I guess it's my turn

58,971 Views | 249 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by shalackin
Pelayo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A bit tired yesterday developed fever and fatigue this morning. Rapid PCR positive. Been trying hard to get the vaccine

We've got various early and later treatment protocols we've been using. Looking into AB infusion I barely qualify. Would like to hear from Marcus and others their thoughts of what to do now. Thank you
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cc_ag92
AG
Damn. Hoping you get the needed treatments ASAP. Thanks for all of your work fighting this and the times you've shared your knowledge with us here.
Tabasco
AG
What is AB infusion (obviously not a medical person)
I Am A Critic
Likely AB for blood type.

Per Dr. Reveille's protocol, you should take 50,000 IU of Vit D asap.
Anecdotally, seems to be more docs going down. I wonder if this is due to a more contagious strain, other factors, or nothing at all.

Also anecdotally, it is hitting my area pretty hard right now. Mostly kids, some parents. No one seriously ill, thankfully, but I do worry about the approaching holidays.
encinoag
AG
Monoclonal antibody
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Pelayo said:

A bit tired yesterday developed fever and fatigue this morning. Rapid PCR positive. Been trying hard to get the vaccine

We've got various early and later treatment protocols we've been using. Looking into AB infusion I barely qualify. Would like to hear from Marcus and others their thoughts of what to do now. Thank you

The evidence for monoclonal antibodies is pretty weak, BLAZE-1 was a negative trial that failed all primary outcomes but possibly reduces hospitalization (this was a secondary outcome in an industry funded trial, however). Salim Rezaie has a breakdown of the BLAZE-1 trial on RebelEM. Sounds kind of like Tamiflu, except exponentially more expensive..

https://rebelem.com/blaze-1-covid-19-neutralizing-antibody-bamlanivimab/

Hope you get better, doc.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Reveille
AG
Pelayo said:

Personally, I would take Ivermectin 12mg today and another 12mg on Day 3, Doxycycline 100mg BID, Vit D 20,000 to 50,000IU now then 4,000IU per day, famotidine 10-20mg BID, Zinc 50mg BID, Quercetin 1-2g BID, Melatonin 10mg q hs, NAC 600mg BID and a baby aspirin. Also consider VIt C 2,000IU 2-3 times per day. Make sure you drink plenty of liquids and rest. I will pray for you to have a quick and easy recovery.

If you want PM me for any other questions.
4the_Record
Praying for you and all the front line folks affected
AggieLitigator
Reveille said:

Pelayo said:

Personally, I would take Ivermectin 12mg today and another 12mg on Day 3, Doxycycline 100mg BID, Vit D 20,000 to 50,000IU now then 4,000IU per day, famotidine 10-20mg BID, Zinc 50mg BID, Quercetin 1-2g BID, Melatonin 10mg q hs, NAC 600mg BID and a baby aspirin. Also consider VIt C 2,000IU 2-3 times per day. Make sure you drink plenty of liquids and rest. I will pray for you to have a quick and easy recovery.

What does BID mean?
Gone Camping
AG
Quote:

What does BID mean?
I was curious too and had to google it. Two times per day.
Pelayo
AG
Thank you everyone for responding. Following all the advice (short of a baby shampoo sinus rinse a friend recommended, lol).

Only symptoms are feeling of weakness, sleepiness, the fever and headache go away with APAP +Nsaid. No respiratory symptoms. My wife is having me lay prone for 30 minutes twice a day, which is kinda hard.
Reveille
AG
AggieLitigator said:

Reveille said:

Pelayo said:

What does BID mean?
Sorry was talking to another physician so used our abbreviations. I wasn't thinking of others reading too.

QD is once per day
BID is twice per day
TID is three times per day
QID is four times per day
AggieLitigator
Thank you!
SCQ
Peyalo

I'm on the same time frame with you. I sure screwed up Christmas. I'm 57 healthy 15 mile a week walker seem to be getting better. Sounds like your getting better as well, I have just heard all the horror stories. Is this a light or train? Bud light still taste good while disking and harrowing (social distancing) pig wallows in my hay meadows and Gentleman Jack watching college football. Please report if you see the train I'll do likewise. Good luck
bay fan
S
I'm so sorry and hope you have an easy go of it. Thank you for being on the front line.
Pelayo
AG
Thank you SCQ and bay fan

Day three cough is setting in but not that bad. Still taste, no shortness of breath. Sleep and sweaty more than anything. Considering my underlying risk so far everything is very, very good.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Pelayo said:

Thank you SCQ and bay fan

Day three cough is setting in but not that bad. Still taste, no shortness of breath. Sleep and sweaty more than anything. Considering my underlying risk so far everything is very, very good.
Be on the lookout for Day 9/10 after you had it. Seems like that's the time COVID begins to attack.

Based on my experience in June, I'd recommend getting a Vitamin IV boost from a wellness location to beef up your Immune System. I did mine about Day 10 when my fever came back and the fever was gone within the hour and I was on the mend. Wish I had done it earlier than Day 10. Asthmatic, so I used Pulmicort from AstraZeneca to beat the cough following.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Aggie95
AG
Day 9/10 after test or symptom start? Majority say day 7 is key.
Pelayo
AG
Aggie95 said:

Day 9/10 after test or symptom start? Majority say day 7 is key.
Symptom started same day as I tested, So day 4 now.

Cough increased slightly, not short of breath, very tired. No fever in 24 hours.
DadHammer
AG
Sounds like you will be one of the lucky ones.

That's great. Luckily you can skip the vaccine now. That's a positive outcome at least when looking for a silver lining.
goodAg80
AG
Reveille said:

Pelayo said:

Is the baby aspirin showing efficacy against the micro clotting?

Pelayo
AG
DadHammer said:

That's great. Luckily you can skip the vaccine now. That's a positive outcome at least when looking for a silver lining.
Thank you. As far as vaccine goes I just look at it as an extension before I am eligible/high enough priority to receive.

Day 5 cough is now a big thing, not SOB though. Taste has finally gone. First time ever family opened gifts without me.
goodAg80
AG
Pelayo said:

DadHammer said:

Thank you. As far as vaccine goes I just look at it as an extension before I am eligible/high enough priority to receive.

Day 5 cough is now a big thing, not SOB though. Taste has finally gone. First time ever family opened gifts without me.
Sorry to hear it. Hope you rebound soon.
AggieDub14
AG
Reveille said:

Pelayo said:

My wife and I have developed symptoms over the last few days. We both just took 10,000 IU of Vitamin D and got some 500 mg vitamin C chewables I'll plan on taking 3 times a day. Will plan on doing 4,000 IU of Vitamin D daily moving forward. Zinc was sold out at Walmart so I need to order some. Any other recommendations for OTC stuff?
Pelayo
AG
Day 6 in a few hours

This is the worst yet. Cough is exacerbating a severe headache. Excruciating now can't sleep. Not dyspneic so will suck it up. Asa, Caffeine, APAP, Ibuprofen, looking for wife's old Imitrex, hot tea, lemon, honey, Tessalon Perles, budesonide, albuterol, a ton of water, meditation, cool rag just now lozenges. Melatonin as part of protocol, have a small dose of Trazodone will try next.

40% my licensed staff is down with COVID or recovering. No guarantee of vaccine this week. Not in shape to even do callbacks much less telemedicine from home. Freaking nightmare for the highest demand period of the year.
robdobyns
AG
Pelayo, if you start getting SOB and or your O2 sats fall to 93 or lower, try to get leronlimab. The FDA just resumed its approval for EIND in severe/critical covid. It also is statistically effective in lowering NEWS 2 scores in mild, moderate. No side effects. Baylor hospital in Dallas and Houston were among trial sites. If you need to be hospitalized, try to find a trial site hospital. FDA has allowed the S/C trial to continue open label even though the trial reached total enrollment about 10 days ago.
Hopefully you won't need this. But if you are hospitalized, get this drug. It works.
robdobyns
AG
I second everything Dr Rev said also.
DadHammer
AG
I hope the cough passes quickly. Maybe some good rest will help you.

Keep us updated. Praying for you.
Pelayo
AG
robdobyns said:

Pelayo, if you start getting SOB and or your O2 sats fall to 93 or lower, try to get leronlimab. The FDA just resumed its approval for EIND in severe/critical covid. It also is statistically effective in lowering NEWS 2 scores in mild, moderate. No side effects. Baylor hospital in Dallas and Houston were among trial sites. If you need to be hospitalized, try to find a trial site hospital. FDA has allowed the S/C trial to continue open label even though the trial reached total enrollment about 10 days ago.
Hopefully you won't need this. But if you are hospitalized, get this drug. It works.
I will thank you. Sats ok but dropping
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Pelayo said:

Get the monoclonal ab infusion. 2 of my partners got it and were moderately ill. Improved within 24 hrs after. I did not get it. It wasn't as readily available as it is now. But in hindsight I should have. Survived in spite of not getting it.

You need to be on decadron and baby ASA also if not already.

Thinking about you. Get well mi amigo.
jpb1999
AG
So is it ok to take ibuprofen/advil now? I remember people saying not to take it last spring, then I recall that was debunked... part of my family has it now (out of household) and now this evening my 6 and 8 year olds said they were feeling bad, mainly stomach, but my 8 year old had a fever around 100 or so. Gave them ibuprofen but then panicked hoping that I gave them the right medicine.

If they do end up with it, what should kids take as far as supplements/vitamins go?

Thanks!
SCQ
Pelayo

How you doing? My early expectations of getting better didn't happen. Day 7-10 seem to be the worst. Really tried not to expose family. Unsuccessful. Waiting for taste and smell return. This is the longest anything out of China ever lasted Good luck
Bruce Almighty
AG
It's been awhile since op has posted. Hope he's doing ok.
Not a Bot
AG
Hasn't posted on Texags at all since his last post on this thread. Was very active. Hopefully he's ok.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.