Anime Thread it's time to confess...

80,227 Views | 592 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Ghost of Bisbee
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jabberwalkie09
AG
hunter2012 said:

Quite the flow chart,

LINK
Yep, that's the one.

ohnoivegonecrosseyed.gif
Buck O Five
AG
I found the sequels of Bible Black to be lacking.
Zemira
AG
Wrong thread!
hunter2012
AG
Now that we're here, I'm surprised we haven't hit this issue sooner. I'd think that this is a non Hentai thread, but we can let a consensus form first.

Obviously no links or images, staff hasn't had to intervene with anything here so far. So please keep it to plot, setting, and character discussion only.
HeadGames
AG
Y'all ever see Claymore? I liked it, but they stopped halfway though the series. Had to read the manga to get my fix.
hunter2012
AG
HeadGames said:

Y'all ever see Claymore? I liked it, but they stopped halfway though the series. Had to read the manga to get my fix.

I need to see it I've heard it's good, if you liked claymore you should also checkout Beserk. Though it's sort of running into the same problem, rather they are taking their sweet time adapting it for anime.
AliasMan02
AG
For those who are more plugged in, are we ever getting Dragon Ball Super in the US?
jabberwalkie09
AG
The series is currently on Crunchyroll, I think it's subbed though.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/dragon-ball-super
Fenrir
hunter2012 said:

HeadGames said:

I need to see it I've heard it's good, if you liked claymore you should also checkout Beserk. Though it's sort of running into the same problem, rather they are taking their sweet time adapting it for anime.
Problem with Berserk is that any attempt to adapt to anime would result in very long hiatuses or filler which would ruin it. The manga may never finish due to delays.
HeadGames
AG
That is crazy. Berserk is 20 years old.... still not finished?
jabberwalkie09
AG
HeadGames said:

There was a 12 episode series done this year apparently.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/berserk
HeadGames
AG
I understand with the use of computers, anime can be more smooth, consistent and complex. But I hate Heavy CG anime like the new berserk.
jabberwalkie09
AG
HeadGames said:

I understand with the use of computers, anime can be more smooth, consistent and complex. But I hate Heavy CG anime like the new berserk.
Right, I understand what you're saying and I feel similar to a degree. I still judge how good something looks based on the older animes and movies like the Macross Plus movie's dogfight. In recent history, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works was pretty damn good as was Sword of the Stranger.

Though outside of movies, this scene from GitS: SAC the 2nd Gig gave me chills the first time I saw it:

hunter2012
AG
HeadGames said:

So the way I heard it the most recent series is the first arc but the original series and the golden egg movies are the second arc which is actually a prequel to the first arc. So you could say that Berserk has only just started and what we've seen to this point is just the prequel arc.

I believe the first episode of the first series in the 90s was the first arc and the tv series was supposed to explain the first episode and the second season was supposed to be where the show kicked off.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think someone needs to do a flow chart.
hunter2012
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I think someone needs to do a flow chart.

Ask and ye shall receive, behold, the ultimate anime flow chart

jabberwalkie09
AG
God dammit... Did you have that one read after the last time? You did didn't you?
hunter2012
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Attack on Titan season 2 has been confirmed for April 2017. Also a Sword Art Online movie is coming too.
hunter2012
AG
I've heard the SAO movie is supposed to introduce the "Soul Dive" system. Will be interesting to see what they do after season 2. Not to be picky but I wish they'll get back to doing action.

Looking forward to Attack on Titan just to get past the cliffhanger. I mean seriously, they ended it with titans in the walls... Seriously?!

Also season 3 of Code Geass is confirmed. Its subtitle is Lelouch of the Resurrection.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm more excited over SAO than Attack on Titan personally.

I'll have to check into Code Geass season 3 though
hunter2012
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I'm more excited over SAO than Attack on Titan personally.

I'll have to check into Code Geass season 3 though

Agreed! Attack on Titan was good when I first started back in anime, but after seeing so many good series it's fallen back into the pack for me. I can still watch SAO and enjoy it immensely.

Also I forgot to mention the dubbed Steins;Gate movie releases in March, followed by the sequel series Steins;Gate Zero later in the year. From what I've heard, Kurisu is the main character in the movie. I just hope they dub the episode 23 beta episode before they dub the Zero series since it's supposed to connect them.

Regardless 2018 is going to be a great year for anime!
Do you guys like the subtitles or the dubs?
96AgGrad
AG
I prefer dubs if the voice acting is good. I'm guessing the purists will prefer subs.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Prefer dubs for ease of watching, but subs sometimes are fine if that's the only way to watch it. Sometimes Netflix's shows come out first subbed and have been dubbed later.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ajin season two is on Netflix. If you watched season 1, I think you'll enjoy season 2.

Damn Sato is a great villain.
hunter2012
AG
I loved him in season one, so your suggestion makes me straightup giddy at his potential in season 2. I'll check it out!

Seriously though he might be my favorite antagonist in anime, up there with L.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Death Note I found to be a little disappointing about halfway through it...

Really, I think Shogo Makishima from Psycho-Pass gives Sato a competitive run.
amercer
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Ajin season two is on Netflix. If you watched season 1, I think you'll enjoy season 2.

Damn Sato is a great villain.

Glad it's finally out.
hunter2012
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Death Note I found to be a little disappointing about halfway through it...

Really, I think Shogo Makishima from Psycho-Pass gives Sato a competitive run.

If you liked Light's character as a strategist, checkout Code Geass, the protagonist is very similar and the series really finishes strong. right up there with fmab in terms of strong finishes.

Although be warned that season 3 was announced so there'll be a new ending.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I've seen the main two series of Code Geass, and I thought they were pretty good. I can't remember if they animated any of the spin off stuff, but I didn't see any of that.

Not sure how I feel about a third season since how the second season ended.
AliasMan02
AG
Pulled out the Witch Hunter Robin DVDs yesterday for another runthtough. The wife never finished it so we're binging the whole thing.
Olsen
hunter2012
AG
Sato wrecks shop as per usual.

My friend is trying to get me to see blue exorcist? Anyone seen it yet?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.