Got Covid? Thread

43,318 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SpringAg92
SpringAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just returned to work part time yesterday. I have been out since mid December.I will be working part time through next Friday. I'm on my feet most of the day. (Art Teacher) I'm so sore I feel like someone has beat me with a hammer.

Prior to my return I was still having issues with walking, fatigue and strength, but was no longer experiencing the pain I did while fighting a moderate case of Covid. Admittedly I have not been that active since I have been home - it's just tough getting around.

I'm wondering how I will make it through next week though I will only be working half days?

I'm taking Tylenol, doing some exercises at home & epsom salt baths.

Any suggestions? I really cannot afford to be out any longer.

AgsMyDude
AG
Anyone just get diarrhea from the start? Might just be a stomach bug but I've had 1 solid since like Wed. Mild headache today but little sleep last night bc of kids.
TSUAggie
Thats how it started with my 2 year old daughter. I had some issues that started in the second day.
Newoldarmy
AG
Hang in there!

I have lessening fatigue and weakness, but sore joints, especially shoulders and hips. Take Advil and Tylenol overlapping and rest when you can.

I'm six weeks out today and it still sucks. Did too much last weekend and barely made it home after work yesterday. But, every day is better so there's light at the end of the tunnel.
GeorgiAg
AG
GeorgiAg said:

New here. Day 4? 5? positive test 3 days ago, but starting having loss of smell a day or so before. Still have taste. Initially congested. Only moderate since then. No fever. Not much cough. Pulse ox 97% consistently. Blood pressure is a good bit higher than normal, even after meds. Had HBP since my 20s. Slightly overweight. Bad fatigue. Sleep 10 hours and have a nap mid day.

Seems like you guys are taking more Vitamin D than me. I was told 6,000/day. Otherwise:
baby aspirin
zinc 100mg/day
Vitamin C 1000 mg
Azithromycin - started that earlier because I initially thought I had a sinus infection/bronchitis. Almost done with dose. Sinus infection and lung tightness gone.
Mucinex
Flonase/Saline - Pretty much do that year round for allergies.
Have an extra Zpac if necessary.

Getting a nebulizer today and one of those cheap lung exercise machines - had one after a long surgery under anesthesia but I guess I threw it away.

I was doing fine until I read about Pelayo. Seen him post on Texags a lot and he was my same age. That kind of hit me like a ton of bricks.

Update: Back at work as of yesterday. All good. Smell still mostly gone, but coming back a bit. Not sure, but I really think long steamy showers, nebulizer, flonase, saline nasal spray, mucinex, Azithromycin/ Z pack did the trick. Also got in 5k to 6k steps outside per day.

Blood ox never went below 97%. Lost about 4 pounds but that's good. Still haven't had a drop of alcohol. Today is Day 13 no alcohol. I'm going to try to keep that up. Going to the gym today! Hopefully turn this negative into a positive.

My assistant is still out with fever/congestion. Associate in office next to me had to go to the hospital, but is back home now.
GeorgiAg
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Anyone just get diarrhea from the start? Might just be a stomach bug but I've had 1 solid since like Wed. Mild headache today but little sleep last night bc of kids.
Yes, that and loss of smell is how it started for me.
AgsMyDude
AG
GeorgiAg said:

AgsMyDude said:

Yes, that and loss of smell is how it started for me.

Interesting thanks. Nothing else has really popped up so will keep an eye out
P.U.T.U
AG
Test for my 2.5 year old daughter came back positive today and got it from her preschool teacher who tested positive last Wednesday. She was groggy on Saturday morning and after a nap has had zero symptoms. 6 year old no symptoms so far and wife and I are in our upper 30s with symptoms. Going to wait until tomorrow to get PCR test since that will be 5 days after exposure from someone with symptoms.

I barely have a sense of smell/taste to begin with after working on nitromethane cars growing up and allergies. But from what it seems you have NO sense of either if that is a symptom.
GeorgiAg
AG
I had tastes but zero smell.
SpringAg92
Newoldarmy said:

Hang in there!

I have lessening fatigue and weakness, but sore joints, especially shoulders and hips. Take Advil and Tylenol overlapping and rest when you can.

I'm six weeks out today and it still sucks. Did too much last weekend and barely made it home after work yesterday. But, every day is better so there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks Newoldarmy.

Sorry to hear you are still struggling, but happy to hear things are looking up.

Last Thursday and Friday really kicked my butt, but Monday and Tuesday were a bit better. Still just working half days this week.

Starting week 8. Taste is slowly returning, but still have no sense of smell.

Thanks for your reply - wishing you the best.

P.U.T.U
AG
Daughter still has not had any other symptoms and everyone else in the family tested negative. Proves to show young kids are poor carriers.

Edit: wife tested positive and my son and I are going back for nasal swabs today. We waited 5 days after contact for the first test which was saliva. Today would be day 7 from first exposure
cc_ag92
AG
I don't think one case proves that.

My 19 yo had it and none of us got it.

A 17 yo in the community had it and 18 other kids got it.

Neither one of those anecdotes actually proves anything.
Fan
S
P.U.T.U said:

Test for my 2.5 year old daughter came back positive today and got it from her preschool teacher who tested positive last Wednesday. She was groggy on Saturday morning and after a nap has had zero symptoms. 6 year old no symptoms so far and wife and I are in our upper 30s with symptoms. Going to wait until tomorrow to get PCR test since that will be 5 days after exposure from someone with symptoms.

I barely have a sense of smell/taste to begin with after working on nitromethane cars growing up and allergies. But from what it seems you have NO sense of either if that is a symptom.
I had absolutely no smell at all. I couldn't even smell Vick's! I could tell if something was salty or sweet, but I couldn't distinguish any flavors.
Counterpoint
AG
Fan said:

P.U.T.U said:

I had absolutely no smell at all. I couldn't even smell Vick's! I could tell if something was salty or sweet, but I couldn't distinguish any flavors.

How long did the loss of smell last?
Newoldarmy
AG
I couldn't smell even gasoline for about three weeks.
Counterpoint
AG
Newoldarmy said:

That seems like that would be the WEIRDEST sensation...to lose taste and smell without congestion causing it (like a cold does), But all the people who have had Covid talk about it so matter-of-factly!

Newoldarmy
AG
It's crazy. At one point making dinner I had a big pile of cut fresh garlic and put my face in it and could barely catch a whiff of something, but I couldn't have identified it as garlic without knowing. So, I could actually smell some difference with it almost touching my nose.

I remember very distinctly filling up my pickup and though I was standing alone I said out loud, "Holy ****, I smell gas!" That was a couple weeks ago now and I'm almost 7 weeks out.

On a better note, late this week was the first time I haven't fallen out after exertion. It looks like I'm past the "one good day, one bad day" part of this. Monday I had a relapse where I had the vertigo and fatigue and crashed for an hour around 5pm, but since then it's been good.

Before this I've always just gotten tired of being sick after a couple of days and just pushed through it by exercising and working. That method did not work at all with COVID, and I think was a serious detriment. In my experience and if I had to do it again, I'd just lay low for three weeks or so. I really think my stubbornness in trying to bull through this extended my illness substantially.
Counterpoint
AG
Newoldarmy said:

It's crazy. At one point making dinner I had a big pile of cut fresh garlic and put my face in it and could barely catch a whiff of something, but I couldn't have identified it as garlic without knowing. So, I could actually smell some difference with it almost touching my nose.

I remember very distinctly filling up my pickup and though I was standing alone I said out loud, "Holy ****, I smell gas!" That was a couple weeks ago now and I'm almost 7 weeks out.

On a better note, late this week was the first time I haven't fallen out after exertion. It looks like I'm past the "one good day, one bad day" part of this. Monday I had a relapse where I had the vertigo and fatigue and crashed for an hour around 5pm, but since then it's been good.

Before this I've always just gotten tired of being sick after a couple of days and just pushed through it by exercising and working. That method did not work at all with COVID, and I think was a serious detriment. In my experience and if I had to do it again, I'd just lay low for three weeks or so. I really think my stubbornness in trying to bull through this extended my illness substantially.
That is crazy! Glad you're on the mend.
88planoAg
AG
Counterpoint said:

Newoldarmy said:

That seems like that would be the WEIRDEST sensation...to lose taste and smell without congestion causing it (like a cold does), But all the people who have had Covid talk about it so matter-of-factly!

It is weird. I had minimal symptomatic case on 12/23, all symptoms except smell/taste resolved in a couple 3 days, never had fever. I still have very attenuated smell. Mornings are better, but it goes more than it comes. Or I can smell a whiff of something then it is gone, like being nose blind after awhile of being in the same room? Except it is immediately after that first whiff. I've told this story already on the board, but -

We returned from being away from the house and my husband found that the dog had an accident in the living room. Bad one, intestinal problem. I walked in 2nd and he had to tell me then show me the problem - never smelled a thing. Cleaned that up, monitored her the rest of the evening. When it was time for her to go to bed, she refused to get in her kennel. Neither of us knew why till we saw the blanket and the kennel floor were covered with the same problem. The kennel had been like that since the morning and neither one of us knew it. All day. Now I don't want anyone to come over because I have no idea how my house smells. And it has been 6 weeks since I was ill.

Someone posted a study that looked at how to retrain the olfactory nerve by using smells that would trigger different parts of the nerve; using eucalyptus, rose, lemon, and clove, smell each of those for 15 seconds 3x twice a day. Got those and we are doing that 2x/day. I can smell all but the rose in the morning. Nothing in the evening except faint clove.

Fan
S
Counterpoint said:

Fan said:

P.U.T.U said:

How long did the loss of smell last?
I would say I had nothing at all for a week, then it started coming back very slowly with strong smells. I don't feel like it's 100% yet (I got sick Christmas week), but it was a relief when it started to return. I never thought too much about how much I rely on smell until I couldn't! The strangest part of it was easily being able to breathe through my nose but not detecting any smells at all. It was a very different sensation than having a diminished sense of smell due to congestion.
SpringAg92
I'm in week 9. Most of my taste is back, but cannot smell anything.

My legs are getting stronger and I'm having fewer dizzy spells. Still quite tired.

Getting a little better each day.

Best to everyone who is on the road to recovery.
Counterpoint
AG
88planoAg said:

Counterpoint said:

Newoldarmy said:

It is weird. I had minimal symptomatic case on 12/23, all symptoms except smell/taste resolved in a couple 3 days, never had fever. I still have very attenuated smell. Mornings are better, but it goes more than it comes. Or I can smell a whiff of something then it is gone, like being nose blind after awhile of being in the same room? Except it is immediately after that first whiff. I've told this story already on the board, but -

We returned from being away from the house and my husband found that the dog had an accident in the living room. Bad one, intestinal problem. I walked in 2nd and he had to tell me then show me the problem - never smelled a thing. Cleaned that up, monitored her the rest of the evening. When it was time for her to go to bed, she refused to get in her kennel. Neither of us knew why till we saw the blanket and the kennel floor were covered with the same problem. The kennel had been like that since the morning and neither one of us knew it. All day. Now I don't want anyone to come over because I have no idea how my house smells. And it has been 6 weeks since I was ill.

Someone posted a study that looked at how to retrain the olfactory nerve by using smells that would trigger different parts of the nerve; using eucalyptus, rose, lemon, and clove, smell each of those for 15 seconds 3x twice a day. Got those and we are doing that 2x/day. I can smell all but the rose in the morning. Nothing in the evening except faint clove.

Wow, that is wild! Thanks for sharing. I sense a new entrepreneurial opportunity: Certified Covid-free house odor detectors.
Your Mom And Them
Got exposed over New Years at a family function. Went to work on Jan 4 and did my normal workout afterwards with no issues. When I pulled into the driveway at home after working out, I knew something was off. Began running fever that night. Tested positive the next morning. Wife and I just kind of figured that if I got it we might as well all get it. She tested positive four days later, our two sons tested positive three days after that and our daughter tested positive two days after that. My symptoms were fairly mild until around Day 9. I had low grade fever for about 4-5 days, big time fatigue, loss taste/smell around Day 3, no appetite but I was chugging water to stay hydrated (had a bad experience once with dehydration)...then Day 9 I had a bad cough and chest congestion. I knew that around Day 9-10 things can go bad and I thought I was heading that direction. Had some meds called in and I bounced back in less than 24 hours from those symptoms. I followed Rev's vitamin/supplement regimen for the most part. After two weeks, I was good enough to go back to work, but around 1:00-2:00 each afternoon I would just get really tired....which wasn't normal. The rest of the family had very mild symptoms: stuffy nose, headache, slight fatigue. We've all recovered and are pretty much back to normal. I got back into the gym this week and it was a rough start after being out for a month, but it felt good to get back into the routine. Honestly, I'd take COVID over full blown flu. The one time I had the flu, I thought I was going to die. It was horrible and I don't ever want to be that sick again.
P.U.T.U
AG
2.5 year old daughter is on day 10, other than one morning of being listless that is all of the symptoms.

Wife is on day 8, felt tired yesterday but nothing other than that. She had the first vaccine before she got it so that should have helped keep the symptoms minor
SpringAg92
I have posted on this thread a number of times regarding my Covid experience, but wanted to check in with those who may still be experiencing symptoms long after testing negative.

I was diagnosed Dec. 12th and had a moderate case. My fever was quite high and I had severe leg pain.

For a couple months I experienced extreme fatigue and muscle weakness (especially in my legs) For awhile it was even difficult to walk.

I am feeling much better now, though I still tire easily.

I recently started experiencing small muscle twitches throughout my body. Almost like an eye twitch when you are overly tired. Most of the twitches are in my lower extremities though they will occasionally pop up in my arms, a finger, etc.

During they day when I'm active I don't notice this as much, but in the evening it is driving me crazy. It's continuous.

I have a follow up with my primary care in a couple of weeks.

I started back to work part time a few weeks ago. I tried full days, but it was too much as I am on my feet all day.

Not sure if this is post Covid related, but I'm curious if any of you have experienced this?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.