Why in the world would Trev ever say this to a top coach?

21,626 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TexasRebel
Agsrback12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I did take his quote as if he was saying he was basically ushered out or felt that way.

He said he intended not to leave and that it hasn't changed in HIS mind. Maybe he felt like it changed in Trev's mind?
aggiebutterfly
AG
I thought he emphasized that part as well.

Still a narcissistic pos though.
dixichkn
AG
Hated to give that a click, but did…….the volume of lies in there is rather epic. A couple of those will go right up there with "I did not have sex with that woman" and "I loved Nicole, I would never harm her"
OKCAGS
I am pretty sure that rule gets broken a bunch. He is a snake for even using it as a defense of his treatment of his own players.
AgforAC
Here's the best part of how Schloss handled this. Maybe Trev said it, maybe he didn't. Nobody (short of sip propaganda) is gonna give an ounce of credibility.
Meximan
"Just before the regional..."

Oh you mean a couple weeks after you were already deep in discussions to leave YOU LYING SACK OF S###
LB12Diamond
AG
twk said:

You guys that are dumping on Alberts are oblivious to the timeline. Schlosss apparently agreed to take the job in Austin, and started putting the word out in recruiting circles, three weeks prior to this conversation. Now, re-read that story with the knowledge that Albert's had heard those rumors.

Great point, can't believe Schloss was stupid enough to state it to the press. The more that's comes out the more he's going to look like a fool.
you moran
AG
The art of lies, half-truths and spin. Got to rehabilitate his now exposed very low character and integrity.
missinAggieland
AG
The 5200 Acres said:

That is the narrative Schloss wanted to deliver at the press conference. But the brass wanted to rehabilitate his reputation nationally and convinced him to apologize the Zane and say that A&M gave him everything he asked for.

Schloss will say whatever he thinks will help him, truth be damned. Nothing he says can be believed without independent confirmation.

This.

Schloss is a proven liar.
Thunderstormr
AG
I'll admit that I completely misjudged Schlossnagle. I believed he was an honest man of great character. I was wrong and we should celebrate the fact that he can no longer influence our students. He is where he belongs.
Lance Uppercut
AG
First, this quote isn't that big of a deal. I'm not sure how that being what hurt his feelings would justify the way he left.

Second, if we're to believe the stories from the players, former players, recruits, coaches, media and even some posters...this is a guy that might tell the occasional self-serving tall tale. I've never seen this level of unanimous effort from that group of people in open forums to get the word out about a coach.

The coach was paid a significant salary (which no one would doubt he could have gotten raised if he'd negotiated with Alberts), had a good NIL budget, and had a school on board with a giant baseball facilities renovation (which Kendall Rogers noted is not something currently approved in Austin). There was no real reason for him to think he wouldn't be able to have a successful program at A&M. Even if the story is entirely true and Alberts said "if you can't be happy with all of that, what will make you happy?", I think he would have a point.

So do we believe the guy who answered Zane's question the way he did and left town less than a day later, or literally everybody else?

Muy
AG
I'm still trying to figure out what is so awful about what Trev said, even if it's true.
trouble
AG
There nothing wrong with it. We've got people who don't understand that the only thing that was going to make him happy was complete and total control. That's not the way it works.

Even if we had kept him happy this year, there would be new demands next year.
agent-maroon
AG
Muy said:

I'm still trying to figure out what is so awful about what Trev said, even if it's true.
Don't be so modest. You have figured it out and posted on another thread a moment ago. His feelings were hurt because Trev didn't worship him and his "god syndrome" (i.e. - he's a narcissist), so he's going to manufacture fantasy & lies to justify his actions.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
greg.w.h
AG

twk
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

First, this quote isn't that big of a deal. I'm not sure how that being what hurt his feelings would justify the way he left.

Second, if we're to believe the stories from the players, former players, recruits, coaches, media and even some posters...this is a guy that might tell the occasional self-serving tall tale. I've never seen this level of unanimous effort from that group of people in open forums to get the word out about a coach.

The coach was paid a significant salary (which no one would doubt he could have gotten raised if he'd negotiated with Alberts), had a good NIL budget, and had a school on board with a giant baseball facilities renovation (which Kendall Rogers noted is not something currently approved in Austin). There was no real reason for him to think he wouldn't be able to have a successful program at A&M. Even if the story is entirely true and Alberts said "if you can't be happy with all of that, what will make you happy?", I think he would have a point.

So do we believe the guy who answered Zane's question the way he did and left town less than a day later, or literally everybody else?

As noted above, Schloss's recounting of the discussion with Trev might be a verbatim rendition of what was said on May 31, but, if taken in the context of Trev having heard the rumors that Schloss had already agreed to take the t.u. job and was already recruiting for it, it's far from some kind of damning statement on Trev's part, and more of an inadvertent admission by Schloss that he was caught in the act, but kept on lying right to the very end.

If Trev was a lawyer cross examining Schloss on the stand, that's exactly the kind of stuff you would say to him before confronting the witness with evidence that he was lying about his intentions at the time.
Muy
AG
agent-maroon said:

Muy said:

Don't be so modest. You have figured it out and posted on another thread a moment ago. His feelings were hurt because Trev didn't worship him and his "god syndrome" (i.e. - he's a narcissist), so he's going to manufacture fantasy & lies to justify his actions.

I know, i can't stop consuming this stuff now and when i see Aggies acting so dramatic over a pretty common sense comment to someone who isn't happy I have to question them.

Perhaps Trev is a pragmatic person who simply believes we need to control the controllables. If we don't like something, instead of crying about it, we get to choose how to handle it. Schloss is a narcissistic whiner who is somehow convincing himself that he's now a martyr.
Frag
AG
POS is lying. However, on the off chance (0.000000000001%) he is not, Trev's reply is 100% professional and transparent.
Sean98
AG
Thunderstormr said:

I'll admit that I completely misjudged Schlossnagle. I believed he was an honest man of great character. I was wrong and we should celebrate the fact that he can no longer influence our students. He is where he belongs.
oh man, I'm sorry. You should have talked to any of us three years ago. I mean we didn't realize he was *this* bad, but we knew he wasn't honest.
1991sir
You know what this tells me… Trev don't put up with no bs…. That's my AD!
Macpappy99
AG
If this is indeed what happened, I really respect Trev. He had a high preforming employee who for all purposes was becoming a cancer in his department. Rather than catering to him, he gave it to him straight and suggested that he might be happier somewhere else.

We saw during the CWS that a functional athletic departmemt will have coaches who understand that what is good for one of them is good for all. That's why the Vols' coaches were there. Elko obviously understands this and that is why we saw him at so many baseball games. Hopefully, this will not only be the beginning of Aggie athletics rise to prominence, but also the start of sustained sucess across all sports.
annie88
AG
I don't think he did.

Only time will tell, but now what we've seen, I think he did us a favor, even if he did from what we're hearing from the players and the players parents and what we've seen with our own eyes.

And him saying he didn't think there was really any other way this could go down that was just a cap on and already miss handled and screwed up way to leave the university. Just about any other way that it could've been done would've been better.
annie88
AG
Thunderstormr said:

I'm a little surprised by this comment.

Did y'all not notice how rude and condescending he was at least 60% of the time in his interviews? I realize that some coaches can be totaled dicks and he did something right to get our team where it was this year, Sometimes that motivates players, but I really truly never liked his personality and I always felt he never really got A&M nor wanted to. The things he would complain about and get upset about just seemed very petty to me.

This isn't a nice thing for me to say, but he is a very unattractive man physically which isn't always a judge of anything, but it sure didn't help with his attitude. Now we know he's just as ugly on the inside as the outside.
LB12Diamond
AG
He was telling recruits to go to Texas with him. Thats much worse than being a cancer in the department.
BadAggie
AG
annie88 said:

Thunderstormr said:

I'm a little surprised by this comment.

Did y'all not notice how rude and condescending he was at least 60% of the time in his interviews? I realize that some coaches can be totaled dicks and he did something right to get our team where it was this year. Sometimes that motivates players, but I really truly never liked his personality and I always felt he never really got A&M nor wanted to. The things he would complain about and get upset about just seemed very petty to me.

This isn't a nice thing for me to say, but he is a very unattractive man physically which isn't always a judge of anything, but it sure didn't help with his attitude. Now we know he's just as ugly on the inside as the outside.

He literally complained about dance teams at baseball games.

Or saying it was hard to recruit at a great college town like College Station with our NIL.

Anyways this seems to be his MO, needle and pick pick pick.

I am glad he has removed himself from A&M, Austin is a fitting place for him.

BadAggie
AG
LB12Diamond said:

He was telling recruits to go to Texas with him. Thats much worse than being a cancer in the department.

This is the issue. I don't see the guy deciding to leave and having an agreement in place with sip for months and not engaging in activities to benefit sip.

The court of public opinion is what matters here, his reputation is already in tatters.

annie88
AG
Yes. He's just trying to shift the blame and make it seem like he wasn't planning to leave for months. Like he never even thought about it, but for this comment that was allegedly made.
annie88
AG
Quote:

He literally complained about dance teams at baseball games.

Or saying it was hard to recruit at a great college town like College Station with our NIL.

Anyways this seems to be his MO, needle and pick pick pick.

I am glad he has removed himself from A&M, Austin is a fitting place for him.
His obsession with the dance teams was bizarre. I thought it was because supposedly his daughter danced on one, but somebody mentioned that maybe he had an affair with the dance team member or coach I don't know. I wasn't crazy about them at the games initially, but I also didn't mind them. I always clap for them.

They're all beautiful girls, they have great figures they dance wonderfully, they represent Texas A&M well and it's just a few minutes here and there so in the end, it wasn't a big deal. It was just his obsession with it. That was odd.

And some people did not agree with him and they had a right to not agree with him. Now those that went overboard being disrespectful to the girls that's different, but he acted like people were scum of the earth for not thinking this maybe didnt fit in well at a baseball game for some.

If they come back next year, I have no problem with it.
MOAggieFan
Lying liars are going to lie. For desperate liars who get caught (and see the overwhelming negative reactions to those lies), the next set of lies will be even more pathetic and self-serving.
GeeBee
AG
Don't forget, the sips also saved the big 12 when we tried to blow it up.
ChubbyHubby
Is our AD going to deny these comments?
htxag09
AG
ChubbyHubby said:

Is our AD going to deny these comments?

The obsession Texags has for our leadership to reply to every single article, comment, rumor, etc is bizarre.

Not sure if you're aware, but our AD is a little busy. WGAF about these comments?
TexasRebel
AG
no reason to.

plus, too busy.
RED AG 98
AG
We commented. That it was beneath us to comment.

trailrunner
AG
I took this either as S BS or Trev knew what was going on and was calling him out on it. Who knows.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.