SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,794 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

annie88 said:

PLUM LOCO said:

I am so sick and tired of supporting this university's athletic programs with my time energy and money only to be kicked in the nuts again and again.
I don't believe this is on the athletic program though. This is primarily on Schloss. He knew he was dealing this for a while. at that point, all our people could do is offer him what they could. Which apparently wasn't enough. Seriously don't let this dim your support for our athletes.

I have nothing but respect for the individuals that choose to attend. My anger is with Sharp and his team.
Sharp has been a piece of **** for years and I've been saying it for years. We need to get rid of that guy. He's at the root of a lot of our problems and not just about athletics.
htxag09
AG
Ags2013 said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Ag CPA said:

2thFixinAg said:

Be interesting to see if it comes down to we couldn't match the dollars. The Jimbo mess is a pretty heavy anchor on the budget.
It would be classic A&M if we couldn't keep our CWS finalist coach because of Jimbo.

It would be classic A&M to overpay a guy for a 2nd place finish right after we finally paid off the last guy we overpaid for a really high finish. If we lost him for a small raise or due to not giving him resources he needs, fine - have at it. If we lost him because we wouldn't double his salary, then so be it.

There's no way we wouldn't have matched. He is going where he wants to be. ****inh traitor didn't even want to win yesterday

If the 10 years, $35mm numbers are true, doubt we would have matched. That's asinine.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
In hindsight, it's pretty clear Schloss was pissed about how this was all going to look (and the hell he was about to take on) and used that question as an opportunity to project that frustration with Zane.
Mordred
AG
htxag09 said:

Apparently he got into the face of Zane (within inches) and berated him and said he'd never talk to him again after the press conference last night.
I mean, the coach at Texas doesn't really need to talk to a TexAgs reporter does he?
ChubbyHubby
I'm hearing it's more like $2.5
htxag09
AG
Man…seems a lot more people are being obtuse now….
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
nothingbutlove said:

This is the most A&M thing I've ever seen in 5 decades of watching sports. It's worse than the Jimbo thing imo.

Something happened, and it's going to be wild to find out what it was.

Have you listened to Schloss's interviews the last couple years? He talked a LOT about facilities and fan support, etc, etc, as if he had already brought the hardware home. Being told "no" or "not yet" was probably what happened, but he laid the groundwork and was probably talking to his buddy at UT the whole time.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Ags2013 said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Ag CPA said:

2thFixinAg said:

Be interesting to see if it comes down to we couldn't match the dollars. The Jimbo mess is a pretty heavy anchor on the budget.
It would be classic A&M if we couldn't keep our CWS finalist coach because of Jimbo.

It would be classic A&M to overpay a guy for a 2nd place finish right after we finally paid off the last guy we overpaid for a really high finish. If we lost him for a small raise or due to not giving him resources he needs, fine - have at it. If we lost him because we wouldn't double his salary, then so be it.

There's no way we wouldn't have matched. He is going where he wants to be. ****inh traitor didn't even want to win yesterday

I don't know. We just laid off tons of people because the AD is in a financial bind. I'm not sure baseball is a high enough revenue sport to make that kind of investment, honestly (perhaps it is, but I'm not sure this is like football where a championship will always bring insane $$$).

The rest of your statement I agree with 100%.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Mordred said:

htxag09 said:

Apparently he got into the face of Zane (within inches) and berated him and said he'd never talk to him again after the press conference last night.
I mean, the coach at Texas doesn't really need to talk to a TexAgs reporter does he?

Post game after getting swept next spring he will
twk
AG
Mordred said:

htxag09 said:

I would imagine that they will show up at his introductory press conference in Austin, along with Zwernamen and Travis Brown. He might blow all three of them off, but probably not Kendall Rogers.
StinkyPinky
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I do know that his previous players aren't exactly writing him love letters.
I can now see why
swimmerbabe11
I'm super relieved that I don't need to root for him or bite my tongue when yall talk about what kind of person he is.
Sterling82
Texas A&M baseball is going to recover from this. I hope we will get a great coach with high integrity. Schlossnagle is a very good coach but does not have the latter. That was true at TCU and it's true now. And don't tell yourself he built this program…he just brought in an all star cast of talent, most for a single year, so he could fulfill his own ambition.

This sort of stunt was almost inevitable. Of course, you'll start hearing crap about how the admin wasn't fulfilling promises but it is not to be believed. Those are just feeble attempts to to make excuses for spending time during our tournament run securing another job.

I didn't want him hired, loved the winning and success in the CWS, but won't lament his leaving. I hope it results in an utter failure for tu.

tandy miller
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

In hindsight, it's pretty clear Schloss was pissed about how this was all going to look (and the hell he was about to take on) and used that question as an opportunity to project that frustration with Zane.

Yep. Looking back he looks like he knew he was going to look like an ******* and took his frustrations out on Zane
FJB
nothingbutlove
Ag CPA said:

2thFixinAg said:

That could be what happened.

If money was the issue.

There aren't enough face palms in the world if that turns out to be what happened. It's sickening even thinking about it.
Onionman
htxag09 said:

Man…seems a lot more people are being obtuse now….
I don't feel like crying about this so thanks for making me laugh.
tandy miller
AG

This is the hardest sports day I've ever experienced. On my way to ranch to put out feed and clear my head

Schloss is going to have the blood of many a hog on his hands as I take out my frustrations in the pasture tonight
FJB
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Bear Bryant did it to a possible NC team in 1957.

That was a different deal. The speculation was in print, in the newspapers for weeks, and Bryant never denied his interest in Alabama. It was a different time, when college sports weren't controlled by a small group of agents and insiders, so deals didn't happen quite so quickly in the dark.
AggieMD95
AG
rgag12 said:

General Jack D. Ripper said:

sharpdressedman said:

From the post game presser:

Q: With respect to the difficult outcome tonight but with the rumors circulating today about a specific job opening, what do you have to say about your future in Aggieland?

Schlossnagle: "I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you. But I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again. And that hasn't changed in my mind.

I cannot comprehend the level of dishonesty necessary for Schloss to make this statement and then leave, almost immediately, for the tu job. He is a despicable liar, now exposed for all to see. We will be much better being rid of him.

That quote is ****ing unreal. It was a blatant lie

He said that knowing he already inked the deal and had discussions with all his staff about moving. Crazy

Wow

Pretty dishonest and disrespectful
Who?mikejones!
Chrundle the Great said:

Mordred said:

htxag09 said:

Post game after getting swept next spring he will

Send Zane to his intro PC at texas. Ask him if there's anything he should write down
LoneStar13
AG
Don't forget about all the shots he's taken at Yeskie this season for leaving him. Only to turn around and do something like this.
Fleen
Fleen said:

Sterling82 said:

That reminded me a lot of Roy Williams when he was asked if he was going to UNC right after the national championship game. My guess is he's leaving. He said he "intended" to stay here but, as we know, things change.

Exactly what I was thinking of... Exactly.

Weeeellllllll, whatta you know...
8e8Ag
AG
Screw Sankey and the SEC as well. I'm sure tfnu's admission into the SEC was the final piece he needed to fall. He wanted to coach in the SEC and tu didn't have that option until this year.
tjack16
AG
Did the players really find out when we did? Wow…
wasntme
Agthatbuilds said:

wasntme said:

Don't shoot the messenger, lol.

I, personally don't think he is leaving. However...
I did hear it from a very credible source that he has been offered a contract of roughly $3.5m annually.
His base contract here is roughly $1.35.
I hope we open up the brink truck and get him to stay.

Name names
not gonna dox my sources, and not gonna say that I told ya so, but I told ya so..
Showstopper
AG
A lot of people on this thread owe Zane an apology. It was a legitimate question even if he didn't leave given the rumors.
Agryan00
Our school is so lost.

I see alot of people whinning about this and that. It's a game and we don't have a clue how to play it. There is a reason we have not been in a major championship in 70yrs.
DallasArchAg05
AG
I'm one of the ones you're talking to. Honestly I still don't like the timing of the question, even though it's now been legitimized. But my dislike of the question assumes that the recipient of that question isn't the world's biggest scumbag.

He will fit in well in Austin with all the other narcissists.
themissinglink
AG
LoneStar13 said:

Don't forget about all the shots he's taken at Yeskie this season for leaving him. Only to turn around and do something like this.
In fairness, Yeskie was terrible
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Of course, you'll start hearing crap about how the admin wasn't fulfilling promises but it is not to be believed.
Pretty easy to spin that story, since Schloss has had a rotating, evolving lists of requests/demands since he got to CS, from facilities to music to cheerleaders.

He seems like the kind of guy whose m.o. is to keep a moving target handy so he always has a reason to grumble and be unhappy.
Ag CPA
AG
Jugstore Cowboy said:

Quote:

Bear Bryant did it to a possible NC team in 1957.

That was a different deal. The speculation was in print, in the newspapers for weeks, and Bryant never denied his interest in Alabama. It was a different time, when college sports weren't controlled by a small group of agents and insiders, so deals didn't happen quite so quickly in the dark.
I've been thinking about the Bear thing as well in light of this, different era involving guys that are mostly gone but I can't imagine how excruciating that was at the time.
PA24
AG
POS

Dirty coach, I think he threw game 2
Hey Nav
AG
With all due respect to Badmaev, ****loss started Badmaev.

And then... Badmaev had a good inning. And then, ****loss pulled him.

Had me scratching my head then.

tjack16
AG
While I don't think he "threw" it.

Sadly now we will never know if his heart and head were in it this weekend. He will say it was but now we will never know and it'll always be questioned
Hey Nav
AG
Of course he was not in it. Just look at the press conference. Lying lying dishonest answers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.