guide others was in good faith also. I think when that messaging evolved from caution to apparent schadenfreude that's when the tone of the thread really started to sour.

I think in both cases - everyone came at this originally with best intentions and now we're all frustrated.

Hope it turns around, and sorry for folks who went heavy into it that are hurting right now.
H-town ag
AG
BMIX moving today!
Diggity
AG
hey...so is AMBL!
Brock Sampson
AG
This might be the most level headed post I've seen on this website.
Hendrix
AG
I actually made money on this. I posted way back when early in the thread. I bought a lot of BMIX and it went from .02 to .10 in about 15 minutes, then i sold and bought abml, but set a stop that hit pretty quick. So all in all I did ok compared to some on here. sorry. I just went and checked the abml price. lol. GL guys. Hope you're not stuck too bad.

bhuff111
Well said.

Now be prepared to be accused of being another sock of HA's....
Red Red Wine
AG
I went to heavy on ABML and lost some money, but don't care. Will buy some back when it bottoms and starts to head back up.

This stock is no different than any other penny stock I play with. Hell, I had 4MM shares of some earlier version of PLUG and FCEL and they went bankrupt and disappeared so I lost a few thousand bucks. It happens.

ANYONE complaining about losing their money on a penny stock SHOULDN'T BUY PENNY STOCKS!!!!!!!

Whether HA was honest or dishonest is completely IRRELEVANT. I don't know the dude at all. It would be like a stranger walking up to me on the street and telling me to buy 5,000 shares of ABML at $2.80 - SO WHAT?

Do you just buy it or do you take a look at trend charts, news, whatever info can be found, and THEN BUY IT or do you just take the stranger's advice and pour your cash into it.

Now, I will say this. Ags are pretty righteous group of folks who don't like being mislead especially by other Ags on what is presumably an Aggie forum. However, this is still a collection of strangers not all of whom are Aggies with our sense of 'collective good' for the group here and we should never assume everyone on here cares about all of us making a profit.

And one last thing, the "told you so" group was too 'a-holey' for my taste. Be a bit more humble in your approach vs jack*ssery and maybe it wouldn't come off so poorly, imo.
John Francis Donaghy
I agree the "I told you so" schadenfreude is of little value going forward. But let's not pretend HA didn't have that blowback coming to some degree. He was far from kind to anyone who challenged the info he presented as fact on this thread. At the end of the day you reap what you so, and HA definitely did his share of sowing.
RigsTx
AG
https://www.accesswire.com/636953/American-Battery-Metals-Corporation-Establishes-New-Development-Center-at-the-Nevada-Center-for-Applied-Research

Hopefully this is good news and gives the stock a lift.
Jet Black
Honestly, I think he left because of the constant bull**** from certain posters. Penny stocks are recommended every day on these threads, but he seems to be the only one that took a beating for it.
Jet Black
Red Red Wine said:

I went to heavy on ABML and lost some money, but don't care. Will buy some back when it bottoms and starts to head back up.

This stock is no different than any other penny stock I play with. Hell, I had 4MM shares of some earlier version of PLUG and FCEL and they went bankrupt and disappeared so I lost a few thousand bucks. It happens.

ANYONE complaining about losing their money on a penny stock SHOULDN'T BUY PENNY STOCKS!!!!!!!

Whether HA was honest or dishonest is completely IRRELEVANT. I don't know the dude at all. It would be like a stranger walking up to me on the street and telling me to buy 5,000 shares of ABML at $2.80 - SO WHAT?

Do you just buy it or do you take a look at trend charts, news, whatever info can be found, and THEN BUY IT or do you just take the stranger's advice and pour your cash into it.

Now, I will say this. Ags are pretty righteous group of folks who don't like being mislead especially by other Ags on what is presumably an Aggie forum. However, this is still a collection of strangers not all of whom are Aggies with our sense of 'collective good' for the group here and we should never assume everyone on here cares about all of us making a profit.

And one last thing, the "told you so" group was too 'a-holey' for my taste. Be a bit more humble in your approach vs jack*ssery and maybe it wouldn't come off so poorly, imo.
Post removed:
by user
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It was also really odd that many of the first posters on this thread have old accounts that were lightly used but picked up over the last 6-12 months. That could simply mean the type of person drawn to this thread started posting more heavily during the pandemic or it could mean this was a sock drawer p&d. Either way that and the certainty applied to these stocks without very defendable reasons for that certainty seemed odd.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.