I guess it's my turn

59,137 Views | 249 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by shalackin
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's evident that society lost a really quality individual here. What a terrible loss for everyone. I keep coming back to read the little anecdotes.
OasisMan
BBQ4Me
AG
Here. Thank you for all you did.
VaultingChemist
AG
Back in March, Pelayo (John) paid an Uber driver to drive over 5 hours on a foggy Friday night just to pick up 20 N95 masks so his staff would have them when their clinic opened on Saturday morning.

12thmandy
AG
Here.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Way back memory...long ago they were young doctors in the town where I lived. And they went to the same church. I mistakenly had agreed to help watch the toddler nursery so the regulars could attend church to see a baptism. I had no grandkids at the time and was in horror as the todders seemed to be grabbing sippy cups with no consideration for ownership. I was struggling. Then this wonderful couple showed up as the other helpers that day. They were so calm and caring with these tiny ones and I could devote my time to the one who kept crying for mama the entire time. Only later, on Texags, did I learn that John and Becky were that couple. Never once had they done the doctor brag in a town where it was common. And from that day this couple has had a special place in my heart, even though they surely don't remember me from that chance encounter.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Here
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
doctorAg13
AG
Just awful.

Here
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CheladaAg
AG
First time coming to this forum of Texags to give my condolences. I never interacted with Pelayo but just paying my respects to him and his family as fellow Texags poster. Here.
cbr
AG
this is very sad, and very disturbing all at the same time. A great loss for the Texags community, to say nothing of his real life community.

the reminder is there - if this man, healthy, in his 50's, a doctor, can be taken by this virus, then really anyone can.

here.
SnowboardAg
AG
This is heartbreaking - very sad for his family and those close to him, as well as the entire Aggie community. Thank you for selflessly caring for others - a true hero to others!
Gordo14
Here
Knucklesammich
Here

Absolutely devastating
rptsAg03
Here
RandyAg98
AG
Here.
Goodbull_19
AG
Here.
Madagascar
AG
Here
BohunkAg
AG
3rd Generation Ag said:

Way back memory...long ago they were young doctors in the town where I lived. And they went to the same church. I mistakenly had agreed to help watch the toddler nursery so the regulars could attend church to see a baptism. I had no grandkids at the time and was in horror as the todders seemed to be grabbing sippy cups with no consideration for ownership. I was struggling. Then this wonderful couple showed up as the other helpers that day. They were so calm and caring with these tiny ones and I could devote my time to the one who kept crying for mama the entire time. Only later, on Texags, did I learn that John and Becky were that couple. Never once had they done the doctor brag in a town where it was common. And from that day this couple has had a special place in my heart, even though they surely don't remember me from that chance encounter.
That's a great memory.
Ranger222
AG
Wow here. Praying for his family
dermdoc
AG
John and I go way back. He would always look for me at Aggie games and ask about my family.

He and I agreed on a lot politically and medically and of course, A&M sports.

Great man, doc, father, brother, Aggie who loved the Lord and doing what was right.

Here.
Godbless
Just a horrifying reminder that this disease can swiftly kill you even when you think you are getting better. Prayers for him and his family and all who are fighting this disease.
Fitch
AG
If you have a few minutes, consider leaving a note on the funeral website. My grandfather passed away in late November and it brought some wonder and healing for my grandmother to see the litany of people that left messages on Facebook and the like. No telling if they have seen the dozens of responses here on TexAgs.

https://www.daltonandson.com/obituaries/Dr-John-Gustavo-Gomez?obId=19660305
88planoAg
AG
Does anyone know if his wife knows about his Texags account and can read these threads?
SwigAg11
AG
Here
FalconAg06
Fitch said:

If you have a few minutes, consider leaving a note on the funeral website. My grandfather passed away in late November and it brought some wonder and healing for my grandmother to see the litany of people that left messages on Facebook and the like. No telling if they have seen the dozens of responses here on TexAgs.

https://www.daltonandson.com/obituaries/Dr-John-Gustavo-Gomez?obId=19660305

Great idea
Lsprott
Here
dubi
AG
Here
Bullneck
Here.
Gig'em, Bullneck
01agtx
AG
Here
3rd Platoon
AG
Here.

This breaks my heart. I took my wife on a trip to Spain back in 2014, and he gave me some really good advice (that we utilized) about exchange rates, places to see, food, and background. We had a similar ancestral background, as it turns out.

The world lost a terrific human.
---------------------------------------
aka Commander 99 and "The Fake Dave South"
Rutedown
Here
Giddy Up!
TAMC11
AG
Damn this was a hard read.

Here. And thoughts and prayers for his family.
SlygirlAg
AG
Here.

**** COVID!
G Martin 87
AG
Here. I will miss reading his posts very much. Always well spoken, thoughtful, and considerate. I wish I had known John in person.
Gilligan
AG
Tragic!

T&P to the family

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.