SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,903 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
Agsttt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rsf0626 said:

The reporter was literally doing his job. Zero problems with him asking the question because people want to know

100%!

texaswhiskeyco
AG
#writethat
agmeister
S
Commander Gorn said:

Feel bad for Schloss having to discuss that in that moment, but I also get the question too
Actually Schloss deserved better than that. The questioner is an idiot.
agmeister
S
Agsttt said:

rsf0626 said:

The reporter was literally doing his job. Zero problems with him asking the question because people want to know

100%!

Classless!
FTAG 2000
AG
WestHoustonAg79 said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Not a great question to ask. At the same time, a reporters job isn't to ask nice questions or to avoid subjects that may be uncomfortable - it's to ask questions that people want to know about. Schloss can be pissed - probably a very fair response....but that doesn't mean the reporter wasn't doing his job as well.

Sometimes both guys can be doing what they're supposed to and not see eye to eye about it. I don't really buy the idea that reporters - even those at TexAgs - have an obligation to only ask tough questions when convenient for all parties.

Until it is settled, this is going to be a big lingering question. Schloss gets paid a crap ton of money to coach a game. He can handle some frustrating questions, I'm sure.

Tough territory for the situation with a young media guy who was trying to capitalize when he saw this was "his moment" But he whiffed hard. About as bad as you can get imho. Nuff said.

lol. Billy sent him to ask because if he did it himself, it would have destroyed the concept of Texags premium.
Agsttt
TxAG#2011 said:

Someone had to ask that question.

Exactly…….just like a handful of softies had to get upset about it. You could see both coming a mile away.
bizag07
Quote:

People need to settle down about this. There would have been a ton of shock if someone had not asked this question. Schloss was still upset over the loss. The question was not as over-the-top inappropriate as some people are trying to make it out to be. He said himself, he knew the reporter had to ask it. They was ONE GUY doing his job by asking a question. No one in Aggieland is questioning his loyalty and neither was the guy who asked the question.
Here's the thing.

You aren't EVER going to get an answer from a coach on that front. All you are going to do is put him , his players, and their parents in an awkward situation.

Fans want this, bc they want answers, but it doesn't actually produce anything, ever. Zane went there, unfortunately.

When Billy and TexAgs are producing info, it is ALWAYS done via the backchannels.
Timmay!
The fact that Zane was presumably given the ok to ask the question is interesting. Has TA heard things that made them ok with asking the question and potentially pissing Schloss off? They are usually very careful about this type of thing.
Eliminatus
AG
bizag07 said:

Quote:

People need to settle down about this. There would have been a ton of shock if someone had not asked this question. Schloss was still upset over the loss. The question was not as over-the-top inappropriate as some people are trying to make it out to be. He said himself, he knew the reporter had to ask it. They was ONE GUY doing his job by asking a question. No one in Aggieland is questioning his loyalty and neither was the guy who asked the question.
Here's the thing.

You aren't EVER going to get an answer from a coach on that front. All you are going to do is put him , his players, and their parents in an awkward situation.

Fans want this, bc they want answers, but it doesn't actually produce anything, ever. Zane went there, unfortunately.

When Billy and TexAgs are producing info, it is ALWAYS done via the backchannels.

100%
landman1
Del Conte was holding the news until after the CWS finished. Unfortunately, Kurt Bohls decided he needed to break the story sooner and forced a response. Pierce has known for over a week and already packed up.

That said, seems likely it is one of the two coaches from tonight, as both have offers on the table.
Who?mikejones!
Why? It's a legit question and probably the biggest of the offseason, both for a&m and college baseball.

Many rumors are out there, none addressed in any way by schloss, his agent or texas a&m.

And, it wasn't like it was the most clear "no" in the world.
Who?mikejones!
Lol. Bohls tell you this?
trouble
AG
Well bohls has always kept secrets about as well as a 3 year old so expecting him to wait is dumb.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
You can wait longer than the first 30 minutes of the offseason to ask it
fightingfarmer09
Timmay! said:

The fact that Zane was presumably given the ok to ask the question is interesting. Has TA heard things that made them ok with asking the question and potentially pissing Schloss off? They are usually very careful about this type of thing.

OR.

Was TA given the ok to ask the question so that the response could be given?

People forget that Schloss isn't in a vacuum. He is a player in this game too. I doubt the question was asked without permission from TA. And I doubt Schloss just randomly answered the question either.
AgEng06
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Why? It's a legit question and probably the biggest of the offseason, both for a&m and college baseball.

Many rumors are out there, none addressed in any way by schloss, his agent or texas a&m.

Again, why would a coach, AD, or agent address a rumor before a position was event vacant?
Mark Stoops
The position is vacant.
Timmay!
fightingfarmer09 said:

Timmay! said:

OR.

Was TA given the ok to ask the question so that the response could be given?

People forget that Schloss isn't in a vacuum. He is a player in this game too. I doubt the question was asked without permission from TA. And I doubt Schloss just randomly answered the question either.

Schloss was pissed so I don't think so.
Who?mikejones!
Can you? Why? It's a press conference.

Let's just do a brain session-

Let's assume schloss has decided to go and planned that announcement tomorrow morning. Is Zane still wrong for asking about the rumors?

Maybe the questions shouldn't have come from texags and it would have been different with a less familiar person.

It's a legit question based on smokey rumors. I don't know how the question wouldn't be asked.
AgEng06
AG
Mark Stoops said:

The position is vacant.

Yes, as of like 12 hrs ago. Many posters on this thread said the rumors should have been addressed in the past couple of weeks because Pierce's firing was the "worst kept secret".
Who?mikejones!
Ir could be addressed indirectly with contract extensions, ball park plans, or other ways.
Timmay!
Agthatbuilds said:

Let's assume schloss has decided to go and planned that announcement tomorrow morning. Is Zane still wrong for asking about the rumors?

Maybe the questions shouldn't have come from texags and it would have been different with a less familiar person.

It's a legit question based on smokey rumors. I don't know how the question wouldn't be asked.

Don't ask him tonight and you likely lose your chance to ask him at all. Zane got him on the record and now if Schloss bolts he looks like an ass. That is why it had to be asked tonight.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Guys even Schloss acknowledged why the question had to be asked…we got our long term answer and I feel like 1-3 national championships in our future
Who?mikejones!
That's kinda my point.

When else would one ask?
BiochemAg97
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Did he really ask him that

My gosh

Can people not read him and how much he loves this place. That question should have not been asked tonight.

I just saw the tweet below. Yes Schloss. An extremely selfish question by Zane.

Especially given the answer to the question before the was
1) host a regional and it is really hard for a team to come in and win
2) players coming in next week
3) need to keep people out of the draft.
Ag1188
AG
texaswhiskeyco said:

#writethat

hit dog will holler. Clearly a good question. And good answer.
MagnumLoad
AgEng06 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Again, why would a coach, AD, or agent address a rumor before a position was event vacant?

You mean officially vacant. It would have been proactive rather than reactive, and could have been done without mentioning the coaching status in Austin. We gotta start playing smarter.
Ag1188
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

LB12Diamond said:

Did he really ask him that

My gosh

Can people not read him and how much he loves this place. That question should have not been asked tonight.

I just saw the tweet below. Yes Schloss. An extremely selfish question by Zane.

Especially given the answer to the question before the was
1) host a regional and it is really hard for a team to come in and win
2) players coming in next week
3) need to keep people out of the draft.

definitely get the sense he didn't want anyone thinking he ever considered leaving with his final response and the responses you noted before that implied he was staying here.
Timmay!
Agthatbuilds said:

That's kinda my point.

When else would one ask?

You're right. I was agreeing.
Who?mikejones!
Maybe it was a shot across the bow the sips
Eliminatus
AG
agmeister said:

Commander Gorn said:

Feel bad for Schloss having to discuss that in that moment, but I also get the question too
Actually Schloss deserved better than that. The questioner is an idiot.
Zane is actually not an idiot, which is why this was so shocking to me. Just seemed like such a massive bomb to throw out of nowhere and not what I would expect from TA in general. I honestly can't help but wonder if this was curated and given the go ahead by TA official or just a rogue moment. I'll even give Zane the benefit of a doubt and assume he did not think it would be as callous as it sounded to a bunch of us, and Schloss apparently, and just wanted to get the "FIRST" drop of admittedly huge news.

But as mentioned above, there is no reality that exists where IF coach was going to jump ship, he would announce it to a last question on the presser going over the loss of G3 in the MCWS and less than an hour coming off the field. There is fishing for info and then there is....whatever this is. Ill advised I'll call it.
wangus12
AG
landman1 said:

Del Conte was holding the news until after the CWS finished. Unfortunately, Kurt Bohls decided he needed to break the story sooner and forced a response. Pierce has known for over a week and already packed up.

That said, seems likely it is one of the two coaches from tonight, as both have offers on the table.

They may have offers, but they also have programs that they've just built to the pinnacle and schools ready to pay them. Why would you give that up for a rebuild project that also requires you to play the monster you just built.
MagnumLoad
I will say that, in my opinion, Schlossnagle's statements, answers, and comments prior to the question, should have answered the question.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Are you asking why you can wait, why should you, or both?
I don't understand the point of your "brain session". If Schloss leaves tomorrow morning how would the question that was asked change anything at all?
Brother Shamus
Come on guys - it doesn't matter who is coaching - we'll never get it done. Close but no cigar!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.