7 thoughts from an insider

32,349 Views | 127 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by 87_Was_Long_Ago
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spouses have affairs all the time in marriages they should not. They have the affairs just bc of the person they are.

Schloss is not leaving bc of anything A&M did or did not do. He starts talking to CDC when he's ranked number 1 in the nation. He had everything here to have success and was doing just that.

But he has an affair bc of the person he is with our main rival and handled everything just like a cheating spouse does.

Everyone is seeing his true colors now.
90ags
  • CDC played a larger role in this as he's Schloss's friend and drinking companion.
  • Jimbo leaving a proverbial financial hole where Trev started slash/cutting and upset Schloss (lost friends in the dept who were rallying for his stadium cause and ally).
  • Schloss complaining wkly about attendance and stadium size as compared to other programs was a tell that no one paid attn too (I did as got tired of it quickly, but laughed listening to his interviews w Texags and just how asleep they were and just accepted his complaints).
  • Schloss calling out traditions on several levels (always has)...as either you accept it or you don't.
  • He's a baseball coach, but wanted grand things and we didn't respond fast enough and tapping the spend spigot for him to stay

Posted this article a few weeks ago and needs to be read completely with what has happened (not all bad, but lots of tells ).

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3464599/replies/67729470

Quote:

"They don't get to dance at football games, which I think is idiotic," Schlossnagle said. "That's just old Aggie thinking. ... The first year, with some people you would have thought I changed the school colors to burnt orange. The repercussions were the craziest thing I've ever experienced."
Quote:

"Traditions are awesome, but traditional thinking is not awesome," he said. "We've worked hard to try and find that blend of honoring A&M and everything that it is and its core traditions. But at the same time, we're making our game and our program attractive to a 15-year-old because that's who we're recruiting."
Quote:

"I didn't need this job. I had a great job," Schlossnagle said. "To be honest with you, TCU's program was ahead of Texas A&M's program. I didn't leave for a better job. I left for a different job."
Quote:

"That's like nuclear stuff," he said. "But there isn't a moment in my day where I think about what Texas is doing. I think if you go look at general society today with social media, everybody does the comparison game. And A&M and Texas have been doing the comparison game for a couple hundred years."

Still, he offers one measuring stick of his own to help his cause.
"[Texas'] Disch-Falk holds more fans, and that shouldn't be the case," he said.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
HDeathstar
NotalentAG said:

We should never have a head coach in any sport that says or tweets "Y'all Aggies" in their 3rd year. In hindsight, that is a very telling tweet. We should have known and the deal was probably already done at that time.
This. That was sips say.
Flavius Agximus
AG
Two thoughts:

What difference does it make what race the players are ? College baseball seems to be mostly white, basketball and football more mixed. It is what it is. The relative lack of black players didn't seem to hold us back in success, so I don't get the complaint and I doubt it was motivated by douchnagle's DEI concerns.

Second, knowing what we know now, his obsession with the dance team performing at baseball games is a reflection of his own "wandering eye." Not any concern about recruiting players. I'm not opposed to having the dance team but his desire related more to his "desires" than anything else.

Buford T. Justice
AG
Exactly. He's a self absorbed narcissist that behaves like a five year old. Give me this, give that, no? Well I'll Pitch a fit.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
ToddyHill
AG
Quote:

College baseball seems to be mostly white,
It's that way in MLB as well. In 1971, the Pittsburgh Pirates has 13 Black and Latino players on their roster. Today, 7% of the MLB rosters are composed of Black players.
BadAggie
AG
Lol, Lossnagle's complaints were:

Well he picks up a "Battalion"
Just to see what's going on
But all he finds to read about
Is what we're doin' wrong
"This school's too damn conservative!"
I guess they want us to be
Like all the hippies down in Austin
Wearin' orange and sippin' tea.

Upperdeck Critic
Aggies will find out about the new AD, Alberts, with the next Coaching hire.
This will say much about Alberts in many ways.
I guess it is time to pony up money for a baseball coach for another Omaha trip and better outcome.
Anonymous Source
S
wareagle044 said:

Who is Chris Park?
Former Director of External Operations and the administrator over baseball. Basically, Schloss' boss. Chris was damn good at his job, but was fired in Trev Alberts' cost-cutting moves.
Gig 'Em
Crispin Torque
LB12Diamond said:

Spouses have affairs all the time in marriages they should not. They have the affairs just bc of the person they are.

Schloss is not leaving bc of anything A&M did or did not do. He starts talking to CDC when he's ranked number 1 in the nation. He had everything here to have success and was doing just that.

But he has an affair bc of the person he is with our main rival and handled everything just like a cheating spouse does.

I agree, he left because he didnt like it here/wanted to go to Austin. There will be a lot of coaches interested in replacing him, because this is still a great job and its been proven that you can win here.

Im also in wait and see mode on Alberts. There is a balance that has to be struck, but I dont think that the baseball coach should be calling shots within the AD. I dont know how the Park stuff went down, but if he was a baseball staffer and one of his major accomplishments was a George Strait concert at Kyle Field then that gets a massive shrug from me.
BadAggie
AG
Crispin Torque said:

LB12Diamond said:

I agree, he left because he didnt like it here/wanted to go to Austin. There will be a lot of coaches interested in replacing him, because this is still a great job and its been proven that you can win here.

Im also in wait and see mode on Alberts. There is a balance that has to be struck, but I dont think that the baseball coach should be calling shots within the AD. I dont know how the Park stuff went down, but if he was a baseball staffer and one of his major accomplishments was a George Strait concert at Kyle Field then that gets a massive shrug from me.

Yep. Lossnagle hasn't actually won a championship, maybe due to worrying about dumb shtt.
Wolfpac 08
AG
The more I've listened to his post-game answer to Zane's question, the more I realized it was a statement from him to the AD. He was saying that he gave up everything to come here and this is where he wanted to end his career, but he didn't feel like the commitment was reciprocated based on decision that were made (Park, the stadium, etc).

With that answer, he was cryptically trying to shift blame and say "I wanted to be here and you drove me away" - and I think he'll say it straight-up at today's presser.

It's typical behavior from someone like this to know what they're doing is ****ty and try to shift the blame to someone else so they don't feel so bad.

It was a slimy move and he's a slimy dude
"DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON THE WOLFPACK...OR YOU MIGHT WIND UP IN A BODY BAG!!!"
Dr Lane Trowlan
mulch said:

Why did Schloss leave?

Insider's perspective:
[ol]
  • He never liked the culture. He couldn't wrap his head around why people were freaking out about dancers on the dugouts. He felt he had a really hard time recruiting black players.
  • Once Jimbo was fired, word got around the buyout had to come from somewhere and it could be the baseball project. He never felt secure about the project.
  • Bjork hired him and then left.
  • Trevor Alberts fired senior staff including his baseball sport supervisor Chris Park. Why didn't they keep him on through the post season run? That tweet Schloss put out about the George Straight concert was rather telling. This was the tipping point. If baseball was important to the university, why let your guy go during the season? Trev BOTCHED this.
  • The decision to fire Childress was made before the second weekend of baseball in 2021 and Schloss was already the guy. This deal was all but done in April a week after the Texas loss to UTRGV. These deals are done long in the future.
  • Schloss' relationship with CDC cannot be underestimated. They talk on a weekly basis.
  • This could have been leaked the week after the regionals but Schloss lied about it to close people to protect himself. People close to him started asking questions since O'Connor got his extension and UT didn't hire Jay Johnson after LSU's regional loss. Schloss was ALWAYS their guy.
  • [/ol]

Run The Damn Ball
    Shoefly!
    AG
    Jugstore Cowboy said:

The more I waste time thinking about it, and looking at Schloss's resume, I think what a lot of the OP adds up to is that Schloss's background was at small schools where there just weren't so many voices and opinions on baseball operations.

But I'm sure he'll find things to be totally different at Austin....

Yes he will have full control of sip budget. He will tell the queer chancellor wearing the dress and bozo the cdc clown wats up! He'll never have any pressure from big cigar sips.
    jmfshr
    AG
    I think you're spot-on about the 'culture' angle. Ags don't want to admit it but, to many people, the school does have an image problem. I don't know Schloss, but he may just be a big-city, tea-sippin', wine bar kind of guy who fits in better in Austin than College Station.
    giveemhell
    Everything you need to know about the guy's mindset is contained in this 20-second clip. Sounds like a guy who just wanted out.
    zafzo
    TAMUallen said:

Bottom line, Schloss is a liar
    When you are about to switch jobs and things aren't finalized and someone at your current gig asks you if you are leaving, what do you say?

Do you say, "Yes, I'm leaving!" despite the contracts not being signed yet? Or do you lie in the event that the new gig falls through?
    FriskyGardenGnome
    AG
    zafzo said:

TAMUallen said:

When you are about to switch jobs and things aren't finalized and someone at your current gig asks you if you are leaving, what do you say?

Do you say, "Yes, I'm leaving!" despite the contracts not being signed yet? Or do you lie in the event that the new gig falls through?
    Don't forget the increasingly popular option C: Belittle them for asking the question. Pretend to be insulted that anyone would dare to question your loyalty to the company and fellow employees. Lie about staying while remaining insulted. Go back to the questioner, and (in front of his peers) burn the bridge. Leave.

The gig was a done deal, and he was not hedging.
    jrdaustin
    AG
    Jugstore Cowboy said:

The more I waste time thinking about it, and looking at Schloss's resume, I think what a lot of the OP adds up to is that Schloss's background was at small schools where there just weren't so many voices and opinions on baseball operations.

Looking at it from this perspective, there is a significant chance this tu move will be the same for Schloss that the defection to Kentucky was for Gillespie.

He's going to an even bigger microscope and whimsical fanbase in Austin. If he struggles at all, the fanbase will turn on him in a second, and the hot seat will warm up. And I'm not sure CDC will be able to fully insulate him from big money meddlers in the tu sphere as well.

Hope he's ready for it. (Not)
    czar_iv
    AG
    FriskyGardenGnome said:

zafzo said:

TAMUallen said:

Don't forget the increasingly popular option C: Belittle them for asking the question. Pretend to be insulted that anyone would dare to question your loyalty to the company and fellow employees. Lie about staying while remaining insulted. Go back to the questioner, and (in front of his peers) burn the bridge. Leave.

The gig was a done deal, and he was not hedging.
    That is what low character people do when they are forced to take responsibility for their actions. They blame everyone but the man in the mirror.
    "Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
    BadAggie
    AG
    jrdaustin said:

Jugstore Cowboy said:

Looking at it from this perspective, there is a significant chance this tu move will be the same for Schloss that the defection to Kentucky was for Gillespie.

He's going to an even bigger microscope and whimsical fanbase in Austin. If he struggles at all, the fanbase will turn on him in a second, and the hot seat will warm up. And I'm not sure CDC will be able to fully insulate him from big money meddlers in the tu sphere as well.

Hope he's ready for it. (Not)

Not to mention he hasn't been able to actually win a CWS.

Not gonna pretend that I was not fine with him being the coach and this year's performance overall up until yesterday, but it's not like the guy was winning titles left and right at TCU or here.

Also his tenure here overlapped with NIL. NIL is the ace recruiter now, what matters is coaches who can win.

Find the hungry coach who wants to win to replace Lossnagle and build around him. That's what Tennessee did.

fightintxaggie10
    AG
    How can anyone fault Schloss for thinking these things about the dancers and about the staffer being let go without his prior notification? WTF is this university doing? If we continue to live in the past (ex: oh no hot girls dancing on the dugouts adding to the atmosphere) and we don't ensure our AD works FOR OUR COACHES we are going to reap what we sow for eternity. We aren't the same school we used to be. We have a chance to be elite, some of the old Ags need to get over their inferiority complex as well. This isn't your dad's A&M. If we fail it's on the university not because Texas is just too good or has too much money. The playing field has never been more level. And it is level.
    BadAggie
    AG
    fightintxaggie10 said:

How can anyone fault Schloss for thinking these things about the dancers and about the staffer being let go without his prior notification? WTF is this university doing? If we continue to live in the past (ex: oh no hot girls dancing on the dugouts adding to the atmosphere) and we don't ensure our AD works FOR OUR COACHES we are going to reap what we sow for eternity. We aren't the same school we used to be. We have a chance to be elite, some of the old Ags need to get over their inferiority complex as well. This isn't your dad's A&M. If we fail it's on the university not because Texas is just too good or has too much money. The playing field has never been more level. And it is level.

There are literally 25,000+ women between the ages of 18-22 in College Station.

If it's dumb, antiquated to not have a dance team at baseball games it is just as stupid to fixate on this as a major issue

SonOf_an_Ag
    AG
    Agreed, but that requires new leadership and a new vision with competing interests on the same page. Those things are hard. Especially when you have such a large diverse donor base, almost to the point of political messaging.

We need a new coach who comes in and says here are some changes we need to make. And then an AD who also says this is modern athletics and this is what we are going to do for the new coaches vision.

There has to be an ass personality that we can hire that says it is my personal mission to keep this program where it is at. It is also my mission to out work the d#$#noggles up the road in austin. Who is with me? All alumni give me a $100 now and a $100 next year when you see results..........
    SonOf_an_Ag
    AG
    BadAggie said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

If it's dumb, antiquated to not have a dance team at baseball games it is just as stupid to fixate on this as a major issue

Context and Awareness bro. What you think is ok good enough is not what 16-20 year olds we are recruiting thinks is ok.

We have to give the kids what they want including vehicles, dancers and money, lots and lots of money......
    greg.w.h
    AG
    Buck Turgidson said:

In hindsight, Schlossnagle looks like a more successful Mark Turgeon.
    If Mark made the final four his first season at A&M like Schloss did, he might have left sooner.

To the OP…why is Schloss celebrating Festivus in late June???
    Who?mikejones!
    SonOf_an_Ag said:

BadAggie said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Context and Awareness bro. What you think is ok good enough is not what 16-20 year olds we are recruiting thinks is ok.

We have to give the kids what they want including vehicles, dancers and money, lots and lots of money......

Yeah, no. I'd rather be the worst team in all of sports than sell our university's soul to the alter of 16-18 year old and dirty old mens fantastical desires.

Screw that.
    rsf0626
    i honestly dont see anything more to this than him wanting to work with his BFF.

With that being said, he put on a magnificent display on what not to do in this kind of situation. Actually shocking that someone who's been coaching for as long as he has handled it the way he did without an ounce of professionalism.

Really shows the kind of person he is
    TAMUallen
    AG
    giveemhell said:

Everything you need to know about the guy's mindset is contained in this 20-second clip. Sounds like a guy who just wanted out.

The dance team thing was bad bull and I do hope the Ags who did it have learned
    AgBandsman
    AG
    Who cares if we have an image problem? We have one of the biggest student bodies in the country, have no problem filling a 108,000 capacity football stadium and have a wealthy athletics program. The only people whining about image are too worried about what people that will never like this university have to say about it.
    SonOf_an_Ag
    AG
    Agthatbuilds said:

SonOf_an_Ag said:

BadAggie said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Yeah, no. I'd rather be the worst team in all of sports than sell our university's soul to the alter of 16-18 year old and dirty old mens fantastical desires.

Screw that.

Being hip and cool is not selling anyone's soul.... the world has changed a bit since the trip to junction.

Although now that I think about it, Mike Norvell at FSU takes his football team on an out of town trip to Jacksonville and has a hell week kind of thing during pre-season and the kids respond and love it....
    Who?mikejones!
    Did you see the atmosphere Olsen had during the regionals and supers?

Please tell me how dancing girls on the dugout would have contributed and not taken away.

I'm not not trying to be hip or cool. I just want whatever we do to mean something and not be a cheap sell out to some egotistical coach or nil athlete who cares little about the thing that remains.
    BadAggie
    AG
    AgBandsman said:

Who cares if we have an image problem? We have one of the biggest student bodies in the country, have no problem filling a 108,000 capacity football stadium and have a wealthy athletics program. The only people whining about image are too worried about what people that will never like this university have to say about it.

Absolutely.

TexasAggie81
    ToddyHill said:

Quote:

College baseball seems to be mostly white,
    It's that way in MLB as well. In 1971, the Pittsburgh Pirates has 13 Black and Latino players on their roster. Today, 7% of the MLB rosters are composed of Black players.
    The overall diversity of MLB rosters? 40.5% of the players on rosters are men of color.
    JFABNRGR
    AG
    I can't believe some of these threads are trying to imply hot girls on the dugouts is justifying him leaving and the way he left.

What do yall want rainbows and drag queens instead, because thats what he left for.
    “You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
    - Alexander Solzhenitsyn

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.