*****Official Texas Rangers 2017 Off-Season Thread*****

51,619 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Mr Gigem
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like to race cars. I own some really nice dealerships. [/added to CJ Wilson bragging montage]
Aggieangler93
AG
All I have to say is this:

LET'S GO RANGERS!

And....

• NA
  • POH
  • LEEEEEE

I love the guy and I'm really happy we can get him back in red and royal blue again for a year!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
DallasAg 94
Aggieangler93 said:

All I have to say is this:

LET'S GO RANGERS!

And....

• NA
  • POH
  • LEEEEEE

I love the guy and I'm really happy we can get him back in red and royal blue again for a year!
I thought it was:

• NAP
  • O
  • LEEEEEE

DannyDuberstein
AG
I agree with you, DallasAg. I think the one posted by Aggieangler would be used if Napoli ever plays in a Korean league.
Ag2012
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I agree with you, DallasAg. I think the one posted by Aggieangler would be used if Napoli ever plays in a Korean league.

Nap
Oleeeeeeee

If he ever plays in Latin America
KT 90
AG
Hmmm

mhayden
It's Na-Poh-Lee

It's like some of you were never in the stands for the 2011 run.

FYI it was O-Day-O-Day-O-Day-O-Day and not ODe-ay.
PacifistAg
AG
Colby saying goodbye to Texas. He was always one of my favorites. He was never going to win a Cy Young, but he was a guy you could always count on stepping up in the postseason.

jtstanley4621
AG
RetiredAg said:

Colby saying goodbye to Texas. He was always one of my favorites. He was never going to win a Cy Young, but he was a guy you could always count on stepping up in the postseason.

Damn. Really really liked Colby. Wish he had gotten that perfect game last season against the A's.

Think about that.... Colby effing Lewis at that age almost threw a perfect game. Loved him as a player. Is he retiring or has he been informed behind the scenes that he's not going to be able to sign with the rangers?
PacifistAg
AG
Quote:

Damn. Really really liked Colby. Wish he had gotten that perfect game last season against the A's.

Think about that.... Colby effing Lewis at that age almost threw a perfect game. Loved him as a player. Is he retiring or has he been informed behind the scenes that he's not going to be able to sign with the rangers?
I haven't seen any determination on his future yet. My guess is he wants to pitch again. He had a solid season last year and would make a nice #5 starter for someone. Wouldn't be surprised if he retires though.

And yeah, that perfect game would have been such a great way to cap off his career.
KT 90
AG
Being this late (pitchers and catchers are reporting), that tells you Colby was hoping to play again. Maybe the Rangers told him they wanted to go with a younger option, or maybe he was working to get his body ready and it just wasn't happening.

PacifistAg
AG
KT 90 said:

Being this late (pitchers and catchers are reporting), that tells you Colby was hoping to play again. Maybe the Rangers told him they wanted to go with a younger option, or maybe he was working to get his body ready and it just wasn't happening.
Yeah, I think it just came down to numbers. There's just not room for Colby in the rotation.

Yu
Hamels
Perez
Griffin
Cashner

Plus eventually you'll add Tyson Ross to the mix. The back end is weak, but not horrible. I just think it's a matter of upside. Griffin, Cashner and Ross all have more upside than Colby.
Chipotlemonger
AG
A workhorse on the team if there ever was one. Gonna miss having him.
mhayden
Even with last year's ridiculous 2IP/5ER... Lewis still has a postseason ERA of 3.11 in 9 postseason starts.
bigcat22
AG
Really gonna miss Colbra, guy was a warrior on the mound
Joe Cole
goodbye to the Warrior Beast

How much do you think it would of taken to get him on a 1 year deal ?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm wondering if, as mentioned above, it's less about money and more about his body just not responding like he wants. I could see him being done.
DallasAg 94
Clearly he hoped to pitch.

After the near perfect game in Oakland, his interview was about the fact his family was at the beach on vacation and he seemed to have missed the fact he wasn't there.

He may have looked to come back and it just isn't happening physically or mentally. It may be that he knows he won't be ready for ST, but is holding out on the idea that things may come around, and thus not retiring, just yet.

He was a great Ranger.

RetiredAg - Even with Yu, Hamels, Perez, Griffin, Cashner, Ross, (Chi Chi, Martinez), et al... taking 8-10 potential SPs into ST is never a bad thing. Seems I recall JD having said 7-8 SPs is ideal?!

Loved Colby. I wonder if he'll hang around the team, or he will stay away? I'd like to see him in the broadcast booth from time-to-time.
MooreTrucker
AG
Speaking of broadcast booth, I heard today that Steve Buzbee is out and replaced with CJ Nitkowski.
DallasAg 94
MooreTrucker said:

Speaking of broadcast booth, I heard today that Steve Buzbee is out and replaced with CJ Nitkowski.
Wow... did you hear that from an insider?!

j/k. Yeah, Raymond has full control of the booth. It will be a short leash following the Rangers in 2017. I may find alternative things to do in the evenings.
MooreTrucker
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Wow... did you hear that from an insider?!

j/k. Yeah, Raymond has full control of the booth. It will be a short leash following the Rangers in 2017. I may find alternative things to do in the evenings.
I can't say......
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Raymond has full control of the booth.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I cannot believe any respectable executive with the Rangers could listen to Raymond last year and decide that bringing him back at all is a good idea - much less giving him more time. The broadcast team could use an injection of a little more life and youth vs the Busby/Grieve old folks home approach, but Raymond is absolutely not it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Diekman and Fielder officially on the 60. Rangers pick up Eddie Gamboa from the Rays and currently sit at 39 on the 40 man roster. Just got to announce Nap at this point.
jtstanley4621
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I cannot believe any respectable executive with the Rangers could listen to Raymond last year and decide that bringing him back at all is a good idea - much less giving him more time. The broadcast team could use an injection of a little more life and youth vs the Busby/Grieve old folks home approach, but Raymond is absolutely not it.
Yep. Comparatively, I loved Buzz. At least he didn't sound like he was reading a phone book. Raymond never seemed like he cared at all.
DallasAg 94
jtstanley4621 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yep. Comparatively, I loved Buzz. At least he didn't sound like he was reading a phone book. Raymond never seemed like he cared at all.
Raymond drones on and on about useless and meaningless dribble until you lose sight of the point he was trying to make and lose interest in the game.
AgBQ-00
AG
So we started the season thread last year with pitchers and catchers reporting. We waiting on opening day this year?
Mr Gigem
AG
Done. See y'all over there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.