*****Aggies v. Tennessee SEC Tournament Tuesday*****

69,173 Views | 1030 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 94chem
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there's a positive about the horns coming in, they'll whine and b*tch and we'll probably get a SEC tournament in Dallas or Houston at some point in the future if it's not moved there permanently. Considering both MLB teams in Texas have covered roofs now and at minimum it makes sense. Weather is 0 concern for the Rangers now.
Agdad081216
That's what I'm talking about
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
dabo man
AG
MLB teams with natural grass do not want a college tournament played on their field during the MLB season. Houston is out. Maybe at The Hibachi, but I would hate to see that. I think a AAA ballpark would be ideal (no help with the rain though).
Bondag
AG
cypress-ag said:

I'd like to see it rotate through some of the home stadiums in the SEC. Does it give that team an advantage that is hosting, sure, but most of the facilities in the SEC are the best in the country.
Dorms are empty this time of year anyways!
jkag89
cypress-ag said:

I'd like to see it rotate through some of the home stadiums in the SEC. Does it give that team an advantage that is hosting, sure, but most of the facilities in the SEC are the best in the country.
The smaller leagues still do this but this is all but gone in this era of college ball.

With about half the SEC schools always being in the mix to host, this really isn't an option. Lots of games in less than a week is hard on fields. Don't want a less than optimal field for Regionals and Supers if you are a host.
EMY92
AG
hunter2012 said:

If there's a positive about the horns coming in, they'll whine and b*tch and we'll probably get a SEC tournament in Dallas or Houston at some point in the future if it's not moved there permanently. Considering both MLB teams in Texas have covered roofs now and at minimum it makes sense. Weather is 0 concern for the Rangers now.
I think Arlington is an artificial turf, so it might work. I guaranty that the Astros don't want a tournament on their grass field after the season starts. This field will be torn up by Sunday.
trouble
AG
jkag89 said:

trouble said:

Holy balls, Troy is having a ****ing day!

And of course, delay as I get back in the car
You need to warn us if you might not be around for the Shades on Sixth. The inning was over before my feeble mind realized it or I would have done it for you.

I didn't realize I wasn't going to have signal. I literally parked at the end of 5 and then couldn't post. I know not that there's nothing out there
Agdad081216
All the more reason for Aggie Dome over Olsen Field at BB Park
pasquale
AG
dabo man said:

MLB teams with natural grass do not want a college tournament played on their field during the MLB season. Houston is out. Maybe at The Hibachi, but I would hate to see that. I think a AAA ballpark would be ideal (no help with the rain though).

Minute Maid has concerts during baseball. If they pay they will play there.
ensign_beedrill
AG
dixichkn said:

aginlakeway said:

RED AG 98 said:

damn; horrible timing

Disagree. I'd prefer B9 be played in better conditions. And Wansing was done regardless.
Yeah but you don't ever mess with Big Mo. Regardless whether he was done or not

Now watch them regroup

Exactly this. We're only up by three. This is the sort of thing that can be a momentum changer.
trouble
AG
dabo man said:

All the Cajuns I knew growing up played Bourre.
I can still play.
dabo man
AG
Moving everything to Dallas went over well enough with all of the old Big 8 schools, no?!? Not even in the conference yet, and we're already discussing what Bevo will do to try to blow up the SEC.
dermdoc
AG
What a start by Wansing.

Been watching on my cell with my patients. Only theee more to see so should get to see the end.

I have Aschenbeck and Will warm. And maybe even Garcia.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PFlat
AG
dabo man said:

Moving everything to Dallas went over well enough with all of the old Big 8 schools, no?!? Not even in the conference yet, and we're already discussing what Bevo will do to try to blow up the SEC.
thats bc we all know thats what they do
aginlakeway
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

dixichkn said:

aginlakeway said:

RED AG 98 said:

damn; horrible timing

Disagree. I'd prefer B9 be played in better conditions. And Wansing was done regardless.
Yeah but you don't ever mess with Big Mo. Regardless whether he was done or not

Now watch them regroup

Exactly this. We're only up by three. This is the sort of thing that can be a momentum changer.

So why can't it change the momentum for our bats?
75AG
AG
Just what I want. My doc burning off my warts while watching baseball.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
Agdad041216 said:

All the more reason for Aggie Dome over Olsen Field at BB Park

Assume this was tongue in cheek but all sorts of nope!
TexAg1987
Who is the commentator on the left on the SEC broadcast?

***EDIT**** Mark Ethridge

aginlakeway
AG
If radar is right, we may not start before 5.
Agdad081216
I'm right with you. Our guys are doing great. Let 'em bat!!! And Score. BTHO ut!!!
jkag89
75AG said:

Just what I want. My doc burning off my warts while watching baseball.
C'mon. It is not like Derm is performing open heart surgery.
Divining Rod
Quote:

Not even in the conference yet, and we're already discussing what Bevo will do to try to blow up the SEC.

Yeah, we're acting like a 100 years of history actually mean something....
Agdad081216
Nice and cool in the AC.
Sharpshooter
AG
Let's get this game up and running.. My Single Malt is catching up with me. Wish to watch the conclusion.
dabo man
AG
Be careful. Malt liquor can be rough.
dixichkn
AG
TexAg1987 said:

Some "expert" from D1 Baseball fluffing up the SEC
Sharpshooter
AG
dabo man said:

Be careful. Malt liquor can be rough.

jkag89
The SEC has put a bunch of money into Hoover. Most fan bases like it there because it is relatively close. While they might be OK with a new location in a the middle of the SEC footprint, they'll not be OK with one on the western edge even with t.u. and OU coming into the league.
MROD92
hunter2012 said:

Respectfully, there is NOTHING positive about tu
TexAg1987
dixichkn said:

TexAg1987 said:

Some "expert" from D1 Baseball fluffing up the SEC
Found it: Mark Ethridge - D1 baseball
Agdad081216
Yes because bammy lsu ole piss piss state fans would have to travel.
Sgt. Schultz
AG
There are quite a few very good MILB parks in the SEC footprint....Pensacola, Nashville, Sugar Land, Corpus Christi, Springdale, etc... Just rotate hosting the the tournament.
I know NOTHING!!!!
jkag89
Agdad041216 said:

Nice and cool in the AC.
Baseball in almost always better outdoors than in a domed stadium. Most of the college season is played when the weather is fantastic. Usually a little chilly early, can be sweltering late but overall a dome stadium is just completely unnecessary. Even retractable roof parks are a poor substitute.
jkag89
MROD92 said:

hunter2012 said:

Exactly. If sippie would want it, I'd be against it.
hunter2012
AG
MROD92 said:

hunter2012 said:

I would count a SEC tournament in Arlington to be a positive.Regardless don't forget that the rest of the SEC sold us out for the sips and their gimps(ou). SO Ef Snakey and all the worm ADs that made it happen. So I hope the sips poison this conference faster than they did the big 12. Hopefully we can stay in our next conference for more than a decade before the sips join.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.