Anime Thread it's time to confess...

80,211 Views | 592 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Ghost of Bisbee
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
nvm
jabberwalkie09
AG

jabberwalkie09
AG
Coming next month is the sequel to Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul. Below is the latest preview with the ending and opening themes in it, respectively.

hunter2012
AG
Season 2 of Attack on Titan dub will premiere on toonami on April 22nd. It's been what, 3 years?!

LINK
jabberwalkie09
AG
Coming soon on blu-ray and DVD, Outlaw Star. Gene Starwind and Jim Hawking own a small business on Sentinel III enjoying their lives until they take on a client and their lives are pretty much changed forever going on what may be the universe's greatest mystery.

If you enjoy space westerns, this is pretty much a must watch. I'd say it's a must watch if you liked Cowboy Bebop. This aired back in the late night Toonami block (Toonami promo).
hunter2012
AG
I remember seeing the first few episodes back in the 90s even still I don't remember the characters at all other than the the girl with the eye patch and the fact that one of the characters is the ship? I think it aired right after the DBZ and Gundam wing glory days. They were trying to find the next big show... My age was single digits then, dang that was a long time ago...
jabberwalkie09
AG
hunter2012 said:

I remember seeing the first few episodes back in the 90s even still I don't remember the characters at all other than the fact than the girl with the eye patch and that one of the characters is the ship? I think it aired right after the DBZ and Gundam wing glory days. They were trying to find the next big show... My age was single digits then, dang that was a long time ago...
Gene and Jim are hired by "Rachel" or Hot Ice Hilda for a job. Hilda was the one with the eye patch, but she isn't around long. Soon after you meet Melfina (Joss Whedon totally didn't rip off her entrance for River Tam), and along the way you pick up other characters like Suzuka and Aisha. The ship is the XGP which is renamed to the title of the series, the Outlaw Star. The later arc of the series deals with Melfina and the XGP's original purpose, which is mentioned at the start.

Like Cowboy Bebop, the series doesn't have an arc that spans the entire series but I think the series works despite that.
hunter2012
AG
Yeah... None of that rings a bell, I guess I'm gonna have to rewatch it...
amercer
AG
Finished the first season of Magi and the Sinbad thing. Sort of reinforced my initial thoughts. Cool world, and I'd like to see more, but it's not quite great.

The four episode Seven Deadly Sins thing was kind of a waste, but I am excited for the next season.
HeadGames
AG
Magi would be great, if the dudes didn't cry so much.
jabberwalkie09
AG
OH HELL YEAH!

A new Ghost in the Shell anime is in the works. No words on details like date or format as of yet.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-06/ghost-in-the-shell-gets-new-anime-from-kenji-kamiyama-shinji-aramaki/.114481
jabberwalkie09
AG
Finished Steins;Gate and the movie. That was pretty great. Some of it was confusing towards the start, but man the pay off was great. Though it was bit soul crushing watching Okabe try to avoid Mayuri's death and gail the first at trying to save Kurisu. I can see why it's well loved, and it's something I'd definitely recommend now having seen it.
hunter2012
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Finished Steins;Gate and the movie. That was pretty great. Some of it was confusing towards the start, but man the pay off was great. Though it was bit soul crushing watching Okabe try to avoid Mayuri's death and gail the first at trying to save Kurisu. I can see why it's well loved, and it's something I'd definitely recommend now having seen it.

It's also one of those shows that's worth coming back to down the road, there's a ton of stuff I picked up on later viewings especially in the early episodes. I'll probably rewatch it before the sequel "0" comes out.

Also apparently Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale hit the top 20 in Japan for highest grossing films, not just anime. Looks like American isn't the only place the show is popular....
Hulla Baller
AG
I know this isn't really Anime but is anybody watching the new Samurai Jack? I find it pretty enjoyable and am definitely glad it's back!
Capt. America
AG
How had I not seen One-Punch Man before today? This show is hilarious!
hunter2012
AG
Capt. America said:

How had I not seen One-Punch Man before today? This show is hilarious!

The end of the house of evolution episode is the best(episode 3?). Saitama's getting knocked around like he's way out matched and the he appears stunned like any other superhero show ever, only instead he's doing the math and he's panicking that he's missing the big sale.

Surprisingly there's several awesome fights throughout the show. I do love how it goes after all the super hero tropes out there...
Fenrir
Anybody know why they took the English dub down on Netflix? It was there at first but not anymore.
Capt. America
AG
I finished that one earlier today. SO GOOD!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fenrir said:

Anybody know why they took the English dub down on Netflix? It was there at first but not anymore.

I didn't know they had the dub.... well damn
hunter2012
AG

I just thought this was neat, Myles Garrett appears to be an anime fan. Especially since he wore this shirt for a interview on the NFL network that was set to air on draft day. I guess I'm going to have to keep watching hunter x hunter....

And Myles we'd love to see you share your favorite animes with us! So long as you don't say the last airbender anyway...

Also congrats on being the number 1 pick!
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, this preview was originally shown back during a Code Geass event back in November/December of last year.

No date on when as of yet, but there is also going to be a few compilation movies that sum up the first two seasons.
hunter2012
AG
It would be awesome to see what the titles say.

Also in the Code Geass realm, the intermission(between season 1&2) OVA series Akito the Exiled Dub is releasing soon, they released the trailer a couple of days ago, all the episodes run about 4-5 hours.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I know, I'm hoping that there's someone who translates it all.

As to Akito the Exiled, I'll definitely watch it. I rewatched the first season not too long ago, and I forgot how much I enjoyed the first season. Then I remembered that the first third of the second season with Rolo was kind of a miss for me, but the rest of the season seriously makes up for it.

As to stuff for this season airing, I'm enjoying Rage of Bahamut Virgin Soul. Doesn't feel like the characters missed a beat from the first series to this one.
hunter2012
AG
Not sure if this will imbed or not but the trailer for the new anime movie Blame! Looks interesting.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/80175931

It looks to be a mix of irobot/the matrix/attack on titan
amercer
AG
Watched it last night. The concept is really cool. I kind of hate CGI Anime though, and it looked like the production budget was about 27$ Facial expressions were at a premium...

I would love to see a 52 episode series based on this, but from a brief read of the Wikipedia page it looks like no one has quite figured out how to flesh to concept out.
hunter2012
AG
This could be a fun exercise:

Notable characters and thoughts:

Guts(Beserk)100/15-yep he's pretty close to deserving none of the misery he endures.

The chimera(FMA:B)85/5-don't need to say much about this

Sakura(fate;stay)80/60- not sure what she did to merit her suffering or what her suffering was.

Ohgi(Code Geass)10/100- again, not sure why he deserves 100 suffering, Lelouch kept his identity secret for a reason.

Lelouch(Code Geass)60/70- protagonist or not, he probably deserves more suffering.

Frieza(DBZ)75/100- yeah, he deserved what little he got...

Any other notables?

Hagen95
AG
Vash the Stampede (Trigun) is at 75/25.
96AgGrad
AG
Sato (Ajin) seems about right at (20/90). Sure he gets killed a few times, but he gets off pretty light for all the destruction he causes.
hunter2012
AG
96AgGrad said:

Sato (Ajin) seems about right at (20/90). Sure he gets killed a few times, but he gets off pretty light for all the destruction he causes.

I'm not even sure he suffered 20, how does an immortal even suffer?
HeadGames
AG
Y'all see the new Castlevania trailer on Netflix? Looks rad.
hunter2012
AG
I may not have loved all the arcs, but the visuals are just incredible.

amercer
AG
I'm pretty sure if I was him I would have given up video games after season one....
jabberwalkie09
AG
SAO seems to the current anime everyone loves to watch if they missed Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece and I'll throw in Fairy Tail too.

I believe it was mentioned that another season is in the works for SAO, supposedly it was after/in which credits in Japanese theaters. I'm going to see the movie when I get a chance, but the second season felt like a bit of a let down. Not as much of a let down as Psycho-pass season 2 and the movie were though. I liked the GGO arc and the Mother Rosario arc but the rest of the season was a wash for me.
JJxvi
AG
80/65 Meliodas, Seven Deadly Sins
55/25 Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist
60/50 Alphonse Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist
65/40 Crona, Soul Eater
50/60 Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop
jabberwalkie09
AG
http://io9.gizmodo.com/cowboy-bebop-is-getting-an-american-live-action-tv-ser-1795849851

Ugh.... this is probably going to suck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.