*****Aggies v. Tennessee SEC Tournament Tuesday*****

69,170 Views | 1030 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess I should try to get some work in since this looks to be a rather long delay.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Stupid work happened so I'm trying to catch up.

Did wansing seriously throw 8 complete? That's amazing
Sharpshooter
AG
hunter2012 said:

MROD92 said:

hunter2012 said:

If there's a positive about the horns coming in, they'll whine and b*tch and we'll probably get a SEC tournament in Dallas or Houston at some point in the future if it's not moved there permanently. Considering both MLB teams in Texas have covered roofs now and at minimum it makes sense. Weather is 0 concern for the Rangers now.

Respectfully, there is NOTHING positive about tu
I would count a SEC tournament in Arlington to be a positive.Regardless don't forget that the rest of the SEC sold us out for the sips and their gimps(ou). SO Ef Snakey and all the worm ADs that made it happen. So I hope the sips poison this conference faster than they did the big 12. Hopefully we can stay in our next conference for more than a decade before the sips join.
NM.
75AG
AG
jkag89 said:

I guess I should try to get some work in since this looks to be a rather long delay.

Guess I'll start on my "I'm retired Tuesday afternoon whisky drink".
billydean05
Dallas was not nearly as good a location as Oklahoma City for the Big 12 baseball tournament. I have been to both. So many great restaurants and good lodging within walking distance of Bricktown not anything like that in Dallas. Also dead atmosphere compared to OKC. That being said Hoover is just simply a central location. Ballpark not well maintained and very limited dining options. Logistically though Hoover does do a great job with parking and getting you in and out of the ballpark.
RED AG 98
AG
Bricktown is legit an amazing location for a tournament. One of the very best and no doubt the very best thing about the B12. Never been to Hoover but mostly because so many people say it's a bust...
trouble
AG
jkag89 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Nice and cool in the AC.
Baseball in almost always better outdoors than in a domed stadium. Most of the college season is played when the weather is fantastic. Usually a little chilly early, can be sweltering late but overall a dome stadium is just completely unnecessary. Even retractable roof parks are a poor substitute.

Amen!
Aggie1188
Gyles Marrett said:

Aggie1188 said:

Schloss said in his presser yesterday that someone told him last year that 14-16 Ole Miss might not have got into a regional if they had gone 1-2 instead of 0-1 in Hoover. But that sounded like a theory from another coach rather than evidence-based.
If that is true (not that Schloss said it, but the theory) my brain is doing serious gymnastics trying to comprehend that logic.
the big difference is Ole Miss had a good pre-conference record whereas we had more non-Power5 losses than is comfortable with our conf record.
jkag89
Yep, the only baserunner was a one out single in the 6th. A few scorched balls but only one needed an expectational effort to field.
Adam87inSA
AG
I still cannot get over ZERO walks from Wansing thru 8 full.

Just incredible.
histag10
AG
Random semi related question..

So tu always gets mad that we call them tu, right? Think we can get the whole SEC to do it, considering we already have an orange UT?
aginlakeway
AG
Aggie1188 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

Aggie1188 said:

Schloss said in his presser yesterday that someone told him last year that 14-16 Ole Miss might not have got into a regional if they had gone 1-2 instead of 0-1 in Hoover. But that sounded like a theory from another coach rather than evidence-based.
If that is true (not that Schloss said it, but the theory) my brain is doing serious gymnastics trying to comprehend that logic.
After watching this Ole Miss baseball championship docu during our rain delay, the big difference is Ole Miss had a good pre-conference record and were even ranked #1 at some point before SEC play. Whereas we needed a win for blanket-security's sake thanks to some bad midweek losses.

Who thinks we need this game to get in? Everyone has said we're in regardless.
Biggame12
AG
MROD92 said:

hunter2012 said:

If there's a positive about the horns coming in, they'll whine and b*tch and we'll probably get a SEC tournament in Dallas or Houston at some point in the future if it's not moved there permanently. Considering both MLB teams in Texas have covered roofs now and at minimum it makes sense. Weather is 0 concern for the Rangers now.

Respectfully, there is NOTHING positive about tu
**** the tsips
dermdoc
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Bricktown is legit an amazing location for a tournament. One of the very best and no doubt the very best thing about the B12. Never been to Hoover but mostly because so many people say it's a bust...

Bricktown and the Big 12 baseball tourney are the only things I miss about the Big 12.

And I would be happy with Birmingham. Nice minor leave park and a decent downtown. And easy to get to.

And rotate in Minute Maid and Globe Life.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
75AG said:

jkag89 said:

Or whiskey, depends on what you are drinking. Which country is it from?
jkag89
trouble said:

jkag89 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Nice and cool in the AC.
Baseball in almost always better outdoors than in a domed stadium. Most of the college season is played when the weather is fantastic. Usually a little chilly early, can be sweltering late but overall a dome stadium is just completely unnecessary. Even retractable roof parks are a poor substitute.

Amen!
I love that the Astros have MM but I enjoy a day at the park is far more at Olsen Field or at Constellation Field in Sugar Land even if it is a little muggy or I need to break out the sun screen or Off.
RED AG 98
AG
I think KR has mentioned Nashville as well, which could be a lot of fun.
dermdoc
AG
jkag89 said:

trouble said:

jkag89 said:

Agdad041216 said:

Nice and cool in the AC.

Amen!
I love that the Astros have MM but I enjoy a day at the park is far more at Olsen Field or at Constellation Field in Sugar Land even if it is a little muggy or I need to break out the sun screen or Off.

I like walking distance hotels when I do not have my parking at
Olsen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TAMUallen
AG
Any idea on when we will finish??
jkag89
75AG said:

jkag89 said:

You notice all the work I'm getting done.
75AG
AG
Scotland. The proper spelling.
Biggame12
AG
TAMUallen said:

In rainy Hoover?? Probably Thursday
aginlakeway
AG
TAMUallen said:

If radar is right, after 5. Or later.
TexAg1987
TAMUallen said:

Hopefully not long after we start, although I would like some insurance runs.
75AG
AG
The ONLY correct answer!
BenFiasco14
AG
Rain delays and SEC tourney in Hoover. Name a more iconic duo.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
histag10
Biggame12
AG
Struggling to occupy my time here at the ranch…
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
dermdoc said:

RED AG 98 said:

Bricktown and the Big 12 baseball tourney are the only things I miss about the Big 12.

And I would be happy with Birmingham. Nice minor leave park and a decent downtown. And easy to get to.

And rotate in Minute Maid and Globe Life.

The only thing I miss about the Big 12 was the baseball tournament in OKC. I lived in OKC during the last 2 years that A&M was in the Big 12. It is an awesome atmosphere, and Bricktown was a fun place to go drinking after the game.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
Bondag
AG

LouisHerbertWong
AG
Just call the game for us. UT deserves that.
RED AG 98
AG
MAMMOTH
Agdad081216
Schlossnagle said a committee member last year said ole miss one and done helped them not having won one losing 2.
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
htxag09
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Just call the game for us. UT deserves that.
I understand it's the final tournament so you finish it out....

But kind of surprised they wouldn't. By making the teams play (hopefully) one more inning of this game it'll push every other game today back an hour....
aginlakeway
AG
Agdad041216 said:

Schlossnagle said a committee member last year said ole miss one and done helped them not having won one losing 2.

A committee member told him that?. I heard differently. And that it was a theory.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.