Verified Doctor Tag

55,092 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MarathonAg12
WatchOle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Hey TexAgs,

We've created a new verified doctor tag to help you better understand the credentials of users posting here. The tag looks like this and appears next to a user's username above their post:

Please note: The discussion material posted on this forum or other forums on TexAgs is for general informational purposes only. The medical professionals posting on this forum, whether verified or not, are not providing specific medical advice and they are not creating a doctor-patient relationship. This forum should not be a substitute for seeking your own medical advice from your medical provider. The TexAgs terms of use apply to all forums and TexAgs is not responsible for any messages posted by its users.

If you are a doctor and would like to be verified for a tag, please email - through your work account - your username, full name, basic medical credentials, and Medical License Number or NPI to support_at_texags.com. We will review your request and get you setup.

Many thanks!

Brandon '95

Tailgate88
AG
Excellent idea Brandon!
agsalaska
AG
I like it.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
John Francis Donaghy
Great idea!
ramblin_ag02
AG
Going to be awesome to see how many internet "doctors" go dark after this
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CactusThomas
AG
I've forwarded my Holiday Inn receipt. I trust that should be sufficient.
agsalaska
AG
CactusThomas said:

I've forwarded my Holiday Inn receipt. I trust that should be sufficient.

Haha.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
KidDoc
tysker
AG
What about nurses and PAs? They're the ones on the front lines and doing the heavy lifting.
Keegan99
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Will there be a discount for first responders??
74OA
AG
Great idea.

Another good one, imo, is to give Doc Reveille temporary staff designation so we can easily find and read his posts by just hitting the "staff only" button. With 32 pages and thousands of posts to pick thru now, this would be a big help.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Hat tip to Keegan99 for the idea!
Palovic
Reminds me of the story of The Sneetches from Dr. Suess.

hph6203
AG
Why don't you just view their profile to see recent posts?
WatchOle
Staff
AG
74OA said:

Great idea.

Another good one, imo, is to give Doc Reveille temporary staff designation so we can easily find and read his posts by just hitting the "staff only" button. With 32 pages and thousands of posts to pick thru now, this would be a big help.
We've discussed this internally several times and, while it's a really good idea, there are a lot of complexities to getting it implemented. Let's see how the Dr tag works and go form there. Thanks!
74OA
AG
Ok. Will there be a "Doc Only" button so we could similarly cull thru to see just their posts?
74OA
AG
Brilliant. <slaps forehead> Thanks........
Dad
AG
Can we get a dunce tag too?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Good idea, but please verify credentials through Texas Medical Board or whatever state they're licensed in. Each Board will have their own website to verify, just in case y'all haven't already discussed doing that.

ETA: feel free to email me and I'm happy to help with that process. Lawyer who deals with tons of docs and other healthcare providers in front of the various licensing boards.
TelcoAg
AG
I don't understand why I haven't been tagged yet as I was both given my medical degree and ordained by the Universal Life Church.
Palovic
I am all for acknowledging the hard work of every person who is on the front lines during this Pandemic and there will be many heroes outside of just MD's who warrant our appreciation.

There will be much information shared on this forum from many posters with many who have good advice and many that have bad advice which has been the case from day one.

Let's be sure not to alienate people just because they are not MD's but may have wealth of knowledge related to topics like COVID-19 during times like this.

Just my thoughts
Athanasius
AG
Timely.
unimboti nkum
AG
i recommend a naughty nurse tag as well.
Soso nikinombiki maaki dii.
Pumpkinhead
AG
WatchOle said:

How about a 'Genius' tag, for posters who have been verified to be much smarter than the average poster?
Dad
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

WatchOle said:

How about a 'Genius' tag, for posters who have been verified to be much smarter than the average poster?
We could do a brown nose tag too.
JD Shellnut
AG
I can see it now.....Dr. MFBarnes MD, PHD at your service!
BreNayPop
AG
Will the doctor tag go away after this whole COVID deal dies down?

Thanks for any reply
ac04
hardest working man in healthcare
Sq 17
It has to be a Holiday Inn Express receipt
Harrison Wells
AG
Awesome
rfvgy12
AG
How about an economist tag?
“If one side is protesting racism, then the other side is counter protesting racism.” @thekellenmond
In response to pro Sul Ross statue protesters and fellow Aggies.
TRADUCTOR
As long a you give those with a doctorate of history etc a different tag I'm good with it.
Patentmike
AG
WatchOle said:

74OA said:

Great idea.

We've discussed this internally several times and, while it's a really good idea, there are a lot of complexities to getting it implemented. Let's see how the Dr tag works and go form there. Thanks!
I vote the troll tag come next. Gets linked to any sock or later alias of someone who gets a permaban or aggregates more than 12 days worth of bans in a 12 month period.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

lb sand
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.