*****Aggies v. Tennessee SEC Tournament Tuesday*****

69,156 Views | 1030 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
TexAg1987
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tarp coming off. Drying work commencing.
TexasAGGIEinAR
Waiting patiently at O'Hare to see the finish.
McInnis
AG
jkag89 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Nice and cool in the AC.
Baseball in almost always better outdoors than in a domed stadium. Most of the college season is played when the weather is fantastic. Usually a little chilly early, can be sweltering late but overall a dome stadium is just completely unnecessary. Even retractable roof parks are a poor substitute.

I'm glad you added the almost qualifier. August in Houston.
jkag89
Pulled the tarp off the infield. Lot of water on it due to waiting too long to put it down. It is going to take awhile to make it playable.
TAMUallen
AG
They took the tarp off and are working to dry it while it's still raining. Hope the view they showed just made some sprinkles look like rain
Bondag
AG
jkag89
I understand why it is necessary. However it angers me when the roof is closed in April or May and the temps are in the low 80s with low humidity.
Wrecking Crew 21
Who is going to close?
Agdad081216
I heard it that way during the interview. I might have heard wrong. But that's the way I heard it.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Smeghead4761
McInnis said:

jkag89 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Nice and cool in the AC.
Baseball in almost always better outdoors than in a domed stadium. Most of the college season is played when the weather is fantastic. Usually a little chilly early, can be sweltering late but overall a dome stadium is just completely unnecessary. Even retractable roof parks are a poor substitute.

I'm glad you added the almost qualifier. August in Houston.
Seattle pretty much needs the retractable roof due to the super frequent rain. Theirs is kind of neat, in that when it rolls off it actually sits over the rail yard next to the stadium.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Agdad041216 said:

Schlossnagle said a committee member last year said ole miss one and done helped them not having won one losing 2.
I've read this four times and I still don't understand it.
TAM85
Better that Ole Miss went 0-1, than 1-2.
hunter2012
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Schlossnagle said a committee member last year said ole miss one and done helped them not having won one losing 2.
0-1 in tournament is evidently preferred to 1-2, where a team would win the first game and lose the next 2 double elimination games.
75AG
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Me too. English is pretty much my first and only language and I understand every one of those words. Just not in that order.
McInnis
AG
jkag89 said:

I understand why it is necessary. However it angers me when the roof is closed in April or May and the temps are in the low 80s with low humidity.

I'm not old enough to have walked to school barefoot in the snow, but I do remember a game in Colt Stadium!
Agdad081216
During the sec tournament last year ole miss lost their first game. Helping them get into the NCAA tournament. Because they didn't win one and lose 2.
dixichkn
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Rain delays and SEC tourney in Hoover. Name a more iconic duo.
Texas A&M and selection committees
Agdad081216
It was an answer to a previous question.
75AG
AG
Understand that. And now understand what was said.
jkag89
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Me neither. Don't understand how going 1-2 is any worse than going 0-1 especially since the the two losses would come at the hands of teams that should at the very least improve SoS.
jkag89
aginlakeway
AG
I'm going with 630
hunter2012
AG
jkag89 said:

Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Me neither. Don't understand how going 1-2 is any worse than going 0-1 especially since the the two losses would come at the hands of teams that should at the very least improve SoS.
It's the RPI wonkiness that sometimes winning against the wrong team at the right time hurts the metrics vs not playing the games at all.
jkag89
Then the system is flawed and either should be ditched or at the very least not overly relied upon.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
I see we have some time to kill. Let's play Name That Movie. No asking Google, etc. You either know it or you don't.

"Get that corn outta my face!"

Name that movie ... first to answer correctly gets a big bag of nothing.
AggieNattie
Going to suck when those Auburn fans have to watch the first pitch to their game at the crack of dawn.
trouble
AG
Oh come on, make it more difficult

Nacho Libre
socalpoohah
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious said:

I see we have some time to kill. Let's play Name That Movie. No asking Google, etc. You either know it or you don't.

"Get that corn outta my face!"

Name that movie ... first to answer correctly gets a big bag of nothing.

Nacho Libre. One of the greatest movies.
Agsncws
AG
Lots of variables but in simplest term your winning % decreases more by going 1-2 than it does by going 0-1. Also keep in mind it dings you twice because your opponents opponents record (yours) is part of it as well.
Sq 17
Tuesday's games are in someways a playing game so if you lose on Tuesday it's kind of like you never win the tournament anyway might be why people think it's worse to lose on Tuesday and go home
Agdad081216
In the press conference for this game. Around the 6 minute mark Schloss says over the winter a committee member told him the one loss for ole miss was better than 1 win and 2 losses. I went back and listened again.

Why? Idk.
TAMUallen
AG
That field still looked pretty wet!
jkag89
Radar shows no rain. It looks to be a matter of how long it takes to get the field ready to play.
jkag89
trouble said:

Oh come on, make it more difficult

Nacho Libre
I didn't have a clue but I'm sure my nephews would have known instantly.
John Cocktolstoy
Second Hardest Workin Man on Texags

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.