*****Aggies v. Stanford - Stanford Regional - Monday - Championship Game*****

161,331 Views | 2861 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by trouble
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reserving my spot for the 2024 bandwagon

Gonna save this post for the folks who get mad at those of us who only post when games are on TV.
jah003
S
See you guys next year. Go Tree and go Indiana St.!
AggieArchitect04
AG
Wish we had made it further but still proud of how our guys battled back this season and made it fun at the end. Feels like good things are ahead. Gotta just keep plugging away.
Halconblack
AG
Great year. Crappy way to end. But Schloss is 2-2 in getting to the tourney though. Not getting to the Super Regional is disappointing. But, Just keep grinding.
v/r
annie88
AG
trouble said:

I'd rather just borrow them occasionally

Well, that can be arranged.
Sea Pony 07
AG
We've had good games, we had bad games, but everyone has been fun with all y'all here. Congrats to the team making it to the regional finals, good luck in the future to those graduating, drafted, and those who choose to enter the portal to play elsewhere.

Thank you Lance, Bond_Ag, trouble, jkag89 for all the hard work you do.

Thanks to the regular posters around here for making it a fun season, and all you newbies, I hope you stick around for the off season.

And of course, thank you to the 2023 Fighting Texas Aggie Baseball team and coaching staff.

See y'all on the countdown thread.
Evanhue
AG
BraxtonW said:

Only what 90 days till texas A&M walks out to power in Kyle field. That should hold us over
Everybody head over to the Football board now that it's officially football season. It is so bleak over there.
AggieDub25
trouble said:

I am so happy for Dirty though. This was the final game he needed to have.

Too bad the bats were asleep.

That's the toughest part of the loss for me. Dettmer deserved to win that game tonight. Best he's looked all year.
rathAG05
AG
Really hurts to end this way after the only elite performance we've seen from Dettmer all season. Our bats have been so Jekyl and Hyde. Dadgum, this hurts. God bless those boys and I'm thankful for the quality of young men that wear the maroon and white.

And I really hate to see Weber go out that way. Dude is such a stud. Hope we all get to watch him for a long time in MLB.
Stone Cold
AG
histag10 said:

AvidAggie said:

histag10 said:

Stone Cold said:

histag10 said:

Stone Cold said:

jah003 said:

Dude… we didn't have a starting pitcher win a game for 2 damn months.

Then Yeskie didn't do his job. We started the year as the #5 team with the core of our lineup returning from a team that went to Omaha. I would say we have underachieved this season.

I see you know very little about baseball. Let me help. We greatly overachieved last year. Hell- we are overachieving this year. Pre season rankings don't mean *****

No need to get personal. I know that you're baseball board royalty, but lay off the personal stuff.

1. That wasn't personal. It was a fact
2. You have **** posted about players all night. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Saying we overachieved isn't a fact. It's an opinion.

Yes- but it is a pretty widely accepted opinion that we overachieved. We weren't supposed to be good last year. We were supposed to be in a rebuilding year (or few).

Saying yeskie didn't do his job, calling for coaches to be fired, and **** talking this whole game is where I gathered my facts that he doesn't know much about baseball. THAT is the fact I was referring to.

And it's still your opinion. Just like it's my opinion that I feel that Yeskie didn't do his job. Maybe he did, but it seemed like our pitching staff struggled greatly this year. I never called for coach to be fired. I like Schloss. I may disagree with the whole small ball philosophy. But I'm glad he's our coach. This season didn't end as we all envisioned. I think most of us expected a return trip to Omaha. I know I did. It was a frustrating season at times.
94chem
fieldtrailer said:

94chem said:

I hope Werner likes to pitch, cause that's where he has a future.

You have to feel for him. What a low point.

It's not about emotions. It's reality. Right now he is a .250 college hitter who can't recognize pitches. He is not a 5 tool player if he can't hit near .300 in college.

But he can throw 100 mph. And he could get very wealthy doing that.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
SchizoAg
Texags Meltdown
tjack16
AG
94chem said:

fieldtrailer said:

94chem said:

I hope Werner likes to pitch, cause that's where he has a future.

You have to feel for him. What a low point.

It's not about emotions. It's reality. Right now he is a .250 college hitter who can't recognize pitches. He is not a 5 tool player if he can't hit near .300 in college.

But he can throw 100 mph. And he could get very wealthy doing that.

I am a little surprised we never saw him pitch this year.
aginlakeway
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

We've had good games, we had bad games, but everyone has been fun with all y'all here. Congrats to the team making it to the regional finals, good luck in the future to those graduating, drafted, and those who choose to enter the portal to play elsewhere.

Thank you Lance, Bond_Ag, trouble, jkag89 for all the hard work you do.

Thanks to the regular posters around here for making it a fun season, and all you newbies, I hope you stick around for the off season.

And of course, thank you to the 2023 Fighting Texas Aggie Baseball team and coaching staff.

See y'all on the countdown thread.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Elastrator
Congrats Cards, you earned it. See you all next season.
trouble
AG
Needed him at third too much to let him pitch
RGLAG85
AG
trouble said:

He really helped his draft status tonight. He showed he can be a very good pitcher at the next level.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
It was disheartening to lose our last 2 games to Stanford by a combined score of 20-6, but I am proud of our team for a strong finish all the way to the Stanford Regional. After losing our last two home games to Alabama by a combined score of 23-1 and the first game at Mississippi State, we won our last 2 regular season games. Then, we went 4-2 in the SEC tournament with an 8-3 loss to Vanderbilt in the SEC Championship Game.

What hurts the most about losing the Stanford Regional is that Texas not only beat us 5-2 at Olsen Field, but they also won the Miami Regional. That means Texas already has bragging rights over us. I can only imagine how much crazier that will get if Texas somehow wins the Super Regional in Stanford. I hope Stanford smokes Texas in the Super Regional.
BraxtonW
AG
See you there
Stone Cold
AG
RGLAG85 said:

trouble said:

He really helped his draft status tonight. He showed he can be a very good pitcher at the next level.

Absolutely!!! Great performance by Dett tonight!
12th Man Ag
AG
So, Opening Day is 2/16?
94chem
The short start from Wansing really neutralized the advantage we had in the winner's bracket. From that point on, it just came down to timely hitting, and Stanford had more of it. Way more.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Dark_Knight
AG
Pathetic loss
MagnumLoad
Props to Nathan Dettmer. What a gutty performance, and we give him 1 run. 1 freaking run gave us zero chance. Can't win if we don't put up runs. But when you look at the batting averages it is obvious. We've been a bad hitting club all year. Players that hit last year somehow forgot how. Smoke and mirrors got us this far.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
trouble
AG
I believe so
94chem
Dark_Knight said:

Pathetic loss

Don't forget embarrassing. Those are your 2 favorite words.
94chem,
Big Al 1992
AG
Absolutely cheering for Stanford here on out. They are a good team and very capable of putting a hurting on the sips.
MagnumLoad
I am definitely not pulling for those west coast smart acorns.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
histag10 said:

AvidAggie said:

histag10 said:

Stone Cold said:

histag10 said:

Stone Cold said:

jah003 said:

Dude… we didn't have a starting pitcher win a game for 2 damn months.

Then Yeskie didn't do his job. We started the year as the #5 team with the core of our lineup returning from a team that went to Omaha. I would say we have underachieved this season.

I see you know very little about baseball. Let me help. We greatly overachieved last year. Hell- we are overachieving this year. Pre season rankings don't mean *****

No need to get personal. I know that you're baseball board royalty, but lay off the personal stuff.

1. That wasn't personal. It was a fact
2. You have **** posted about players all night. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

Saying we overachieved isn't a fact. It's an opinion.

Yes- but it is a pretty widely accepted opinion that we overachieved. We weren't supposed to be good last year. We were supposed to be in a rebuilding year (or few).

Saying yeskie didn't do his job, calling for coaches to be fired, and **** talking this whole game is where I gathered my facts that he doesn't know much about baseball. THAT is the fact I was referring to.

" Yes- but it is a pretty widely accepted opinion that we overachieved"

No it isn't, the team started at #5, schloss was very high on this team in preseason talks, the team underachieved. That's a fact.
Dark_Knight
AG
Definitely embarrassing
MagnumLoad
Schlossnagle said this team would go as far as the veterans could take it. The veterans regressed, most did so largely. Sucks

Edited to add that Minnich was an exception, but unlucky with injuries. That hurt.
RED AG 98
AG
Not the way I wanted it to end and hate that I didn't get to watch live tonight until the 8th due to other circumstances. My heart goes out to the seniors and guys that played their last game in Maroon and White tonight. The season didn't go as planned from the start and it was a frustrating season in many regards. But if you showed anything it was that you had a lot of heart and found a new way to win repeatedly.

I'm still giddy over what Schloss is building, the kids that will be back and the new talent coming to Aggieland.

Thanks to all the regulars that make this the best board on TA - Lance, Trouble, jkag89, Sea Pony, BondAg, and all the others I have unintentionally forgotten.
RED AG 98
AG
256 days until Aggie Baseball
Rongagin71
AG
A catcher and two pitchers that we were counting on went poof.
But this team held its own against one of the toughest schedules in the country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.