Why in the world would Trev ever say this to a top coach?

21,624 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TexasRebel
Fightin_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Doesn't matter if true or not.

Even if it was how would Schlos' behavior be reasonable or justified?
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
Just checking to make sure I have this correct.

1. Scholls said at his press conference he only began to consider Texas after CDC came to visit with him the day he got back from Omaha, and prior to that he was 100% all in and focused on his players.

2. Now he says that he began to think about moving on due to this meeting with Trev before the regional.
So he was thinking about moving on, he talks with his best friend CDC every week, we were about to host Texas in the regionals where they'd see each other, but he didn't talk about it with CDC at any point until he got back from Omaha.

3. Literally dozens of baseball folks were talking about him moving around the time of the Georgia series, which was a couple of weeks BEFORE his meeting with Trev? (and IMHO which is WHY Trev had the conversation with him..

--------

He says he met with a few players after landing back in College Station to let them know "this could happen."
But how did he know this "could happen" if he hadn't talked seriously to CDC yet?

and his press conference rant was after the game, which he claims was before he began talking seriously to CDC in College Station, so how did he suddenly know that this "could happen" between the conference and meeting CDC.

Perhaps a flight attendant told him to take the job. They can be mighty convincing.

-------
1. During his press conference he said A&M was tremendously supportive and gave him everything he needed to be successful. Just wanted to be in Austin with CDC.

2. During the season he kept raving about the support he and "his team" was getting from the 12th Man, fans, NIL, etc.

3. He was able to bring in several stud players to A&M specifically due to that support and NIL funding.

4. But now he's saying he was having a hard time recruiting players to A&M and College Station, especially black players, and maybe it's because we don't have enough NIL and because we don't let the dance team perform at baseball games?

The man needs to seriously take some time off, figure out what his bull**** story is going to be, have an editor fact check and continuity check it, and then get back to us. Jeez, at least TRY to do a better job of being a weasel.
ensign_beedrill
AG
jkag89 said:

75Strat said:

I think his goal all along was to get to tu.
Then why not take the job when Augie was let go then he wouldn't have to worry about Pierce? His name was bandied about with the other big names at the time. I guess you could argue he did not want to leave the talent that he had at TCU at the time but if your dream job is in Austin you probably should take it when it comes open.

Because Chris Del Conte was at TCU at the time. He followed CDC. It's not that Texas was his dream job but that CDC is his dream boss.
trailrunner
AG
A lot of high level coaches are narcissistic. They believe their own lies. Technically he might not be lying as I suspect it was his agent doing all the negotiations and he's just "talking to his agent." That's hard to believe though if CDC is really his good buddy. Now if some of the stuff about burner phones and active recruiting against his own program is true, that's a whole nother story.
BoerneGator
AG
trailrunner said:

A lot of high level coaches are narcissistic. They believe their own lies. Technically he might not be lying as I suspect it was his agent doing all the negotiations and he's just "talking to his agent." That's hard to believe though if CDC is really his good buddy. Now if some of the stuff about burner phones and active recruiting against his own program is true, that's a whole nother story.
Semantics. He cannot deny (truthfully) that he wasn't negotiating terms... that stretches credulity, not that it even matters. That's clear to anyone who cares about the truth in this drama.
LB12Diamond
AG
A Napoleon quote fits this thread.

"Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
Ag CPA
AG
After hearing from friends and family close to both programs this past week I am amazed that the hire didn't leak sooner, seems like it was an open secret that people on both sides were aware of, as well as some media, but agreed not to leak until someone caved on Monday.
jac4
AG
87_Was_Long_Ago said:

1. Scholls said at his press conference he only began to consider Texas after CDC came to visit with him the day he got back from Omaha, and prior to that he was 100% all in and focused on his players.

2. Now he says that he began to think about moving on due to this meeting with Trev before the regional.
So he was thinking about moving on, he talks with his best friend CDC every week, we were about to host Texas in the regionals where they'd see each other, but he didn't talk about it with CDC at any point until he got back from Omaha.

3. Literally dozens of baseball folks were talking about him moving around the time of the Georgia series, which was a couple of weeks BEFORE his meeting with Trev? (and IMHO which is WHY Trev had the conversation with him..

--------

He says he met with a few players after landing back in College Station to let them know "this could happen."
But how did he know this "could happen" if he hadn't talked seriously to CDC yet?

and his press conference rant was after the game, which he claims was before he began talking seriously to CDC in College Station, so how did he suddenly know that this "could happen" between the conference and meeting CDC.

Perhaps a flight attendant told him to take the job. They can be mighty convincing.

-------
1. During his press conference he said A&M was tremendously supportive and gave him everything he needed to be successful. Just wanted to be in Austin with CDC.

2. During the season he kept raving about the support he and "his team" was getting from the 12th Man, fans, NIL, etc.

3. He was able to bring in several stud players to A&M specifically due to that support and NIL funding.

4. But now he's saying he was having a hard time recruiting players to A&M and College Station, especially black players, and maybe it's because we don't have enough NIL and because we don't let the dance team perform at baseball games?

The man needs to seriously take some time off, figure out what his bull**** story is going to be, have an editor fact check and continuity check it, and then get back to us. Jeez, at least TRY to do a better job of being a weasel.

Since the news broke, I have thought that Schloss's own words will be what damages him the most.
The Porkchop Express
ChubbyHubby said:

It's so funny because all of the lies they are telling are with the intention of getting everyone to believe that he was not contacted by CDC until the day after the CWS which is the hardest lie of all of them to believe
This is absolutely the entire core of Schlossy going forward.

Everything he does from this point on began with the stupidest lie of all time.

That he was red-ass 100% Aggie pride all the way through the season, the regionals, and world series, lost a heart-breaker, stayed the night, flew home with the TV, gigged the crowd, went home, and hey, it's my pal from TCU at the door? Well golly, yes I do think this is a good time to talk about my next job. Who? The University of Texas? My current school's arch rival? Well it sounds sort of spur of the moment, but yeah! let's drive to Austin and sign a deal!
BadAggie
AG
jac4 said:

87_Was_Long_Ago said:

--------

-------

Since the news broke, I have thought that Schloss's own words will be what damages him the most.

That's been the case for the past week. I think he self inflicted irreparable damage to his reputation. When you have national sports media dumping on him all week for his very public duplicity and people outside college baseball thinking how he handled himself was shtty that's not going away.

Let's be clear that the resources we have put behind Aggie baseball aren't going alway. That's the aspect missed elsewhere with Lossnagle leaving, a large part of that success was funded with Aggie Bucks.

TexasRebel
AG
BadAggie said:

a large part of that success was funded with Aggie Bucks.

That's where my 19 cents went.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.