I guess it's my turn

59,133 Views | 249 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by shalackin
RockwallAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rest in Heaven Pelayo.

Here.
dslamb
AG
Here
Phrasing
AG
Here.
Cleanedup
AG
Here
CDub06
AG
So sad to see. Here.
TX AG 88
AG
Here.
Philip J Fry
AG
Any chance we can get a donation going from the TexAgs family? Even if they don't need it financially, it would be nice to show them how much he meant to us.
aginlakeway
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Any chance we can get a donation going from the TexAgs family? Even if they don't need it financially, it would be nice to show them how much he meant to us.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Rudyjax
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Scholarship money for the kids?
ETFan
FIDO95 said:

This one hits home. It's a reminder that behind all the numbers are real people. Take care of yourselves Ags because we do not "know the day nor the hour".

Here.
Man, so much this. This one hurts.

Here.
Comeby!
AG
Gosh, this hit me harder than i thought. I've never met him but felt like I knew John through my casual interaction and medical advice from him on here. My condolences to the family. What a wonderful person. I'd like to donate to a scholarship fund for his children.
robdobyns
AG
That's a great idea. I'm in.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NASAg03
Here. Sounds like a great man that really followed Jesus.

I'd like to donate. He was a guy with a servant's heart. Only appropriate we pass it on it on and follow his example.
aginlakeway
AG
robdobyns said:

That's a great idea. I'm in.

I'm in too. We need someone to put it together and make sure it gets to the family..
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
dermdoc
AG
aginlakeway said:

Philip J Fry said:

I am in also.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Philip J Fry
AG
Anyone know how to coordinate something like this? Good start would be if anyone had contact with his family.
88planoAg
AG
Do you have contact with the family, or know someone who does or could coordinate the idea of a scholarship fund or similar?
VaultingChemist
AG
88planoAg said:

Do you have contact with the family, or know someone who does or could coordinate the idea of a scholarship fund or similar?
I had his cell number and the address of his clinic. I did not know his family, unfortunately, but I am sure there are some posters on TexAgs who do.

If anyone would like the mailing address of his clinic, please DM me.
Rudyjax
AG
I have one mutual friend with his wife, but that lady knows everyone so not sure how strong the relationship is.
SCQ
Maybe 3rd Generation Ag will see. Sounds like he had a church relationship with him. I will reach out to some Argyle Ags
Shooter McGavin
AG
Philip J Fry said:

In the obituary:

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Ranch Hands Rescue Human and Animal Sanctuary in Argyle, TX.

Here's the website:

Ranch Hands Rescue Donation page
3rd Generation Ag
AG
That same church was 20 or so years ago. Maybe more. I think DermDoc might be the best one to reach out..or Dr. Coates.

ntxaggie
At the service today, it was mentioned that the family had requested a scholarship be set up with the North Texas Football League, for the benefit of kids who might not have the means to participate. John coached so many of our sons, and was very passionate about youth football.

I am not aware of any financial need that the family has. I lost my father when I was a teenager, and can tell you that I don't really remember much of what was said to me, or at the service, as I was just in shock. I have read so many kind words and warm memories on these pages. I heard similar stories today at the service. If I had to suggest something, it would be to tell the family what John meant to you, perhaps in a letter or post on the funeral home site, so that they can go back and read it in the weeks and months ahead.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
I'd like to help however I can with this.
aginlakeway
AG
WatchOle said:

I'd like to help however I can with this.

We need someone to put it together and make sure it gets to the family.
BohunkAg
AG
Mrs Bo knows both of them well (I found out too late). She was in med school class with Mrs Pelayo and knew Pelayo because he was a couple years ahead. She had nothing but good things to say. She thinks the donations to charity would be much appreciated.
BohunkAg
AG
And she said John (or Gus as she knew him) was very invested in his kids. The youth football thing would be cool. My two cents
94chem
Class of '94 here.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Capitol Ag
AG
HERE!

After just getting over my bout with it, it's so strange and sad how some are mild and others are so severe.
GeorgiAg
AG
Wow. Here.

Dang, I just got Covid and am the same age. I thought I was bumping along ok. Now I'm terrified of Day 7.
Rudyjax
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Wow. Here.

Dang, I just got Covid and am the same age. I thought I was bumping along ok. Now I'm terrified of Day 7.
T&Ps.
doctorAg13
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Wow. Here.

Hang in there. Prayers for you
Aston94
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Wow. Here.

As Pelayo documented, he had a pre-existing condition which made him more of a risk. Look at larger data points showing the low mortality rate for people your age and take care of yourself.
GeorgiAg
AG
Aston94 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Wow. Here.

As Pelayo documented, he had a pre-existing condition which made him more of a risk. Look at larger data points showing the low mortality rate for people your age and take care of yourself.
I have HBP and am a tad overweight. Not sure what his PEC was, and I know the overwhelming majority of people my age recover, but reading this post this morning certainly has given me the push for some introspection and reevaluation of my priorities.

I'm so sorry for his family and friends.
88planoAg
AG
So as to not derail this thread, go to the Got Covid thread to discuss your symptoms and anxiety.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.