Softball Coach Update

136,340 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgBQ-00
Aggie*_86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Colt98 said:

Kelby was solid out there too.
VERY solid but Erica was the "run through the wall" type outfielder OP described.
91AggieLawyer
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

SinKiller said:

rhp said:

It goes on in soccer (men & women) too.
One of our coaches told me once after he yanked a pitcher, he went back to the dugout and had a text from the pitchers Mom. She wanted to know why he pulled the daughter, bs of course, but the thing is she wasn't even at the tournament. She was getting updates via ipad at home.

Parents get pissed at scorekeepers, "that's a hit, right?"...Thats after 3B bobbles its 3 times...

I had a pitcher and family leave our program in our 2nd game of a National Qualifier. We were up like 9-0 she gives up 3 runs loads the bases nobody out. I go get her and put in another pitcher and their response was they grabbed her bag and asked her to come on, "It's time to leave we're not wanted here…" lol, said basically good riddance

That team qualified for Nationals and at Nationals played in front of oh I'd say 30 of the top D-1 coaches in America. I'm no longer coaching but still have my connections in the game. It's crazy out there. The "ME" mentality teams don't get as far as the "WE" mentality teams, it's just crazy…

So all these coaches on here talking about bad parents, I'm hope you all treat the officials with total respect, right?

No? Different situation? How so?

Love to hear this rationalization.
hillcountryag86
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

KBAGOLFER said:

SinKiller said:

rhp said:

It goes on in soccer (men & women) too.
One of our coaches told me once after he yanked a pitcher, he went back to the dugout and had a text from the pitchers Mom. She wanted to know why he pulled the daughter, bs of course, but the thing is she wasn't even at the tournament. She was getting updates via ipad at home.

Parents get pissed at scorekeepers, "that's a hit, right?"...Thats after 3B bobbles its 3 times...

I had a pitcher and family leave our program in our 2nd game of a National Qualifier. We were up like 9-0 she gives up 3 runs loads the bases nobody out. I go get her and put in another pitcher and their response was they grabbed her bag and asked her to come on, "It's time to leave we're not wanted here…" lol, said basically good riddance

That team qualified for Nationals and at Nationals played in front of oh I'd say 30 of the top D-1 coaches in America. I'm no longer coaching but still have my connections in the game. It's crazy out there. The "ME" mentality teams don't get as far as the "WE" mentality teams, it's just crazy…

So all these coaches on here talking about bad parents, I'm hope you all treat the officials with total respect, right?

No? Different situation? How so?

Love to hear this rationalization.

Assume much, lawyer?
Wooahhhh
AG
91AggieLawyer: I learned in HS ball, you get thrown out, you're fired. It costs the school $500, it costs you $250 and you have to take anger management classes. Hell, I know most of the good ones anyway. So yes, it took 15 or so years, but I've learned my lessons like most others.

I tend to focus on the 3B coaches box for all of the $0.25 cent hitting lessons after every pitch.

On a serious note: Marissa Young the HC at Duke, who lost her entire staff to promotions this offseason, hired Sydney Romero as one of her assistants. Young is going to make a great name for herself.
AgBQ-00
AG
Good interview on TexAgs Radio right now with Coach Ford

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.