Softball Coach Update

136,423 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgBQ-00
KBAGOLFER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any update on the travel ball or transfer side of who we are bringing in. I believe Coach Ford will put together an amazing roster and I'm trying to run down any new Ags, but at this time I haven't seen any new additions and the only subtraction is Torres.

So let me help out the casual fans. A&M only had 18 players on the roster last year that is 4 less than most D-1 teams.

Pointer- Used all Eligibility, I believe
Torres- In the Portal

So NO MATTER WHAT, A&M softball will look to add at least 6 new players. A&M signed 5 players in 2023 recruiting class. So at the very least A&M will add 1 transfer. I'll go on record and say they will add at least 3 and will have 3 more players hit the transfer portal. IMO if Coach Ford and A&M could get 3-4 of AZ STATE'S transfers or recruiting class then we're contending for OKC next year, and hosting at least a Regional
KayakBassAngling
Belton Ag
AG
I don't have any info but sounds like Agdad77 alluded to one of more of the Lee/Herzog/Smith trio transferring out.

As with any of these coaching changes, I'd expect more transfers in and out over the next month or two.
ashleymac
I'm not well educated in the rules of the portal, however, I've seen other places where July 1st is the deadline. Is that correct?

If so - will we know more on our around that July 1st deadline?
Belton Ag
AG
ashleymac said:

I'm not well educated in the rules of the portal, however, I've seen other places where July 1st is the deadline. Is that correct?

If so - will we know more on our around that July 1st deadline?
I think July 1st is the spring sports deadline for athletes to enter the portal, so we'll know by then if their names are in the portal or not.
rhp
AG

[url=https://twitter.com/ExtraInningSB][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/ExtraInningSB][/url]@ExtraInningSB
[url=https://twitter.com/ExtraInningSB][/url]

BREAKING: Craig Snider (@Coach_SniderSB) is the new head coach of
@TexasTechSB
ashleymac
Realistically do we think any of our girls will follow Snider to Tech?
rhp
AG
No
jt2hunt
AG
ashleymac said:

Realistically do we think any of our girls will follow Snider to Tech?

Great question
greg.w.h
AG
rhp said:

BREAKING…

KBAGOLFER
Torres??? Herzog followed him once??? Dack had a monster year with him, closer to CO. Macy, as well, those are few I could see moving on. You never know though in these days and times I honestly don't know who Ford wants to keep and who she wants to bring in, but I hope she brings in finishers!!!
KayakBassAngling
hipnix
FYI the Mary Nutter teams have been announced...

https://marynutterclassic.files.wordpress.com/2022/06/teams-list-23-6-20-22_001-2.jpg
Aggie*_86
AG
hipnix said:

FYI the Mary Nutter teams have been announced...

Mary Nutter is a fun trip, been a couple times. A&M vs ASU could be juicy...
Aggie*_86
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Torres??? Herzog followed him once??? Dack had a monster year with him, closer to CO. Macy, as well, those are few I could see moving on. You never know though in these days and times I honestly don't know who Ford wants to keep and who she wants to bring in, but I hope she brings in finishers!!!
I think moving from A&M and the SEC to a Big 12 and Tech that won't have tu and OU in it could be a tough sell for big names like Dak (I hope). We will see...
KBAGOLFER
Our tournament season isn't cupcakes anymore. We actually are going to go see where we stack up to the east to west. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!
KayakBassAngling
Artimus Gordon
AG

Wooahhhh
AG

Interesting note on the Duke HC losing her staff. It will be a good follow to see who she picks up and how she does.

Note - Justin McLeod is a good twitter follow. Lots of good info.
He says Sandercock (P) and Muffley (SS) are coming back as Super Seniors for FSU. I bet Lonnie knew that when she was interviewing in Aggieland.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Cayden Baker is in the portal
Aggie*_86
AG
SeenNotHeard said:

Cayden Baker is in the portal
not surprising, gonna have to run off 3-4 probably. Good kid but have to lose a few.
cevans_40
AG
The rich get richer
KBAGOLFER
No recruiting news anywhere in Aggie Athletics is not good news…

Thank goodness I'll get lost in the Schloss very soon
KayakBassAngling
ashleymac
At what point do we get concerned about the lack of announcements regarding incoming transfers?
cevans_40
AG
ashleymac said:

At what point do we get concerned about the lack of announcements regarding incoming transfers?

Another month or so
KBAGOLFER
Transfer needs to me…
Pitching
Centerfield

The hitting and all that is ABSOLUTELY 100% already here.

Give me Emily K with Ford coaching her, and two more pitchers

and that's a wrap
KayakBassAngling
SeenNotHeard
AG
I feel like Bri Warren will be back and ready to lock down centerfield.
BigBubbaAggie82
KBAGOLFER said:

No recruiting news anywhere in Aggie Athletics is not good news…

Thank goodness I'll get lost in the Schloss very soon

With the portal entry deadline rapidly approaching I think we'll possibly see some activity within the next couple of weeks. Deadline for Spring sports is July 1. I would look to see spots filing up shortly after that.
Colt98
AG
Warren is not a center fielder...
yell_on_6th st
AG
Is the field like the same size as little league? Seems tiny
SM_Ag
Colt98 said:

I agree, she isn't a center fielder. More if a right fielder and could spot of Morgan Smith, not sure what she is doing. There is an incoming freshman, Keely Williams, center fielder from Converse Judson who plays for Bombers National Gold Team that can flat out swing it and play great defense. She has a ton of power but can also really run. Covers lots of ground in the outfield. She should see playing time right away.
KBAGOLFER
SM_Ag said:

Colt98 said:

I agree, she isn't a center fielder. More if a right fielder and could spot of Morgan Smith, not sure what she is doing. There is an incoming freshman, Keely Williams, center fielder from Converse Judson who plays for Bombers National Gold Team that can flat out swing it and play great defense. She has a ton of power but can also really run. Covers lots of ground in the outfield. She should see playing time right away.

Nuggets, this is Unbelievable information. Anyone know about the pitcher coming from CO?
KayakBassAngling
Colt98
AG
Our center fielder has to have the mentality to run through walls to catch a ball. We haven't one one like that in a long time. Warren is a great player, with great offensive skills. She needs to be our right fielder.
aggiebrad94
AG
A simple request - since the Softball Coach information has been updated sufficiently, can you fine folks start a softball player, off season moves thread?
KBAGOLFER
aggiebrad94 said:

A simple request - since the Softball Coach information has been updated sufficiently, can you fine folks start a softball player, off season moves thread?

Softball Coaches aren't finalized yet, we have one more and a Director of operations still to name. Once that's done. The traffic will tell us what to do. So far all the softball junkies post everything under this thread.

You are more than welcome to start a thread, and there is nothing stopping you, kind sir
KayakBassAngling
dodger02
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Done

Softball roster changes thread
Aggie*_86
AG
Colt98 said:

Our center fielder has to have the mentality to run through walls to catch a ball. We haven't one one like that in a long time. Warren is a great player, with great offensive skills. She needs to be our right fielder.
In my opinion, Erica Russell was that type of CF but that has been awhile since she played.
Colt98
AG
Kelby was solid out there too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.