Why in the world would Trev ever say this to a top coach?

21,355 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by TexasRebel
AngryAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Q: So what changed?

Schlossnagle: Trev came to me the day before the regional to have a conversation. He asked me if I was frustrated. I told him that I had some frustration with how slow the ballpark process was going and that it was tough to operate without a sport administrator, but I was committed to working through it. He then made a comment to me kind of comparing his situation of leaving his alma mater, Nebraska. He said to me, 'You know, Jim, if you ever don't feel like this is the place for you, that's OK, and it's OK to move on.' I was a little taken aback by that, and that was the moment that I began to think that maybe this wasn't going to work out. No one ever contacted me or my agent about a new contract for our staff, so I just decided to focus on getting our team to Omaha and winning.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article289608132.html
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Once a liar..
ChubbyHubby
Trying to be the victim like every POS snake in the grass in the world
RED AG 98
AG
Check the source. The FW media has very long history as a mouthpiece for tu. Known haters.
aggiebrad94
AG
His last two sentences show what a liar and scumbag he is. There is no way he first thought about leaving just before the Regional.
you moran
AG
And here comes the BS sip narrative/propaganda.
caleblyn
I should have read from the bottom-up. Had I read, "Star Telegram," first, I would have stopped.
Davenport9
One, I can see that being total BS, and maybe also that was Trev trying to gauge the rumors he had heard about him leaving, trying to see what he could work on, and I also find it hard to believe about the contracts when we know they've said he was gonna be the highest paid coach here and he didn't even show up to a meeting about the renovations.
rgag12
AG
Why in the world would you ever believe a word Schloss says?
LB12Diamond
AG
No one believed this. Move along.
caleblyn
Also, if JS wants to be somewhere else then by all means, move on. We want a coach that wants to be here.

However, if you leave, do it with integrity and professionalism.
scrimp
AG
Spin, spin, spin
Wabs
AG
LOL. That POS is STILL lying.
HTownMan87
Not sure if you know the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, they are basically an opinion piece new org. Very dishonest. I used to live in Dallas and saw a ton of anti A&M stories from them. They are very pro tu. Not sure who owns their paper, but the negative A&M stories are rampant.
Aggie Class of 2026
Was this before or after the night out at the swingers club?
trouble
AG
Because he's lying
Sean98
AG
If this happened I would guess it's more likely that we knew what he was doing, wanted him gone because of it, but didn't want to pay the buyout.
8e8Ag
AG
Saucenavel had complete leverage over us. At any time, if he didn't get his way, he had the full nuclear option. All he had to do was call his bud, CDC and click his heels together and magically have a new job. It could've never been a long term win for us and I doubt we could've ever totally pacified him.
LB12Diamond
AG
And who gives a ***** He's a narcissistic snake.
Ol Mase
AG
I started a thread the other day about Trev and said there had to have been something more to all of this between him and Schloss. I do not support or condone what Schloss did. But to think a move of this proportion happened without any wrong move on our end is pretty naive.
92_Ag
AG
The narrative gets glossier and more romantic as time goes on and they have time to sculpt it.

If any of it was true it would have been the lede when it all went down several days ago.
Marooned1994
The last sentence is total BS. The rest I can believe and I bet Trev was already suspicious of Schloss' intentions at that time. Frankly, I'm glad he called him out on it and with what's coming to light after the fact, it think we'll be better off in the long run.
Onionman
Ol Mase said:

I started a thread the other day about Trev and said there had to have been something more to all of this between him and Schloss. I do not support or condone what Schloss did. But to think a move of this proportion happened without any wrong move on our end is pretty naive.
I disagree. There might have been several mistakes made here but Schloss was leaving regardless of what happened here.
TxAg82
AG
Maybe some of our administration was aware of the grade A dousche this guy was and how poorly he treated the players and decided to push back on him. Maybe they cared about something other then just win at all costs. Probably not, but I'd like to think we have some adults in the room that called him out on his temper.
Shayboy3
S
If JS is moving his lips I believe he is lying.
All of this is so far fetched it isn't even funny anymore.
I hope and pray he never ever gets back to the championship game. It would serve him right.
wxguy95
AG
Marooned1994 said:

The last sentence is total BS. The rest I can believe and I bet Trev was already suspicious of Schloss' intentions at that time. Frankly, I'm glad he called him out on it and with what's coming to light after the fact, it think we'll be better off in the long run.

That's my bet as well. Trev knew when he asked the question that Schloss had already agreed to leave. Even the "It's OK to leave" part might have been to get Schloss to share he was leaving.
The 5200 Acres
AG
That is the narrative Schloss wanted to deliver at the press conference. But the brass wanted to rehabilitate his reputation nationally and convinced him to apologize the Zane and say that A&M gave him everything he asked for.

Schloss will say whatever he thinks will help him, truth be damned. Nothing he says can be believed without independent confirmation.
Kraft Punk
rgag12 said:

Why in the world would you ever believe a word Schloss says?

Bc op is a sip
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Ol Mase said:

Your post literally distills down to "I just can't imagine we didn't screw up", which is just….. sad.
dcg4403
AG
Such a crap article and clearly this is Texas trying to influence the narrative. Luckily the natl media isnt falling for it.

Post your comments directly to this "article" with the truths and facts to combat this total lie. We cannot let Schloss get away with this type of narrative. He had burned so many people. Everyone must take a stand!!
Aston 91
AG
If Trev doesn't refute it, we can assume that he said it. But for Benedict Arnoldnagle to claim that was the moment he started thinking about leaving is BS of the highest order.
Steph 92
AG
dcg4403 said:

Such a crap article and clearly this is Texas trying to influence the narrative. Luckily the natl media isnt falling for it.

Post your comments directly to this "article" with the truths and facts to combat this total lie. We cannot let Schloss get away with this type of narrative. He had burned so many people. Everyone must take a stand!!
Alberts needs to respond to this directly, assuming it is a bold-faced lie.
07ag
AG
According to that article the coach can't talk to the players after he takes a new job because of NCAA rules?

News to me
https://ts.la/eric59704
bonfarr
AG
Lies. Pretty much all insiders including Looch say Schloser started the process during the UGA series.
twk
AG
You guys that are dumping on Alberts are oblivious to the timeline. Schlosss apparently agreed to take the job in Austin, and started putting the word out in recruiting circles, three weeks prior to this conversation. Now, re-read that story with the knowledge that Albert's had heard those rumors.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.