Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2016

558,934 Views | 2152 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Moderator
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd say it looks like a whole lotta nope nope nope nope nope
JD Shellnut
AG
quote:
Not mine but posted on the Instagram. Thought Zoo and 12f might appreciate this one.

Grand Canyon rattlesnake
Sean98
AG
Ding Ding Ding! Pink Grand Canyon rattlesnake.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Not mine but posted on the Instagram. Thought Zoo and 12f might appreciate this one.

That dude looks absolutely pissed about life. Would not go near...
CrossBowAg99
AG
Phil Robertson just said on Fox News at the RNC that they have killed 200 cottonmouths in the last 6 weeks
ttha_aggie_09
AG
quote:
Phil Robertson just said on Fox News at the RNC that they have killed 200 cottonmouths in the last 6 weeks

Even as much time the robertsons spend in the outdoors, I highly doubt all were truly cottonmouths.

Look at this thread and how many people have been raised outdoors yet they can't tell the difference between a rat snake and a cottonmouth...

I'm not saying it's easy, just a lot of misidentification out there even with seasoned outdoorsmen.
OnlyForNow
AG
They certainly own enough property for it to be possible, but I also doubt it.
Cru
S
Crazy.

http://m.chron.com/news/article/Copperhead-engage-in-nightly-summertime-feeding-8399696.php
ttha_aggie_09
AG
No doubt they killed that many snakes
Texmid
AG
quote:
Crazy.

http://m.chron.com/news/article/Copperhead-engage-in-nightly-summertime-feeding-8399696.php
Nice find. That is crazy.
La Fours
AG
What kind of snake is this?

Nearly stepped on him on hole 7 at La Cantera Resort course this morning. Tiny little thing. Maybe 16" long. Crappy iPhone pic. Had a red stripe down its back and black stripes along the sides of the red one.
ZooGuy
AG
Can't tell from crappy iPhone picture, but probably ribbon or garter snake. I'd bet Western Ribbon depending on location (I don't know where La Cantera is).
12f Mane
AG
Looks like a ribbon snake
Cru
S
Oh look at me. I am at La Cantera.
trouble
AG
It's a little bitty one.
La Fours
AG
Somebody is jealous.
La Fours
AG
This might be a little better.

Oh and I'm in San Antonio.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Not impressed until you see one of the bigger snakes while trying to find that titleist in the rocks. Take a 1 iron with you on the way in.
La Fours
AG
The starter for the course strongly suggested to not venture into the rocks or trees after your ball. Just take the penalty and a drop. That little guy was on the edge of the fairway near the green.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Those jackwads always tell you that so THEY can be the ones collecting the once hit Pro-Vs on their ride arounds. I just make sure I'm reaching with a club and not my unprotected hand. After my education here, I have no fear at all other than surprising a rattler that is snoozing by reaching for a ball next to his noggin.
Ag83
AG
You were in the #!$:%@ fairway, too????!!!

You *** ** * *****!!

Tursiops93
AG
quote:
You were in the #!$:%@ fairway, too????!!!

You *** ** * *****!!

No pic of his ball in the fairway...only the snake. His ball may have been next to the Rattler in the right rough!
Ag83
AG
Point. But it doesn't change the fact that just the picture on the golf course kinda ****** me off.

Oh well...next Friday is my turn so maybe I'll have a snake pic to post from a fairway.
Tursiops93
AG
I didn't get a chance to take pics, but a few weeks ago we played TPC Oaks and I ran across 4 snakes that round. 2 small browns and 2 kings (I think they were anyways). They are out!
La Fours
AG
Lol. That time I was. But most of the day I wasn't.
oneeyedag
quote:
Crazy.

Interesting, as I am surrounded by oaks, essentially forests. I may have to check out the base of some of my oaks, and listen out for the cicadas.
Sazerac
AG
Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkk

Just ruined cicadas for me.
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkk

Just ruined cicadas for me.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
Crazy.

Great ... The oak in my front yard is covered in cicadas
ursusguy
AG
I made a comment on the connection between cicadas and copperheads a couple months ago.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
I made a comment on the connection between cicadas and copperheads a couple months ago.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG

Our buddy " Doug" the snake was found guarding our sprinkler valve today.
ZooGuy
AG
Yellow-bellied Racer.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
quote:
Yellow-bellied Racer.

Ya. I've posted pictures of him here before. I make it a point to show him to wife/ toddler and neighbors so they won't kill him... I named him Doug. Easier to type than yellow bellied racer
AggieGunslinger
AG
Doug got pissed when the grass went brown since he couldn't blend in, so he found the valve that wasn't working. Good snake.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.