*****Aggies vs. Arkansas - Friday*****

126,916 Views | 1660 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by TexasAggie81
Strike One
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ags playing as competitively as they can but they just do not have A or A+ hitting to make up for a lack of A+ pitching. The SEC and teams like Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and Georgia are just extremely good. Arkansas has A+ pitching and B+ hitting which will beat B+ pitching and A- hitting which the Ags have. The Ags need to hope for a real burst at the plate to make up for their decent, but not great, pitching staff.
missinAggieland
AG
On to tomorrow.

We can do this.

With tonight's result, game 1 for us in the SEC Tournament is slated for 4:30 on Wednesday, May 23. Kentucky secured the 1 seed. With Arkansas winning the West, they are the 2 seed. We can't displace Tennessee so we are the 4 seed.
Tergdor
AG
The game was lost by not replacing the pitcher for the 8th but the ump made his presence felt in multiple innings. Nowhere near as consistent as the one last night.
Budder01
We need to drive good pitches instead of repeatedly staring them down only to give up at bats by swinging at marginal ones…or staring at the 3rd good one. Our mentality at the plate has been distinctly different these last 3 weeks and runs and results is showing that. We've struck out more over this stretch than we have all season and it's not the pitching, we've changed something in our collective approach. It's time to light a fire in some asses on offense.
dBoy99
AG
Not sure it was pitching as much as management of pitchers...
Strike One
I disagree. Ark's pitching last night was dominating and much better than almost anything the Ags have seen this year. Tonight, the pitching was as good as almost anything we've seen this year. It just seems like our guys are definitely schooled to not swing at questionable pitches and to not make an out on the first or second pitch. This casses us to take good pitches and fail to attack pitcher's pitches when they are ahead in the count.
AGDAD14
Will there be a West division to lose next year in baseball? Will any sports still have divisions next year?
AgEng06
AG
Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…

You're right. This is exactly how yesterday went.
Sean98
AG
AGDAD14 said:

Will there be a West division to lose next year in baseball? Will any sports still have divisions next year?
No divisions in baseball next year.
Daniel Plainview
AgEng06 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…

So much on the line though…
Sean98
AG
Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…
And the rest of us are tired of this
Daniel Plainview
Daniel Plainview said:

AgEng06 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…

I'm tired…
Ragoo
AG
Budder01 said:

We need to drive good pitches instead of repeatedly staring them down only to give up at bats by swinging at marginal ones…or staring at the 3rd good one. Our mentality at the plate has been distinctly different these last 3 weeks and runs and results is showing that. We've struck out more over this stretch than we have all season and it's not the pitching, we've changed something in our collective approach. It's time to light a fire in some asses on offense.
don't disagree with what you are saying. But it seems like we are too aggressive when down in counts. We have e been waffling at mostly off speed. Probably because we are seeing more thrown at us.
Rongagin71
AG
Rongagin71 said:

I'd like MooShooPork this time, please.
I must complain about the quality of the pork.
The rice tortillas, cabbage and other veggies were good.
But that pork stunk it up.
Sean98
AG
Daniel Plainview said:

AgEng06 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…

There was nothing on the line today but pride. A West Division title gets you nothing. Bye was secured, Conference title was out of reach.
dBoy99
AG
I hope some of these posts are sarcasm.

Otherwise you're just showing your ignorance regarding baseball.

Played 18 innings toe to toe with a top 3 team and lose on 1 pitch. It's baseball. It's why it's the greatest game played.
Daniel Plainview
Sean98 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

AgEng06 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…

There was nothing on the line today but pride. A West Division title gets you nothing. Bye was secured, Conference title was out of reach.

I agree a west division gets you nothing!!!
Budder01
We put ourselves in a position where we can no longer be selective. We have to swing. We can hit the piss out of the ball top to bottom but when we take great pitches and get down in a count we have to swing at the marginal. I'd love to see stats on our strike outs and 2 strike counts these last 3 weeks vs the previous, I'd be surprised if it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb both of those have climbed noticeably.
Charpie
AG
It was obvious that the ump was done. Even the Arky folks in front of us said it
LB12Diamond
AG
Seems like coach managed this game with making sure he had bullpen ready to win tomorrow with Sdao starting. And if our bats do anything we still might have won.

I think we win by 5-6 tomorrow.
AgEng06
AG
Daniel Plainview said:

Sean98 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

AgEng06 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…

So what are you on about then? What was "so much on the line"?
BreNayPop
AG
We needed to win for pride and to get some mojo rolling. We started hitting, but need to really start to catch fire. Gotta get things headed in the right direction. And in the end, Arkie is a great top 8 team and we are in a dog fight with them and we aren't even playing well.
Daniel Plainview
AgEng06 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

Sean98 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

AgEng06 said:

Daniel Plainview said:

Same **** different day…

So what are you on about then? What was "so much on the line"?

Ok… I understand now …
Daniel Plainview
Staff, I won't post anymore… sorry.
HoustonAg2106
AG
BreNayPop said:

We needed to win for pride and to get some mojo rolling. We started hitting, but need to really start to catch fire. Gotta get things headed in the right direction. And in the end, Arkie is a great top 8 team and we are in a dog fight with them and we aren't even playing well.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Arkansas is an elite team and we have been evenly matched with them while not even playing our best.

Bottom line, hopefully we can start playing our best when the tournament starts because if we do we will not care about these last few series
Fquin
AG
If you think nothing was on the line today, we probably shouldn't even play tomorrow. Today's loss wrapped up all of our post season positioning. We are a 4 seed in Hoover and a top 8 seed in the tournament. Tomorrow's game is now a glorified practice game, searching for players who can help in the tournament. And I still need tickets.
fightinags2013
AG
Did we get an official attendance #?
TAMU1990
AG
I was surprised Stewart came out for the 8th. He definitely should have been pulled after giving up the 0-2 line drive hit. It was a huge mistake and a sign his command was getting questionable.

Jones looked better. I guess he has fixed whatever he was doing to tip his pitches. That may be a good sign.

I'm more concerned about 4-5-6 not hitting at the moment. This is the engine of our offense and helps turn the lineup around faster to get back to 1-2-3. The top guys will hit; it's the next 3 that need to step up.
twk
AG
fightinags2013 said:

Did we get an official attendance #?
Fquin
AG
We've been losing to great and not so great teams the last 3 weeks. When is it no longer a slump but, what you have now become. We have the talent to have won all of these series. Can we regain the mindset?
AGDAD14
Winning always matters, no matter what is on the line! I would never want to play for a coach or on a team that says otherwise!
dBoy99
AG
True.

But that doesn't mean this team is "another Aggie team wilting in the spotlight" or "this team won't win anything". Saying **** like that is absolutely stupid.
trouble
AG
AGDAD14 said:

Winning always matters, no matter what is on the line! I would never want to play for a coach or on a team that says otherwise!

Luckily, none of us are coaches or players
jrodwh00p
AG
What a disappointing game. Can't seem to find it……. and we have a world of talent
..The history of the world is that of religion. Violent faith, in either God or Man has shed an endless river of blood. It is not a matter of what you can live without, but which allows you the freedom to be indifferent..

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cheeky
AG
Stewart threw two really bad pitches while ahead in the count, the second of which left the yard and sealed the loss. I'm putting that one on Schloss because when Stewart badly missed the first one in the meat of the plate, that went for a double with runners at second and third, Schloss should have given him the hook. That Schloss elected to leave him in there ultimately to repeat the same mistake, but for a 3-run homer, is on him. Too late in the season to have such a long leash and it cost us a game, the West title and maybe more intangibles. Very unlike Schloss to have a team whimper across the finish line, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Definitely need to light up some asses and hope to get this team back on track before the season is lost.

I suggest how we play game three will foreshadow the remainder of the season. Turn it around, or prepare for disappointment because the moment is upon you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.