Got Covid? Thread

43,268 Views | 303 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SpringAg92
hoosierAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stuck in the bedroom for day 5 now and thought I would see who else is with me or been there or whatever.

Day 1 (Sunday)- woke up feeling a little off and then very low fever. Quarantined to room to be safe. Temp got to 100.6 ( I run low) and that was only symptom besides a once in a blue moon dry cough that is common with allergies lately.

Day 2- Same temp situation and then no temp after 9:00 pm. Cough barely worse. Had called for test, because protocols at work don't let you go back until cleared.

Day 3- Still no temp, went for test and figured a waste of time as no symptoms. Got a stuffy little head like cold at night and slight temp came back with chills feverish feeling through the night.

Day 4- woke up no temp, slight temp (99.5 ish) off and on during the day. Got really stuffy before bed and then up from 2:00 am on with fever and aches.

Day 5- Got up to 101.5 after waking up and has hovered at around 100 all day. And a non stop headache for the most part. Positive PCR test confirmed.

That's it so far. No other symptoms. No idea how I could have gotten it. Only places I have been besides work (masked up, no close contacts whatsoever) is Barnes and Noble with my son and picking up fast food. All masked up and with no one but immediate family for the past 2 weeks or so Crazy.
Retired Principal
AG
Day 1-2. Extreme body aches/cough/no fever

Day 3-4: Some joint pain, but no severe body aches. Still have a cough. No fever

Day 5: Tired/Fatigue. Loss of smell. No fever. Not much of an appetite.

Day 6: Loss of taste. Not much of a cough and not much of an appetite.

BCOBQ98
AG

Day 1-2 tired, coughing

Day 3-4: Some joint pain, low fever 99.8 or under

Day 5 - 8 Tired/Fatigue. Loss of smell. No fever

Day 9/today Smell is now about 25% back, less tired and feel about 90% normal. Still minor headache but had that entire time.

I've been in the bedroom isolated the entire time so ready to get back into the world.
hoosierAG
AG
Days 6-8 pretty much the same. Low grade fever up to 99.8 and headaches and some tiredness and the normal meh feeling of being sick. No other symptoms, so very lucky and mild. Although 8 days of fever and headaches are getting old, Ive got nothing to complain about.
TXTransplant
Day -2: Lump in back of throat, like something was stuck. Thought it was allergies.
Day -1: Still had lump in throat and developed some "head stuffiness" that evening. Thought it was allergies and the fact that I had a mask on for longer than usual.
Day 0: Woke up with diminished smell and taste and had minor nasal congestion that was relieved by Sudafed.
Day 1: Complete loss of taste and smell plus minor nasal congestion that moves into my ears that night.
Day 2: Same as Day 1, but positive test.
Day 3 (today): Nasal congestion seems a little worse, and there is pressure in my ears. Still no taste or smell.

No other symptoms so far. My 10 days ends on Dec. 14.

It's a real chore to eat when you can't taste anything.

Almost 16 year old son lives with me and has had zero symptoms. I vacillate between wanting to isolate from him and wanting to go breathe in his face.

He won't be going back to school until Jan.
Post removed:
by user
AgTDub
AG
Only thing I have is loss of smell and taste. Started Friday. Went and got tested today.

This past Monday I guess I had "body aches" but I'm not sure if that's what it was or the fact that the day before I'd hiked several hilly miles with about a 50lb pack and lugged an almost 200lb Axis into the back of my truck. At the time I just chalked it up to being sore.

Not sure if I should count last Monday as Day 1 of symptoms or this past Friday.
A1_Ag_95
AG
I had what I thought was a cluster headache on Wednesday. Took migraine meds and it went away. Had start of one again on Thursday night, but caught early with migraine meds.

diarrhea Friday night. Felt fine Saturday morning and afternoon with what I normally get with high pollen counts of Cedar and Juniper, which we currently are having. Saturday night started to feel aches and feverish. Was not running one though.

This morning felt great after sleeping for almost 10 hours!! Did feel warmer than normal, slight headache. Had a very low grade fever of 99.1. Went to get tested since all symptoms put together points to CV. So starting my 10-14 days now.....
TXTransplant
AgTDub said:

Only thing I have is loss of smell and taste. Started Friday. Went and got tested today.

This past Monday I guess I had "body aches" but I'm not sure if that's what it was or the fact that the day before I'd hiked several hilly miles with about a 50lb pack and lugged an almost 200lb Axis into the back of my truck. At the time I just chalked it up to being sore.

Not sure if I should count last Monday as Day 1 of symptoms or this past Friday.

Clinic dr told me to count from the first day of reduced taste/smell, since that's an "official" symptom. Nurse at work also considers that my day 0 for the same reason.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
My niece (who is living with us) tested positive on November 22nd with a sore throat that disappeared by the time the test was administered.

We all quarantined after that, but could not bring ourselves to lock her in her room for that week of Thanksgiving. She served her 10 days and went back to school on December 1st and hasn't exhibited any symptoms since the day of the test.

All four of my family members got it during that time. My wife and I felt under the weather on Friday, the 27th. I recovered by the next morning, but my wife's crummy feeling lingered a few days.

My two boys woke up on Sunday the 29th with sore throats. We tried to get tested on Monday, but missed out due to excessive wait and ended up getting the test this past Tuesday. It was an easy mouth swab test. We all four tested positive.

My youngest son and I only had slight symptoms for a day. My oldest son had a bad sore throat for several days, but says he's "100%" today. My wife has complained of just feeling "achy" for most of the week, but no other symptoms. I think being cooped up in the house for two weeks has contributed the most to her discomfort. She will be able to go back to work on Tuesday. The boys (according to CSISD) have their quarantine end on Friday, so will be able to go back to school on Monday the 14th....just in time for finals.

All-in-all, all five members of my family has tested positive and none of us has felt any worse than a mild flu bug would have made us feel, and it was over fairly quickly for most of us.

The only medication we've taken during this time is Vitamin C pills, zinc, Advil and orange juice.
4the_Record
Greetings from the covid ward of the north Fulton hospital in Roswell GA.

I'm officially on day 12 this morning. I've been up since midnight lying on my stomach,, practicing my breathing trying to keep my O2 levels high during my now expected 2am difficulties. Right now I'm excited because O2 levels are 96 and holding and its past 3am.

Day 1 - 3
Low grade fever and fatigue
Body aches, loss of taste, fever and chills.
Thanksgiving wasn't much fun.
My wife got it 3 days before me, no idea from where
She tested positiv, I never tested .
Every tastes terrible and pretty stopped eating

Day 4 - 6
Fever chills go away
More fatigue
Coughing starts
Shortness of breath
At first its walking 2 flights of stairs
Then 1 flight, then walking across the room
Then talking about crossing the room would lead to coughing fit
Progressed very quickly

On day 6, wife did telehealth visit and she won a shiny new steroid puffer to help.
I did telehealth day 7, same result with an added cough med.

Q
Days 7-9
With puffer, wife gets rapidly better and she's singing by my day 8, her day 11. We figure I'm just 2 days behind

More to come shortly
4the_Record
So day 8 and 9, it goes back and forth during the day. Drinking protein shakes and food bars was all I could stand.

Ok during the day but in the evening and especially around 2am, breathing is tough.
Another telehealth call about whether I should go to hospital ends with "your talking, your fine"

Day 10-11
Morning was bad, got worse, made the call, literally...called 911 because we didn't know where to go our how to get there. We just moved here recently and there nothing published that's easy to find

Parametic gets me stable quick with oxygen...
Transports me to ED
They quickly do the work up, chest xrays, discussion
Definitely pneumonia but vital or not, I hadn't tested
But the safe assumption was viral due to wife's test

With 3 hours I've had a steroid by IV
Then ZPac. Then another antibiotics via IV
They took lots and lots of blood and then I got my first dose of Reminder (sp?) Antiviral
That was Saturday afternoon
Around 2am, my o2 levels crashed hard

They came in and put me on forced air vent 30ml at 80%. I stabilized and felt much better

Day 12... they've been talking to me all day about proning and coughing and getting my lungs in shape so they don't stick things down my throat. I'm highly motivated. I spent 8+ hours on my stomach, exercising...or blowing through this volume measure tube until I coughed up a storm

Great times

At 10.pm, the respiratory spec checked on me and I asked to go down from 75% ... she took me to 65% and said she'd check on me around mid night. O2 levels around 97 still so she dropped me to 55% with my agreement even though it worries me about 2am.

2am gets here, sure enough my O2 levels drop.
95,.to 93. To 90

I'm on my stomach power breathing, coughing fighting it for over an hour watching that number hover at 91. Long night but u win. Right now I'm at 97 taking a breath and letting my back relax
Goal is to be off the vent tomorrow when they give me the antibodies plasma in the morning

My thanks to all the docs, nurses and support staff making my recovery possible. I'll bring more updates if anything else interesting happens

50 year old male here. High blood pressure, slightly overweight. No other significant ailments
cc_ag92
AG
Wow. Keep fighting. Glad you made it to the hospital.
Keep us updated, please.
cc_ag92
AG
Oh 19yo daughter had it

Day 1 morning, at school in Denton: mild sore throat, thought it was reflux related, some body aches and cramps, thought they were related to the time of the month
Mid-afternoon: gastrointestinal issues; tightness in chest
5 pm: fever, every other symptom was worse
7 pm: tested positive with a rapid test
9 pm: back at our house and isolated in her room/bathroom

Days 2 - 8: no more tightness in chest; throat on fire, fever, fatigue, intense headaches

Days 9: no fever, still fatigued
Day 10: no fever, a little more awake
Day 11: rejoined us and had more energy

She's back to normal now. She never lost her sense of taste or smell. None of her close contacts got it.

It was worse than when she's had the flu, but she's had no lasting effects, other than a hit to her grade in one class because she didn't do well on an assignment.
TXTransplant
That is scary stuff. I truly hope you recover soon and have no long-lasting I'll effects.

The variety of symptoms and breadth of their intensity among various people simply fascinates me.

I've definitely had bouts with the common cold and the flu that were worse than what I'm experiencing with Covid. I was infected with a virus summer before last after a tick bite, and I definitely felt much worse during that illness than this one.

I'm not sure if I'm somewhat relieved by the fact that most people's symptoms are mild, or if I'm horrified by the fact that some people do get critically ill.

Like several others who have posted here, I have no idea where I might have caught this. Based on my timeline of symptoms, I can only figure I was exposed sometime between last Saturday (the Saturday after Thanksgiving) and that Monday, and the only two places I've been are to my small group fitness class and to work. No cases were reported to the fitness studio, and it's been determined that I'm not a close contact to any of the cases at work.
Muy
AG
4the_Record said:

So day 8 and 9, it goes back and forth during the day. Drinking protein shakes and food bars was all I could stand.

Ok during the day but in the evening and especially around 2am, breathing is tough.
Another telehealth call about whether I should go to hospital ends with "your talking, your fine"

Day 10-11
Morning was bad, got worse, made the call, literally...called 911 because we didn't know where to go our how to get there. We just moved here recently and there nothing published that's easy to find

Parametic gets me stable quick with oxygen...
Transports me to ED
They quickly do the work up, chest xrays, discussion
Definitely pneumonia but vital or not, I hadn't tested
But the safe assumption was viral due to wife's test

With 3 hours I've had a steroid by IV
Then ZPac. Then another antibiotics via IV
They took lots and lots of blood and then I got my first dose of Reminder (sp?) Antiviral
That was Saturday afternoon
Around 2am, my o2 levels crashed hard

They came in and put me on forced air vent 30ml at 80%. I stabilized and felt much better

Day 12... they've been talking to me all day about proning and coughing and getting my lungs in shape so they don't stick things down my throat. I'm highly motivated. I spent 8+ hours on my stomach, exercising...or blowing through this volume measure tube until I coughed up a storm

Great times

At 10.pm, the respiratory spec checked on me and I asked to go down from 75% ... she took me to 65% and said she'd check on me around mid night. O2 levels around 97 still so she dropped me to 55% with my agreement even though it worries me about 2am.

2am gets here, sure enough my O2 levels drop.
95,.to 93. To 90

I'm on my stomach power breathing, coughing fighting it for over an hour watching that number hover at 91. Long night but u win. Right now I'm at 97 taking a breath and letting my back relax
Goal is to be off the vent tomorrow when they give me the antibodies plasma in the morning

My thanks to all the docs, nurses and support staff making my recovery possible. I'll bring more updates if anything else interesting happens

50 year old male here. High blood pressure, slightly overweight. No other significant ailments

Good luck brother, my situation was more like yours including the hospital, but after 3-4 days I got a 102-103 fever for about 10 days which was brutal. I never got an anti-viral but been home 2 weeks and still sleep with oxygen.
BCOBQ98
AG
Sorry to hear guys! Get well. Makes me grateful that my case has been very minor.

Day 11+. I'm carefully rejoining the world. Still have some fatigue but not too bad. I have had two episodes of dizziness/vertigo this morning that I've never had before in my life.
4the_Record
Thanks guys

Been thinking about ordering an oxygen concentration unit for the home. This breathing stuff is brutal
B-1 83
AG
Tested negative, but still have slight fever, metallic taste in my mouth, and lethargic ("weak legs"). No headache, sore throat, or cough. Had this for 6 days.
AggieFlyboy
AG
I had it at the beginning of November.

Day 1 - Fever and Throat Tickle, RHR 55
Day 2 - Fever, Cough, Aches, Chills, Massive Headache, Fatigue, RHR 65
Day 3 - Fever, Fatigue, Cough, RHR 75
Day 4 - Fatigue, Loss of Smell, RHR 65
Day 5 - Fatigue, Loss of Smell, RHR 55
Day 6-10 - Same with RHR 50
Day 11 - Smell started to return

It took 3 weeks after I got symptoms for smell to fully return and fatigue to disappear. O2 never dropped below 95%

Odd thing my wife and kids never got it from me, I isolated when my symptoms first started as I had a known positive contact
HotardAg07
AG
I have a working theory that people who don't know where they caught it, but have been going to work and/or other public places while masked and socially distanced is that the culprit is public restrooms. We know the virus can be passed in stool and it's been shown that flushing toilets can aerosolize the virus. Aerosols have higher transmissibility than respiratory droplets and wouldn't be stopped by a mask.

It's just a theory anyways.
A1_Ag_95
AG
So when do I count the start for me?

Tuesday night major headaches almost like migraine.
Wednesday was start of another headache that I knocked out with migraine exedrin meds.
Thursday some head pressure like sinus and stuffy nose.
Friday night was only diarrhea.
Saturday after raking leaves had some itchy throat and nasal drip. That night is when it hit. Body aches, low grade fever, head pressure again. Slept for like 10 hours.
Sunday morning felt great but wife said I was warm. Temp was 100. Went to get tested and positive.

So does my day 1 start with the very painful headaches?
A1_Ag_95
AG
And disgusting!! But rational.
JR Ewingford
On day 2. 101 fever. Loss of taste and smell.
AggieAuditor
AG
HotardAg07 said:

I have a working theory that people who don't know where they caught it, but have been going to work and/or other public places while masked and socially distanced is that the culprit is public restrooms. We know the virus can be passed in stool and it's been shown that flushing toilets can aerosolize the virus. Aerosols have higher transmissibility than respiratory droplets and wouldn't be stopped by a mask.

Poop lockdown!
TXTransplant
Day 4 (Monday): Nasal congestion was even milder. Did not take any allergy meds after lunch. No ear discomfort. No change in taste/smell. I can still distinguish between sweet, salty, spicy, etc., but nothing has any flavor. Did a 45 min HIIT workout and went for a couple mile walk. One of my "close contacts" from 12/2 tested negative.

Day 5 (Today): It's early, but I work up pretty much feeling 100% from a physical standpoint. Still no taste/smell. I will see how the day progresses.

Edited to add: Smell seems to be trying to come back. I have some eucalyptus shower spray (similar smell to Vicks Vapo-Rub). I haven't been able to detect the eucalyptus smell since Thursday. I just sniffed it, and I can smell it. I also could smell almond extract and got a hint of vanilla when I smelled vanilla extract. My breakfast had absolutely no flavor, though. I will note that as my smell diminished on Thursday, the eucalyptus and almond extract smells were the last to disappear (I could smell them even when I couldn't smell other things).

As of last night, son still had no symptoms, but he's not up yet this morning.

I was never concerned about getting it and having a severe case, but this is even milder than I expected. For reference, I'm female, 42, normal/average weight, no underlying conditions. I've been taking Vitamin D every day for probably 7 years.
AggieFlyboy
AG
HotardAg07 said:

Harvard says that theory is likely full of...
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/how-risky-is-using-a-public-bathroom-during-the-pandemic-2020071420556
AgTDub
AG
Weird how our symptoms have paralleled. I just noticed I could slightly taste the Gatorade I had with lunch. Not 100% obviously. It tasted like really watered down Gatorade. I can slightly smell it too.

On the other hand, my wife just noticed her taste and smell was gone.
TXTransplant
Our symptoms are really similar!

I've eaten a few things today, and with each one, my taste feels like it's trying to come back. But the flavor sensation is so weak, that I usually can't detect it past the first or second bite/sip.

For example, my son made some homemade bread. I could definitely taste yeast in that first bite, but it was really faint. Subsequent bites didn't really have any flavor.

Things that are sweet, salty, or bitter also seem to be tasting even more sweet, salty, or bitter.

Kid still has no symptoms.
HotardAg07
AG
That article also says to wear glasses in the bathroom and disinfect your iphone after leaving the bathroom.
TXTransplant
Day 6: Taste is slightly improved. I detected a hint of cinnamon in my oatmeal and a slight chocolate flavor in my hot cocoa. What's strange is, like yesterday, after a few bites, what I can taste sort of diminishes.

Smell is partial - I can smell the eucalyptus spray but not my perfume.

Also, my nose is a little snotty this morning (sorry for the graphic description).
cc_ag92
AG
I appreciate your updates, even with the graphic description.
I hope you feel completely better soon!
TXTransplant
cc_ag92 said:

I appreciate your updates, even with the graphic description.
I hope you feel completely better soon!

Thanks! Honestly, I've felt fine this entire time. The nasal congestion is more of an annoyance than anything.

It's so strange to me that a perfectly healthy person has to isolate from the world for 10 days. But I am breathing out virus particles that could make someone else sick, so it's the right thing to do.

I said in another thread that this virus may end up changing our definition of "sick".

I also think we need to be told/educated about the minor cases just as much as we hear about the really severe cases. Not to minimize one or the other, but just so people have as much information as possible.
hoosierAG
AG
Days 9-10-pretty much the same still. Headache has gone away but fever continues. Goes away for a while and I feel great, than it comes back and I'm fatigued. Nights got to over 101 and kept me up and then gone and then 99s again. My only symptoms still, just wondering when this fever will go away.
cc_ag92
AG
I completely agree. It felt really weird to me when I had to stay home for 14 days because my daughter was sick, even stranger that I was masked and gloved up anytime I went to the doorway of her room. It's not something I could have ever imagined.

I think it's very important that people hear about the full range of illness that can occur. I appreciate you sharing and appreciate that you are taking it seriously and isolating from others who might have an illness on the other end of the spectrum.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.