For Your Morning Enjoyment: Vandy Board Game Thread

12,090 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by dcg4403
TheBonifaceOption
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://vandymania.com/viewtopic.php?t=2182

Added bonus:
https://www.anchorofgold.com/2024/4/12/24128347/series-preview-vs-the-atm-cult-of-milkmen#comments

TheBonifaceOption
I didn't realize Cunningham was SEC pitcher of the week a while back.
FrankK
AG
McInnis
AG
From that preview article, in case anyone needs help getting up some Vandy hate.

Quote:

Beyond that, another reason they suck is their unearned elitism. As an elitist, nothing rankles me more than people who have the mien of elitism without the credentials. The alumni and students of aTm literally think their school is Yale, when it is basically Arky, sans flagship status. They will talk your damned ear off about how academically great the school is, because you have to be in the top 10% in your Texas public school to get in. That would be like LSU students bragging about their brainpower because they got the 3.0 and 21 ACT score required to get a TOPS Scholarship, or Ugga students doing the same. Actually, Ugga students kind of do do this, but not to us, because they recognize they are, at best, in triple A. aTm thinks they're Yale. Seriously. Yale.
Pretty sure there's not one Aggie who thinks we're Yale, or wants to be.
DripDeW23
AG
You're right, much closer to MIT than Yale
Luke The Drifter
AG
I get that Vandy is a small, private school and A&M is a behemoth with a gigantic fan base…but a message board game thread with only 34 (!!!) total posts? C'mon Dores! Do better!
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Emilio Fantastico
AG
This was right after the first inning. How prophetic.

Well, at least it has freed up my Friday. Will check back in an hour or so to see if we are going to be run ruled.
HECUBUS
AG
Cult of milkmen author is likely named Luke. One day he will meet a milkman only to learn the feared and hated milkman is his father.

McInnis
AG
DripDeW23 said:

You're right, much closer to MIT than Yale

Seriously, no. In my 40+ year career as a chemical engineer, the single most stupid engineering graduate I ever worked with was from MIT. I still remember the time when she asked me what the difference in a pump and a compressor was. She explained that MIT had a concept known as the "gentleman's B". If you were smart enough to get into MIT, you deserve to pass all your courses with at least a B.
two93ags
AG
I find it interesting that he would boast so openly about being an elitist.

In my experience, most "elitists" are actually quite unhappy and insecure and therefore very triggered by anyone that seems to be self-assured and comfortable in their own skin.

Way to tell on yourself my dude.
DripDeW23
DD88
AG
McInnis said:

From that preview article, in case anyone needs help getting up some Vandy hate.

Quote:

Beyond that, another reason they suck is their unearned elitism. As an elitist, nothing rankles me more than people who have the mien of elitism without the credentials. The alumni and students of aTm literally think their school is Yale, when it is basically Arky, sans flagship status. They will talk your damned ear off about how academically great the school is, because you have to be in the top 10% in your Texas public school to get in. That would be like LSU students bragging about their brainpower because they got the 3.0 and 21 ACT score required to get a TOPS Scholarship, or Ugga students doing the same. Actually, Ugga students kind of do do this, but not to us, because they recognize they are, at best, in triple A. aTm thinks they're Yale. Seriously. Yale.

Here is your superior intellect. Teaching can be an admirable profession, but hopefully he received a significant scholarship from what is now a $80K/year private school, or he's rooting for another Biden term to forgive his student debt.

Quote:

Vanderbilt alum ('04) named Andrew. Baseball enthusiast, satirist, teacher, writer, former ne'er-do-well, reverse vampire, etc. In college, I sat right behind the umpire for basically every game, as the rich people who bought those seats never showed up. In '07, the rich people started showing up more often. Now, I have to buy bleacher seats and actually sit in them. I have covered, opined, and given nicknames to members of the Vanderbilt baseball team on Anchor of Gold since 2014, when I determined this team was too damned good not to have a damned fine writer providing the takes. It was a pretty good year to make such a decision. In addition to all of that, I occasionally write about football, basketball, and Superb Owls. I am responsible for nearly all of the perfectly cromulent inside jokes on this blog.
Leander - Ag
AG
Insecure and poor
Lance Uppercut
AG
If they're so smart, why couldn't they score more runs?
NukeAg10
AG
two93ags said:

I find it interesting that he would boast so openly about being an elitist.

In my experience, most "elitists" are actually quite unhappy and insecure and therefore very triggered by anyone that seems to be self-assured and comfortable in their own skin.

Way to tell on yourself my dude.

Soooo... your modern day Marxist democrat leftie?
TheBonifaceOption
Lance Uppercut said:

If they're so smart, why couldn't they score more runs?

Because they were taking prescription Adderall and we were shredding cases of Zyn per inning
Rec
AG
Yale would never score FIFTEEN runs on Lionel Ritchie and his minions
TheBonifaceOption
This gets funnier every time I read it, on BMont

Quote:

That said, he hasn't hit a donger in 10 days, and that is legitimately tied for his longest homerless stretch of the year. Perhaps he's in a mid-season power-slump? If so, one can only hope it extends for three more days.

Like 8mins into the game...

ahpetty33
AG
This can't be a real post lol. Somewhere on a Yale message board is a guy hating on Vandy for pretending to be Yale of the south
8e8Ag
AG
This should be their "elite" team issue. They did have pinstripe ones back in the day.

maroon man
S
ahpetty33 said:

This can't be a real post lol. Somewhere on a Yale message board is a guy hating on Vandy for pretending to be Yale of the south

VegasAg86
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

I get that Vandy is a small, private school and A&M is a behemoth with a gigantic fan base…but a message board game thread with only 34 (!!!) total posts? C'mon Dores! Do better!

Well, the game did only take 2 hours.

Our thread about their game thread might end up with more posts.

You'd think such brilliant people would use forum software from the current century.
Charlie Moran
AG
Don't you mean score a run ?
"I didn't come here to lose!" Charley Moran
CharlieBrown17
AG
That SB nation article is wild. I've never given Vandy anywhere near that level of thought or emotion. Good or bad.

Also bizarre that people were using the comment section like a pseudo game thread.
TheBonifaceOption
Charlie Moran said:

Don't you mean score a run ?

Hart-J hall
Dubbed PragerU
Rec
AG
Being n the top 10% in Tennessee is not really noteworthy… TN and LA both have a tremendous idiot/normal person ratio.
rab79
AG
McInnis said:

Quote:

Sounds like a teasip that got lost.
TheBonifaceOption
The copium maxxing is great "at least we stopped Prager from a no-no!"

You were down by 9 runs at that point, Prager struck out every batter he saw, and after hitting numerous pop-ups and grounders, eventually one squeaked passed our infield.

Prager isn't losing sleep about the no-no.
StinkyPinky
AG
Dang, I bet 50 people read this article. Word is out. That's viral for this guy.
cj774
AG
It's a SB Nation website. Personally I dislike the SB Nation setup.. They really do not have a fully developed forum format that I could ever find. Guess they are doing what they can with the limitations of it.
Sean98
AG
TheBonifaceOption said:

The copium maxxing is great "at least we stopped Prager from a no-no!"

You were down by 9 runs at that point, Prager struck out every batter he saw, and after hitting numerous pop-ups and grounders, eventually one squeaked passed our infield.

Prager isn't losing sleep about the no-no.
And this happened solely because one of our own dared to point out the fact that he had yet to give up a hit.
themissinglink
AG
McInnis said:

Quote:

Gotta love how a private school tries to call us elitist. Other than the whistler, I've never had anything against Vandy (though the whistler is a pretty big negative). After reading that write-up, bring the hate.
StinkyPinky
AG
themissinglink said:

McInnis said:

Quote:

Gotta love how a private school tries to call us elitist. Other than the whistler, I've never had anything against Vandy (though the whistler is a pretty big negative). After reading that write-up, bring the hate.
Right. This surprised me. We've literally have had zero history with Vandy to warrant such disgust and hate. Have had zero reason to dislike their fan base. But they apparently have all lived or have relatives in Austin. I guess now I got to hate them too.
carl spacklers hat
McInnis said:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure this is the writer's attempt at humor.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.