Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M's surging baseball team wants to be a national powerhouse

7,602 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by ccatag
90ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/texas-a-m-s-surging-baseball-team-wants-to-be-a-national-powerhouse/ar-BB1ngQsx?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=f3e758e677fa41a482f8d1313301a78d&ei=25

Football related as Schloss thinks some things need to change...like having Aggie Dancers at baseball games since apparently some staunch old Ags don't want them at football games or something...and loud and current music.

Quote:

But Schlossnagle isn't afraid to try to jolt the Aggies into a new era, either. Take, for instance, his decision to invite the championship-caliber Aggie Dance Team to perform at baseball games since the all-male Yell Leaders roam the sidelines at Kyle Field.

"They don't get to dance at football games, which I think is idiotic," Schlossnagle said. "That's just old Aggie thinking. ... The first year, with some people you would have thought I changed the school colors to burnt orange. The repercussions were the craziest thing I've ever experienced."

If it improves the game-day experience, Schlossnagle isn't afraid to take the heat. And he'd prefer it if the music was loud. And current.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Divining Rod
Quote:

And he'd prefer it if the music was loud. And current.

so a big fan of the Kyle DJ I presume....
PaulsBunions
AG
I wouldn't mind the DJ playing music other than their current 8 song rotation
NyAggie
AG
I agree with Schloss
Funky Winkerbean
AG
He needs to tread lightly going into that arena.
AgDotCom
Yeah, and new trendy, flashy uniforms too like all the teams who dominated college football over the last 20 years wore.

If you aren't changing with the times, you're being left behind. Destroying your opponents on the field only goes so far.
TX_Aggie37
AG
AgDotCom said:

Yeah, and new trendy, flashy uniforms too like all the teams who dominated college football over the last 20 years wore.

If you aren't changing with the times, you're being left behind. Destroying your opponents on the field only goes so far.
The trick is cultivating an environment that the players want to play in and fans want to be a part of without destroying the history and tradition around the program and what makes the atmosphere unique. It's a difficult task. I haven't been to a football game at Kyle since Bama 2021, but that particular environment was obviously incredible. It's been even longer since I was at a baseball game, but on TV it looks great as is.

The folks that hate having a DJ have a big dump in their pants.
warrington74
AG
How has he not gotten destroyed on the zoo yet. Surprised the zoo members are not asking for his resignation.
WoMD
PaulsBunions said:

I wouldn't mind the DJ playing music other than their current 8 song rotation

More Careless Whisper please. Thanks!
Stinky T
AG
He can do whatever the hell he wants as long as we are a perennial fixture in Omaha and win it all every once in a while. Hell I will get out there and give you all a little dance for that
Flashdiaz
AG
Stinky T said:

Hell I will get out there and give you all a little dance for that
No thanks. That's what the yell leaders are for.
dabo man
AG
Schloss is an elite baseball coach, and we're lucky to have him.

However, it doesn't mean he knows anything about game day atmosphere. Why does he care about the dance team? He had them dancing at TCU games too... because his daughter was on the team. He's taken a personal issue, his daughter's love of the dance team, and implemented it at Olsen Field. IMO it's completely out of place at a baseball game. I go to the ballpark, in part, for the peace and quiet (outside of the crowd noise).

Again, not important when you consider how good he is as a coach, but let's call a spade a spade. You don't have to agree with anyone 100% of the time.
Divining Rod
TX_Aggie37 said:

.....I haven't been to a football game at Kyle since Bama 2021, but that particular environment was obviously incredible.....

then maybe you should sit this one out, junior. you mean to tell me a night game against #1 team and fierce rival with Aggies playing great was an incredible atmosphere????

you don't SAY!!

hilarious when infrequent game goers weigh in on particulars of our game day atmosphee.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
I think Schloss wants to sell Blue Bell as this rowdy and loud environment that is fun to play for and intimidating to play at. Dance team, music, bubbles, crazy fans all serve the home team while dysregulating the away team as they are not accustomed to the noise and environment.

I think Kyle is really good environment with the DJ. I do believe there can be some improvement to the game day presentation in terms of kick off, when and what the DJ plays, and an overall better presentation. The old days of just the band playing are over.
12mn95
AG
"Traditions are awesome, but traditional thinking is not awesome," he said. "We've worked hard to try and find that blend of honoring A&M and everything that it is and its core traditions. But at the same time, we're making our game and our program attractive to a 15-year-old because that's who we're recruiting."

That last statement from Schloss is why you need to keep updating things and not be so closed minded to changes...

we might not like all the changes but you need to make the atmosphere attractive to the kids who actually play the game.
The Zookeeper
AG
warrington74 said:

How has he not gotten destroyed on the zoo yet. Surprised the zoo members are not asking for his resignation.
Enzomatic
12mn95 said:

"Traditions are awesome, but traditional thinking is not awesome," he said. "We've worked hard to try and find that blend of honoring A&M and everything that it is and its core traditions. But at the same time, we're making our game and our program attractive to a 15-year-old because that's who we're recruiting."

That last statement from Schloss is why you need to keep updating things and not be so closed minded to changes...

we might not like all the changes but you need to make the atmosphere attractive to the kids who actually play the game.

Need more pimp sticks and free haircuts.

Oh, and large trucks of cash.
TAMU74
AG
Aggie Dancers I'm good with, but the trash music played at the football games...hell no!!
12mn95
AG
you got me at large trucks of cash...you could play in a sandlot but for the right price you will sign top players...
Ag1188
AG
Hot women = Good

I wish Schloss would name names about who is preventing female dance team from being at football games. We deserve to know what persons are behind that decision. I'm guessing they don't have the internet. Schloss was beyond mad when some old Ags held up newspapers in the past when our girls dance team started their routine at the baseball game. I'd guess the people against females dancing at any of our sporting-events make up a woke 1% of the fanbase/alumni.
Ag1188
AG
Enzomatic said:

12mn95 said:

Need more pimp sticks and free haircuts.

Oh, and large trucks of cash.
Besides the cash and great facilities, just have some female cheerleaders/dance-team and call it day.
The idea is to not make it easy for your opponents to recruit against you by your opponents being able to tell a kid, "look at these dorks. If you like hot women and think cheerleaders should be female, come here." Losing any recruits to the woke dorks in austin or the inbreds as LSU for any reason is unacceptable. And those fanbases and coaches hammer us hard on this in recruiting. Schloss knows.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Divining Rod said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

.....I haven't been to a football game at Kyle since Bama 2021, but that particular environment was obviously incredible.....

then maybe you should sit this one out, junior. you mean to tell me a night game against #1 team and fierce rival with Aggies playing great was an incredible atmosphere????

you don't SAY!!

hilarious when infrequent game goers weigh in on particulars of our game day atmosphee.
Lol Junior. I didn't even offer an opinion on the current gameday atmosphere. The only thing that even could come close to being perceived as such was the DJ comment, which I stand by. As much as we may or may not like it, it's a must these days. Our DJ may be bad at his job now, or maybe we got a different one since I was last there. Regardless.... doesn't mean we shouldn't have one. Just get a different one.

Hope you felt better after beating your chest on the internet, though.
greg.w.h
AG
If Schloss wins repeat national championships his point is worth considering. And it isn't worth opposing as long as you see the kind of immediate impact he is having.
NewEra2023
AG
Ag1188 said:

Schloss was beyond mad when some old Ags held up newspapers in the past when our girls dance team started their routine at the baseball game.

Wait whaaat? What happened?
admiraltarkin
AG
Ag1188 said:

Hot women = Good

I wish Schloss would name names about who is preventing female dance team from being at football games. We deserve to know what persons are behind that decision. I'm guessing they don't have the internet. Schloss was beyond mad when some old Ags held up newspapers in the past when our girls dance team started their routine at the baseball game. I'd guess the people against females dancing at any of our sporting-events make up a woke 1% of the fanbase/alumni.

Complains about a conservative institution's traditions, calls it woke. New Army really is dumb isn't it?
Bill Superman
AG
I don't see why we can't have our yell leaders command the crowd noise while also having cheerleaders/dance do their thing on the side as well.

We need to keep the traditions while also keeping with the times. And we need to let these coaches who win have input on this.
merch
I like attractive women as much as the next guy but cheerleaders could be one of the dumbest things ever. I suppose there may be ways to make them better but every time I see the close up during a football game or something and hear the same thing every single time "come on [fill in blank for team], let's go [fill in]" makes me laugh out loud. At least yell leaders serve a purpose.

Actually sort of surprised all these liberal schools haven't banned cheerleaders yet.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
Meximan
NyAggie said:

I agree with Schloss
There is zero reason why the milkmen and dance team can't share the sidelines
greg.w.h
AG
Bill Superman said:

I don't see why we can't have our yell leaders command the crowd noise while also having cheerleaders/dance do their thing on the side as well.

We need to keep the traditions while also keeping with the times. And we need to let these coaches who win have input on this.
Uell leaders work well in football. They do not adapt to much of anything else because TRADITION!

Other than dancing weirder every four years while leading yells…
greg.w.h
AG
Meximan said:

NyAggie said:

I agree with Schloss
There is zero reason why the milkmen and dance team can't share the sidelines
We could have a milk shake off!!!
rootube
AG
I'm personally inviting the A&M dance team to attend all Aggie football games this year. I'm also asking each dance team member to bring at least one cheerleader. This should finally settle this debate.

Now we can get back to real problems like the entrance song.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TAMU74 said:

Aggie Dancers I'm good with, but the trash music played at the football games...hell no!!
There's nothing more disgusting than playing music that college students like at a college football game.
Animal
AG
Who is this?
Where are they?
What are they doing?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Animal said:

Who is this?
Where are they?
What are they doing?

Google image search is your friend

https://thebatt.com/sports/ams-2020-football-schedule-released/

Members of the Aggie dance team carry flags off of the field before the Maroon and White football game on April 12 at Kyle Field.
rootube
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Animal said:

Who is this?
Where are they?
What are they doing?

Google image search is your friend

https://thebatt.com/sports/ams-2020-football-schedule-released/

Members of the Aggie dance team carry flags off of the field before the Maroon and White football game on April 12 at Kyle Field.

I think his point is that they are already participate and people just like to complain.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.