Why in the world would Trev ever say this to a top coach?

21,630 Views | 150 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by TexasRebel
Jaxson11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Schloss is such a ****ing liar.
Jim Rockford
This is all spin. He said it at the press conference. Nothing negative about TAMU. It was his relationship with the longhorn ad. Everything now on their end is damage control because it blew up in their face. Everyone is talking about what lying scumbags they are.
Al Bula
AG
lol when I see FWST

htxag09
AG
If Trev saw the way he was treating players and knew they were prepping to leave, and said this, absolutely more power to him.

But….I think schloss is just a ****ing liar. Dude doesn't even know what the truth is anymore. Web of lies…..
Showstopper
AG
There's two sides to every story. Almost every coach that leaves will say he was 100% committed, but Evil Mr. X [AD, President, main booster, whomever] was going behind my back, not supporting my vision, being the most unreasonable person despite my great performance, so I was literally forced to consider alternatives. Luckily the University of Sunshine and Rainbows showed me a wonderful land full of taint tickles and saved me from the unreasonable persecution I was enduring. And it definitely isn't because of the big bump in pay that I'm getting because although I never take less money, it's not about the money. It's the kids."

Yada yada yada.
JDay
That conversation may have happened, but I know for a fact Cain and Schloss were already preparing for a move to Austin a month ago.
BattleAg
If this were true (and I don't believe it is .. or if it is, we're not getting the full story) then it actually makes me think even worse of Schloss.

So he's telling us he's so ego-forward that one comment from TA turned him all around on A&M, pushed him to walk away from his team, all the potential and talent, the fans, and his "beloved" 12th man? All because a comment by our new AD made him feel unappreciated/butthurt?

It's been posted here often lately, college coaches are a rare breed. A rare, narcissistic, ego-driven breed.

(Pro coaches, too. I just didn't want to paint ALL coaches, especially amateurs, with that brush)
Shoefly!
AG
Marooned1994 said:

The last sentence is total BS. The rest I can believe and I bet Trev was already suspicious of Schloss' intentions at that time. Frankly, I'm glad he called him out on it and with what's coming to light after the fact, it think we'll be better off in the long run.

If Brauny and Billy new he was talking to CDC, don't you think our AD would know?
Marooned1994
Absolutely.
Jim Rockford
Schloss says it concerned him and we didn't reach out to him afterwards but never mentions that he didn't ask for a meeting or initiate a conversation to clarify or express his concern. Typical narcissist. His lack of character is someone else's fault.
Steph 92
AG
BattleAg said:

If this were true (and I don't believe it is .. or if it is, we're not getting the full story) then it actually makes me think even worse of Schloss.

So he's telling us he's so ego-forward that one comment from TA turned him all around on A&M, pushed him to walk away from his team, all the potential and talent, the fans, and his "beloved" 12th man? All because a comment by our new AD made him feel unappreciated/butthurt?

It's been posted here often lately, college coaches are a rare breed. A rare, narcissistic, ego-driven breed.

(Pro coaches, too. I just didn't want to paint ALL coaches, especially amateurs, with that brush)
He does come off as an ill-tempered child, doesn't he? Reminds me of Tom Herman.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Seems like most of the comments are that this is a fabrication. But we also seem to believe Schloss is a POS. Perhaps our new AD saw this and was happy to show him the door. I kind of hope that's the story.
BarnacleBill
AG
Not reading a word of that, but I guarantee he somehow makes himself out to be the victim in all this.
ChubbyHubby
Schloss is now in George level liar territory

Caesar4
AG
Haha, it's all Damage Control. He's such a slimeball.

If that was the situation, why didn't he mention anything of the sort (he could have even just alluded to difference of opinion with the A&M administration) when asked?

Instead of mentioning or alluding to that, he claimed the motivation for the move was his relationship with CDC.

And, even if some naive person were to believe him now...again, why is he coming out with that now (and contradicting what he previously said?)

Damage Control. Glad he's gone.
DallasArchAg05
AG
There is 0% chance that this conversation went down the way it was implied by the tu coach.

Death, taxes, and tu media spin. No matter who you plug in, it's always there. Thanks SEC for making us live with their circus again.
IslanderAg04
Dude has lied to his team, fan base, and his own family. He's a lying sack of **** trying to save his tarnished reputation. He's just not man enough to admit it. He didnt even tell the team he was ****ing leaving.
Steph 92
AG
twk said:

You guys that are dumping on Alberts are oblivious to the timeline. Schlosss apparently agreed to take the job in Austin, and started putting the word out in recruiting circles, three weeks prior to this conversation. Now, re-read that story with the knowledge that Albert's had heard those rumors.
Agreed.

Thank you putting it in context of timeline. This story sounds really good for Schloss if you are dumb enough to believe he hadn't already decided to head to Austin when Alberts said this, And, we all know that is BS.

If he said it, good for Alberts. Some of you are like battered woman, you are furious at the guy and are realizing what a POS liar he is, but you are still second guessing how we got here. GOOD RIDDANCE IS RIGHT!!!
Booner
The answer to the final question in the interview regarding the day of his resignation is priceless. He claims that he told a few players this "might" happen, then met with cdc for the cemetery rendezvous to negotiate & iron everything out, & then made the announcement. Right! Why would he be telling players about this monumental decision if it hadn't yet happened? & where are these players?? Who outside of Austin does he expect to believe this narrative?

ChubbyHubby
I don't think Schloss calculated the blow back in the media that has been happening, he is in total PR mode at this point
WestGalvestonAggie
It's a good story, and it might even be true, but why would anyone ever believe him? His reputation is pretty much destroyed. It's going to take a while before he gets that back again.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
tingyi0705
Nothing wrong for Trev to say that since he already knew schloss is POS
BadAggie
AG
ChubbyHubby said:

I don't think Schloss calculated the blow back in the media that has been happening, he is in total PR mode at this point

Correct. Unfortunately for him no amount of spin is going to put that genie back in the bottle

agent-maroon
AG
Posted this on another thread:

Liars lie. That's what they do. Schlossnozzle lies more than most.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Steph 92
AG
ChubbyHubby said:

Bingo!

IMO, the notecards and the apology at the presser are evidence their focus is to get all that sports media back in their back pocket.
DallasArchAg05
AG
I think you're right that he miscalculated the blowback. If he really loved the 12th Man the way he said he did then he should have understood what this would mean to us. Hopefully all the PR work is distracting him from recruiting. We all know what a narcissist he is, so having his name dragged through the mud must be eating at him. At least I hope that it is.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
the interview was pre-staged with schloss having completely prepared responses, ie. LIES to make himself look better and soften the PR blow.
BadAggie
AG
Lossnagle *****es and whines a lot.

Oh the expansion project didn't happen overnight

Oh we don't have dancers or the right dancers or whatever

Oh it's real hard to recruit players to come to College Station

And so on

TexasRebel
AG
Let's use logic.

He just moved to a ****hole venue with no plans or approval to change.
Oscar Diggs
AG
ChubbyHubby said:

I think sips as a whole were taken aback by the blowback. They are so arrogant that they thought just saying POS left for Texas would be acceptable to everyone, see Mac Engel article. They have been crawfishing since day 1, surprised it took this long for an article like this to surface.
BadAggie
AG
DallasArchAg05 said:

I think you're right that he miscalculated the blowback. If he really loved the 12th Man the way he said he did then he should have understood what this would mean to us. Hopefully all the PR work is distracting him from recruiting. We all know what a narcissist he is, so having his name dragged through the mud must be eating at him. At least I hope that it is.

So we pile on. Gonna have to negative recruit on him anyways. Really need some more stories about what an ******* he is. And that swinger stuff is weird

DallasArchAg05
AG
This is one thing I don't get. Our stadium situation is much better than theirs currently. Now, maybe they have plans to rebuild entirely, but their current place is a dump.

But one thing is for certain, tu will never have the atmosphere that he had at Olsen.
BadAggie
AG
TexasRebel said:

Let's use logic.

He just moved to a ****hole venue with no plans or approval to change.

Yep, though I guess this is his way to start to whine in Austin about that

agent-maroon
AG
Oscar Diggs said:

ChubbyHubby said:

I think sips as a whole were taken aback by the blowback. They are so arrogant and narcissistic that they thought just saying POS left for Texas would be acceptable to everyone, see Mac Engel article. They have been crawfishing since day 1, surprised it took this long for an article like this to surface.
FIFY
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChubbyHubby
It's so funny because all of the lies they are telling are with the intention of getting everyone to believe that he was not contacted by CDC until the day after the CWS which is the hardest lie of all of them to believe

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.