Outdoors
Sponsored by

Snake Thread 2016

555,011 Views | 2152 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Moderator
FOUR THIN INCHES
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I learn something new everyday on this thread. He's 4'3". Moccasin or not, he's gonna scare the **** out of the next person who needs to use the ****ter.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
So evil, yet so funny. Need to put a go pro in there for people's reaction.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Worked like a charm. First person opened the door, wasn't really paying attention, and it wasn't until he was taking a step to get inside that he saw it. He screamed like a girl and ran about 30 yards in the opposite direction.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
FOUR THIN INCHES said:

Worked like a charm. First person opened the door, wasn't really paying attention, and it wasn't until he was taking a step to get inside that he saw it. He screamed like a girl and ran about 30 yards in the opposite direction.

I award you eleventy blue parachutes and the internet for that prank today...
12f Mane
ursusguy
AZAG08
AG
Its not funny if its you that walks in there.....
AZAG08
AG
....but since its not me, thats really funny!
EFE
AG
If you tie fishing line to its head and to the leading edge of the door it'll really get a reaction out of your next victim. This will also work in someone's work truck.
Badace52
AG
I don't know... yellow bellied water snakes have always looked the most like cottonmouths to me. Especially when they get big and right before shedding.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
As far as actually looking like water moccasins, you're absolutely correct. I just see more people running into diamond back water snakes and call them moccasins more than anything else.

Yellow belly, Broad Banded, and maybe rat snakes are all other common "facebook moccasins"
jbanda
AG
tx4guns
AG
Cute little cobra.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
OMG A COBRA IN FULSHEAR
Tursiops93
AG
Blotched Water Cobra right???
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Took kids to Cameron park zoo again today. Still waiting on them to display the 2-headed rat snake... I finally got a picture of their Jameson's mamba... cool looking snake.

The king cobra was out from behind his habitat but couldn't get a better pic than the one already posted due to crowd around him.
Russ11
AG
Port a can snake can be pretty dangerous for some people who are needing the port a potty pretty badly...
GinaLinetti
AG
This is fantastic. When you coming back to sa? We need to drink bourbon
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
It might be a while, work has been keeping me pretty busy and I'll probably be on the road a good bit and any breaks I have I'll be spending at the deer lease. But when I'm back in town we should drink some bourbon.
jbanda
AG
Not a snake, but more and more rare...spot the horny toad. Taken at my wife's family's property east of Santa Monica in Willacy county. I'd never been there and now I want every holiday to be there. My kids loved it and there's no expensive crap to break.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
looking on phone but i only see his back legs and tail in the middle of the pic.

cool critters...used to catch those in the alley behind my grandparents house in odessa.
jbanda
AG
Yeah the second pic is just to illustrate that the property is out in the middle of nowhere. My Leo is the kid walking around. 18 months old and he loved it.
Hoelag13
AG
Went to my farm over the break and found a snake stuck on a sticky pad between the kitchen counter and the refrigerator. It was still alive. What kind of snake? Rat snake?

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Rat snake. Probably better at catching mice than your sticky pads
OnlyForNow
AG
Yes rat snake. Go ahead and kill him cause you aren't getting him off of there without killing him and causing him lots of pain.
.45LongColt
He'd make a nice pair of boots!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Neighbor sent me this pic. Said she thought it was a baby copperhead. Sorry for bad photo. I can't tell what it was.

Said it was about a foot long and 1/4 inch diameter
Chazz03
AG
Earth worm
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
That's what I thought at first too... but she said it was bloody when she cut it up and had a snakes head on it. A footling would be a big ol earth worm too!!
Whoop04
Chazz03 said:

Earth worm
12f Mane
AG
That's a brown snake.

I've always wondered why so many people assume every small snake is "baby," and usually a baby copperhead/cottonmouth.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
12f Mane said:

That's a brown snake.

I've always wondered why so many people assume every small snake is "baby," and usually a baby copperhead/cottonmouth.

Thx. She's elderly and it took me awhile to convince her to not kill our yellow belly racer (Doug) that lives in the honeysuckle at our shared fence line. She called when i was on roof putting out Christmas lights to come over, since I didn't answer she killed, took bad pic and threw corpse in ditch.

I wasn't there for the 3pm phone call....
LisaMarie
AG
I know this was from way earlier today but I think you can use vegetable oil to get him loose. Poor guy. Glue traps have lots of unfortunate by catch.
ursusguy
AG
Yeah, I'm not particularly a fan of glue boards. You can use most kitchen oils or mineral oil to try and get a live, unintentional catch off a glue board. Use a small amount a oil and massage the area where the critter is caught. I'll tell you from personal experience, it only works marginally well.
Hoelag13
AG
I screwed up by telling my wife about it and showed her the picture of the snake. Now she is refusing to go to my farm for a while. A few months ago we caught a rat snake wrapped around one of the bed posts and I made my dad promise to not tell my wife. If she knew about that she would make me burn the house down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.