Anime Thread it's time to confess...

80,309 Views | 592 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Ghost of Bisbee
Frank Sobotka
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Eden of the East is another one with extremely likeable and cool protagonists. It also has probably the only anime romance that I really like. The production quality is very good. The art style is very detailed for an anime.
The last episode just felt like a big bag of "meh" to me. Loved the buildup and the unknown, just the payoff never really felt that great to me.

Very, very fair. I heard the production studio basically ran out of money because of the expensive graphics, and that the series was originally supposed to last a bit longer. Still, 2 of the coolest characters ever, and great chemistry.
Frank Sobotka
Though it's weird to speak of chemistry between 2 cartoon figures.
hunter2012
AG
film, print, anime, they are all fictitious no?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Eden of the East is another one with extremely likeable and cool protagonists. It also has probably the only anime romance that I really like. The production quality is very good. The art style is very detailed for an anime.
The last episode just felt like a big bag of "meh" to me. Loved the buildup and the unknown, just the payoff never really felt that great to me.

Very, very fair. I heard the production studio basically ran out of money because of the expensive graphics, and that the series was originally supposed to last a bit longer. Still, 2 of the coolest characters ever, and great chemistry.
Well they did do two movies IIRC after the original series ended.
JJxvi
AG
Lots of Cowboy Bebop love, but I actually prefer Samurai Champloo.
Frank Sobotka
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well they did do two movies IIRC after the original series ended.
Maybe just the timing of the revenue stream meant that they had to push the series out? I
AliasMan02
AG
Can we get a real Rolf anime discussion going, please?

Just realized this is the EB so the above may not make sense to most of you.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eh maybe. I think the last of the two movies is on Netflix right now.
gougler08
AG
I'm re-watching DBZ right now...it's still awesome
jabberwalkie09
AG
Found this on the front page of imgur tonight.

Mucho austin
AG
My one and only anime movie I have seen:

Princess Mononoki

It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I seem to remember loving the first half, liking the next 25%, then thinking it was getting a little too odd towards the end.
Post removed:
by user
Seven Psycho Ags
No one has mentioned Elfen Lied yet?
hunter2012
AG
caught up on dubbed Fairy Tail and just finished Cowboy Bebop, that ending... just wow.

Also Ed and Happy are the greatest sidekicks ever...

AliasMan02
AG
quote:
caught up on dubbed Fairy Tail and just finished Cowboy Bebop, that ending... just wow.

Bang.
tremble
AG
The first season of Black Lagoon and most of the 2nd season may be my favorites. Bebop obviously.

Mushishi was really good too and there was one a few years back that I really enjoyed which involved a spear-wielding woman mercenary which had some of the best direction/choreography I've seen.
Zemira
AG
I can't believe no on has mentioned One Piece. Greatest pirates in the world and still going strong at over 680 episodes over 16(?) years.
hunter2012
AG
I know about one piece, but it's a large time commitment to get invested in it.
getme
I've been working my way through Kill La Kill on Crunchyroll. The first new (to me) anime in a long time that I've gotten into.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I've been working my way through Kill La Kill on Crunchyroll. The first new (to me) anime in a long time that I've gotten into.

Hope you enjoy it. It seems to be popular, but was totally not my thing and i only made it through two episodes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I know about one piece, but it's a large time commitment to get invested in it.

Agreed and plus having had experience with watching other long running anime where they have entire arcs that are filler, I'm less inclined to even start.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Bang.
hunter2012
AG
Just to clarify which Ed:

TKEAg04
AG
Best character in Cowboy Bebop:

TheCougarHunter
AG
Robotech was the first I saw and nothing else comes close in my opinion. Gundam wing and Bebop were pretty good though
Zemira
AG
Best food based anime is Yakitate.

ThatSneakyAzzAleppoMoment
RoboTech blew me away when I watched it as a teen. Cowboy Bebop is my all time fav.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
RoboTech blew me away when I watched it as a teen. Cowboy Bebop is my all time fav.

If you like Robotech, try to find Macross Plus. It's an ova series, and i think you could buy the series and stream it on Amazon. It's from the same franchise that Robotech was adapted from. If you find the movie version, Bryan Cranston is the voice actor for Isamu Dyson.
Fenrir
quote:
The first season of Black Lagoon and most of the 2nd season may be my favorites. Bebop obviously.

Mushishi was really good too and there was one a few years back that I really enjoyed which involved a spear-wielding woman mercenary which had some of the best direction/choreography I've seen.

There is a second mushishi series recently. Not sure if it has English dub yet or not. Is the spear wielding woman one moribito?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Morobito spirit of the guardian is the one that i was thinking of.
96AgGrad
AG
I have seen and can recommend the following series:

Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion
Hellsing
The Last Exile
Attack on Titan

Some of the better movies I can think of include:
Akira
Ninja Scroll
Ghost in the Shell
Spriggan
The Patlabor movies
Armitage movies
Vampire Hunter D
Blood: The Last Vampire

Edit:
Had to add Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade
amercer
AG
Just finished season one of Darker Than Black

It was awesome.

The reviews for season two and the ova are mixed so I'll probably move on to somthing else, but season one was cool
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Just finished season one of Darker Than Black

It was awesome.

The reviews for season two and the ova are mixed so I'll probably move on to somthing else, but season one was cool
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with the second season and OVA.
Cooter00
Funny to see this thread....my wife has done voices for characters on several of these shows.
No Space Dandy fans? I thought that one had a good following?
getme
Samurai Champloo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.