SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,886 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
HillCountry15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Holy *****

1) what a dumb decision to ask that question.

2) what an unbelievably awesome answer from Schloss. And you could tell he held back. Wow.
Ag1188
AG
nvm
CC00
AG
Onionman said:

I really hope he stays.

He also said, "It's like asking Monty if he is going to sign for the draft."

Has me a bit nervous the way he answered it. Best baseball coach we have ever had.

But a horrible time to ask that question.

Media (even A&M media) isn't going to change his mind
jkag89
$240 Worth of Pudding said:

OP trolling right? Right?!?!?
Nope. It certainly sounded to me like he is going nowhere. If he leaves now then he has a split personality.
Serious Lee
people get pissed at olin and BZ for lobbing softballs and never asking jimbo,buzz etc. the tough questions. now someone finally has the stones to ask what everyone is wondering and its rude.
AggieBaseball06
AG
For years, we can't get reporters to ask Jimbo a hard-hitting question and tonight they go full on Leroy Jenkins in the press conference.
aeroag14
AG
Pretty strong response from schloss
Eliminatus
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Someone had to ask that question.
Not right ****ing now. It's unprofessional and flatout offensive. Hell, I am pissed FOR Schloss. Let the man absorb a heart wrenching loss for at least tonight and THEN get to the rumors circuit in all the follow up stuff to come in the days and weeks to follow. This was just....distasteful.
MagnumLoad
Don't blame Zane or Schloss. Blame the baby crap colored turds at tu that put that out there the day of the championship game.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
Slicer97
AG
Serious Lee said:

people get pissed at olin and BZ for lobbing softballs and never asking jimbo,buzz etc. the tough questions. now someone finally has the stones to ask what everyone is wondering and its rude.

It's a question you ask tomorrow. Not tonight.
TxAG#2011
Slicer97 said:

Serious Lee said:

Is there a press conference tomorrow?
fav13andac1)c
AG
I don't know OP he didn't shut the door…

/s
Eliminatus
AG
Serious Lee said:

Game time decisions is one thing.

Asking a coach who literally just ate probably the most painful loss of his life after pouring so much into it, if he is going to stick around is just ****ty. Flat out ****ty. How can you not see the difference between the two??
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
Reno Hightower
MagnumLoad said:

Don't blame Zane or Schloss. Blame the baby crap colored turds at tu that put that out there the day of the championship game.

Then don't play into their hand.

Give it at least a day.
fieldtrailer
AG
LB12Diamond said:

fieldtrailer said:

LB12Diamond said:

Did he really ask him that

My gosh

Can people not read him and how much he loves this place. That question should have not been asked tonight.

I just saw the tweet below. Yes Schloss. An extremely selfish question by Zane.

You serious? Que the interview after the game at home last year. He's a roller coaster of emotions when it comes to us. He could have easily mentioned it himself during a press conf once the rumors started. Especially if sincere.

This response of yours shows just how immature and lack of character you have to not understand.

Great question. And there was some on purpose drama in his answer. Love it.
Onionman
jkag89 said:

Nope. It certainly sounded to me like he is going nowhere. If he leaves now then he has a split personality.

I hope you are right. I didn't get the warm and fuzzies to be honest.

He got so angry (compared it to asking if Monty leaving for draft) there may be something there, IMO. Hard to tell after gut wrenching loss.

rondis23
AG
Dude is a reporter. He gets paid to ask questions. He can ask the question whenever he wants. That's Literally his job.
Sq 17
If he doesn't want the question than start the press conference with

" we have some outstanding recruits coming in the next few weeks & if they sign with the Ags I will be here coaching them"

He should say I WILL
NoT I plan ; intend ; hope to be
FTAG 2000
AG
Kids gonna be lining up run through a wall for him
Slicer97
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Slicer97 said:

Serious Lee said:

Is there a press conference tomorrow?

Does it matter? ****ty time to ask that question. Reporter got a politer response than he deserved.
awschux
AG
This is part of what good PR teams do. They get in front of questions like these before they are even asked, and deliberately manage the message.

A&M needs to invest heavily in PR. We are the worst at it in all of D1.
kyledr04
AG
Epic response. The question was uncalled for. Also loved the comment about one more out for FSU.
NavySeaAg99
AG
Ride or die Jim. The question was fair, and honestly needed to be asked. You answered it - and we are with you and will be forever! Gig'em!
Mister Mystery Guest
Message to Zane: You had every right to ask the question. He then spouted off and stormed off like he didn't have family members of people within his own program worried many weeks ago that he'd leave for Texas if we didn't give him a new stadium. What a chicken**** way to walk away from the podium. Congratulations on a great season. I was enjoying the postgame presser up until he answered Zane in that way. I hope TexAgs has Zane's back on this. There was talk all season regarding the game of chicken being played by Schloss + Texas + facilities upgrades. Don't piss up our leg and tell us it's raining.
HillCountry15
rondis23 said:

Dude is a reporter. He gets paid to ask questions. He can ask the question whenever he wants. That's Literally his job.
I get it, to a point. But not then. Jesus not then. You have to think TexAgs staff (or at least the Looch-level staff) pretty much knew what Schloss was going to do. Holy crap man. Not a good look
Pumpkinhead
AG
If someone ask Vitelli the same question they will probably gets equally hammered. It was pretty stupid internet rumors to think tu was going to fire their coach on the same day as the natty and then just go grab one of the two natty game coaches at other power programs. Stupid internet rumor games.
AggieArchitect04
AG
The Weast Side of Kyle said:

Here's the live link. You'll likely just have to scrub backwards before Tennessee has their interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/live/XFWZJtTj6AM?si=5n_NCmT6IsKfUOw6

Saving for later.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Bush league by Big Shooter. The dude just lost the biggest game of his career by one run.

That said... Glad he's staying. Takes some of the sting out of the past two games. Suck it, sips.
John Dutton
AG
I'm sorry… Billy has to give Zane the Kiffin treatment on that stupendously insane question!!
Artorias
AG
I'll be honest, while I hope the fire in his response means "hell no", I wish he would have just said that.
LB12Diamond
AG
MagnumLoad said:

Wrong

Rise above their BS. Do the right thing bc it's the right thing to do.

And if you cannot do that. Have some character and common sense to what Schloss has shown you all season.

Zane messed up and I don't know if Schloss has a memory for crap like this. If he does, he just made the **** list.

So to sum up. Rise above doing crap that the sips do. Schloss does.
fav13andac1)c
AG
The Weast Side of Kyle said:

It's "I've poured" and "I've given" not "I poured" and "I gave." Pretty big difference for those that didn't watch the clip.
tingyi0705
expect Vitello to fly from omaha to austin tomorrow
FTAG 2000
AG
Onionman said:

jkag89 said:

I hope you are right. I didn't get the warm and fuzzies to be honest.

He got so angry (compared it to asking if Monty leaving for draft) there may be something there, IMO. Hard to tell after gut wrenching loss.

Seriously? Just got done talking about recruiting and got asked about sip job? Guy acknowledged divorcing his wife and leaving for CS and you're unsure?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.