Business & Investing
Sponsored by

to the guy that recommended abml

426,726 Views | 2431 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by El Chupacabra
FbgTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
T Durden said:

Manganese. You see a lot of people don't know about that stuff...

Chinch Bugs.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Sandman98
AG
bicmitchum said:

thanks.what else you got

Still the best post of the thread and it's what got the party started.
Bird Poo
AG
YouBet said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

It's incredible news for lithium produced in the US and lithium recycling.

Hope so. Is there an environmentally friendly way to do it? I honestly don't know.

Current technology isn't there yet. It's cheaper to landfill used Li batteries than to recycle them.
Diggity
AG
Sad truth is most people don't realize or care what the issues are for mining or disposing. They see what they want to see.
Tibbers
HoustonAggie37713 said:

Good news for abml, bad news for BMIX?
HoustonAggie37713
The US will be way short on lithium.

BMIX is an American company, and the #2 man is Roger Noriega....former US Assistant Sec of State. They are very well connected, and the US prefers South America over China all day.
HoustonAggie37713
Another question I have gotten a lot s how to buy the lithium batter sector without taking the risks. There is a decent ETF (which I don't own). Unfortunately, the ETF is 38% Chinese holdings.

https://amplifyetfs.com/batt.html

HtownAg92
AG
Cheetah01 said:

HoustonAggie37713 said:

This is all planned. They want to discourage retail buyers
Tried to set up a TD Ameritrade account to buy ABML yesterday. They have my funds "on-hold". Meanwhile stock keeps going up.

I opened up one on Friday and tried to buy when it was under $3. Same issue -- "on hold" -- even today. It will let me buy other stocks like AMC, BB, NOK, but not ABML, BRLL, BMIX, OZSC.
HoustonAggie37713

ABML at 5:08
T Durden
AG
FbgTxAg said:

T Durden said:

Manganese. You see a lot of people don't know about that stuff...

Chinch Bugs.
I'm glad someone got it. Thx FbgTxAg!
AggieAces06
AG
For us newbies would it be too late to get into ABML to make it worth it?

Or do y'all see this going much much higher?
HoustonAggie37713
It's on two widely read lists for best penny stock to buy right now. I would read through all the data posted and make up your mind.
HoustonAggie37713

Excellent news.
jja79
AG
I added some more ABML and BMIX this morning in my Schwab account. By the time I hit confirm and got back to my balances page they were in my portfolio. I was a bit concerned after some of the other stories here.
agdaddy04
AG
BMIX having a good morning.
wessimo
AG
Rare earth mining company in the US (in Texas, incidentally) looking to IPO:

The Wall Street Journal: Mining Company USA Rare Earth Exploring New York Listing.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/mining-company-usa-rare-earth-exploring-new-york-listing-this-year-11612343897?mod=flipboard
Malachi Constant
AG
I'm new to 'penny' stocks.

How many shares to buy? 1000? 10,000?

(I suppose it's the same as everything else...)
wessimo
AG
Take the amount of money you are willing to lose and divide by the share price.
Malachi Constant
AG
wessimo said:

Take the amount of money you are willing to lose and divide by the share price.
Great, so divide $10 / $.04

rangerdanger
AG
Malachi Constant said:

A billion if you can afford it, and if they issues that many. Just need it to hit $1 and you're rubbing elbows with Bezos.

Honest answer, I bought 1000 BMIX this morning for a speculative long term add.
wsteed311
AG
I'm in for 50000 shares of BMIX and 1700 shares of ABML.
HoustonAggie37713
Malachi Constant said:

$10,000 bought me 5,000,000 shares of BMIX. It's now worth $220,000.

I put more into ABML...$25,800. I was able to find more research on it and was able to make more contacts who knew what they were up to.

OTC carry more risk, but ABML is headed for an uplisted to Nasdaq soon. Both of these plays have favorable political winds and the commodity(s) they are drilling for are skyrocketing.

Just don't chase them on a day when they are racing upwards. They will retract and consolidate. And don't risk money you need in 3 months. This is not a pump and dump unless you make it one.
AggieBill005
AG
I feel like there is no one good answer for this. I've read no more than 20% of your portfolio should be in pennies, and have also seen the more conservative 5%.

I'm new as well and dont have ANY speculative holdings in my primary portfolio - but we also use a financial outfit that prioritizes dividend paying stocks (but I digress).

So right now, I only have 3 speculative stocks and I have $2500 in each. That is about as much as I am comfortable losing in any one stock. And if I lose all 3, it hurts but I could recover in 12-18 months. I WISH I could double it - if any of them hit, then I'd get twice the reward.

From reading others, I see some folks have a broader portfolio that they put 250-500 bucks in each. But then there are more stocks for you to keep up with. And I'm not trader.

Hope that helps.
HoustonAggie37713
YouBet
AG
AggieBill005 said:

I feel like there is no one good answer for this. I've read no more than 20% of your portfolio should be in pennies, and have also seen the more conservative 5%.

I'm new as well and dont have ANY speculative holdings in my primary portfolio - but we also use a financial outfit that prioritizes dividend paying stocks (but I digress).

So right now, I only have 3 speculative stocks and I have $2500 in each. That is about as much as I am comfortable losing in any one stock. And if I lose all 3, it hurts but I could recover in 12-18 months. I WISH I could double it - if any of them hit, then I'd get twice the reward.

From reading others, I see some folks have a broader portfolio that they put 250-500 bucks in each. But then there are more stocks for you to keep up with. And I'm not trader.

Hope that helps.
That seems way too high for the level of risk. I've never seen any financial person recommend anything close to that.
HoustonAggie37713
Yeah, financial advisors look down on penny stocks. They want you in that sweet 8-10% return rate spot. Which is fine, nothing wrong with solid returns. That's not my goal. I view diversification as a wealth preservation technique, not a wealth building one.

But I'm not someone who takes stock purchases lightly. I'm willing to put the hours in and be relentless in my research. If you are you should just go with diversification.
South Platte
Yes, seems high, but also sounds incredibly stressful! It's been a wild ride for me these past 2 weeks jumping into this game, and I've only got a little over 2% of my net worth in this stuff.
AggieBill005
AG
Mind sharing how you self-educated to be able to evaluate for yourself? I'm not sure where to start...
SquareOne07
AG
Really thinking ago t grabbing more ABML @$4. Got my first batch of 770 @$3.49 and really like the prospect of it being listed.

HoustonAggie, thanks for all of your insight and commentary on this and BMIX
AggieBill005
AG
YouBet said:

AggieBill005 said:

Hope that helps.
That seems way too high for the level of risk. I've never seen any financial person recommend anything close to that.
I'll see if I can find the source again. Completely agree. Even 5% seems high to me - in a 500k portfolio, thats 25k in penny stocks? Maybe its on target but a nice nod to the role that "personal risk and exposure" plays a role.
agdaddy04
AG
With the dip on ABML today think it's another good entry? Currently mine are at 3.43 but was looking to add some more.
Thriller
AG
I think there's a slightly bigger reason for a lot of CFPs recommending against penny stocks.

Penny stocks aren't held to the same reporting requirements as their larger cousins. Simply put, it's gambling (not always a bad thing, and can be quite lucrative) without knowing all the players and/or rules of the game.

The example my CFP gave me was like playing a game of blackjack where the dealer didn't have to show his up-card. You are either making a guess on whether to play (invest in OTC stocks), hit (buy) or stand (hold) without information required for other equity assets. Add to that the uncertainty of hearing someone say "I *think* the dealer has a facecard" and you can see how the risk grows when people don't have first-hand knowledge of the asset.

Not saying it's a bad idea at all, but a CFP is going to recommend against because of the risk, when compared with other assets. That's why I think many are taking a good approach on this thread by only investing money they are willing to lose - same principle as gambling IMO.
Petrino1
Thriller said:

I think there's a slightly bigger reason for a lot of CFPs recommending against penny stocks.

Penny stocks aren't held to the same reporting requirements as their larger cousins. Simply put, it's gambling (not always a bad thing, and can be quite lucrative) without knowing all the players and/or rules of the game.

The example my CFP gave me was like playing a game of blackjack where the dealer didn't have to show his up-card. You are either making a guess on whether to play (invest in OTC stocks), hit (buy) or stand (hold) without information required for other equity assets. Add to that the uncertainty of hearing someone say "I *think* the dealer has a facecard" and you can see how the risk grows when people don't have first-hand knowledge of the asset.

Not saying it's a bad idea at all, but a CFP is going to recommend against because of the risk, when compared with other assets. That's why I think many are taking a good approach on this thread by only investing money they are willing to lose - same principle as gambling IMO.
I think another reason why they dont recommend penny stocks is because they arent allowed by their firms to invest in them and cant put your money in penny stocks, therefore they cant make any money off you.
HoustonAggie37713
1. I'm definitely educated in finance and law. My father was also an investment banker but rarely shared much financially. I work for a hedge fund. My main job is to raise capital.
2. I follow trends. Warren Buffett is buying Bank of America? Banks must be about to get a bail out. Marijuana is on the ballot in 20 states? Who are the reputable producers? If Biden wins he's going to promote clean energy? Who benefits? What's next post covid?
3. It's never been easier to find information on companies that right now.
4. I stay focused. My Twitter/Stocktwits account follows about 30 accounts. I add if I see someone post research or an opinion that sounds informed I'll follow them. I don't get. On twitter and scream political opinions, have snarky responses, or watch videos of hot chicks dancing. I'm there to learn and my money is serious business. If you want to do those things have a separate account.
5. Once you have an idea, look at 10 companies on that sector. You will see some have run up in value because someone has the same idea and more money to invest. Keeping following all of them (give it two weeks) and see if there's a trend. Are they getting more followers? Larger market cap? Who will promote this stock? Who will be against it? What's the regulatory environment?
6. Buy and hold. If you're reading this you aren't a day trader. I'm not a day trader. Have I sold losers after a short while? Yes. Ones that I had truly researched? No.
7. Never chase a stock when it runs up on a day. Buy the next day when it dips. The people causing FOMO are the ones waiting to kill the stock and take all the gains.
Diggity
AG
the 3% dip? I think you'll have plenty more opportunities to find better dips with a volatile stock like this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.