Softball Coach Update

136,354 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgBQ-00
KBAGOLFER
How long do you want to ignore this user?
100% our coach is still coaching right now.

Kenny G
Walton
Pete

Hmmm
KayakBassAngling
greg.w.h
AG
So…not an update. No information. No news. 100% speculation?
Colt98
AG
Really like Pete. Think it will be Lonnie, don't really want Walton, although it would be a nice upgrade, if he'd keep Craig.
Lance in Round Mountain
AG
AgDad77
AG
Wrong!!
sharpdressedman
Lance in Round Mountain said:

Disappointing. He was my favorite. I think we can be sure that the new coach is still at work elsewhere. With a year to do a great deal, Bjork is surely just waiting to make the announcement.
Outlaw0206
AG
Damn just saw Kenny got extended. Man I was hoping it was him.
AgDad77
AG
LONNIE - FOR THE WIN!!!!

LOL
KBAGOLFER
Lonnie would be done deal already, unless Bjork has some fun and drops it during a game at the WCWS

WALTON/Pete are my new guesses. Kenny G owes me some money getting him a raise from Michelle Smith and Boone
LatinAggie1997
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Lonnie would be done deal already, unless Bjork has some fun and drops it during a game at the WCWS

WALTON/Pete are my new guesses. Kenny G owes me some money getting him a raise from Michelle Smith and Boone

Why would Alameda be a done deal already, because the team is done?
We save $50k on her buyout if we wait until July 2.
greg.w.h
AG
$50K on a $28.6 million investment is a rounding error…

https://12thman.com/facilities/davis-diamond/50
agaus01
I don't think the money making matching that is our athletic department is sweating 50k!
AgDad77
AG
Lonnie - Tuesday or Wednesday probably is my guess.

Will be a HUGE get!!

Another Jimbo/Schloss type hire

Fingers Crossed!!!

rocketman1806
Forgive me, what school is Lonnie at?
Lemmys Rickenbacker
KBAGOLFER said:

The job has to be posted for a certain number of days per state law so it still could be her. Thanks
AgDad77
AG
Florida State

I think it's 5 days that it has to be listed
TrackFan
Aggie1188
TrackFan said:

eh, nobody cares.
Gap
AG
Alameda apparently has notified everyone that she is staying at Florida St. Does that close the book and we move onto another candidate or will we make another run at Alameda?
BrokenLFarms
S
Book closed. She is comfortable at FSU to the point that accepting a Top 3 job offer like the Texas A&M job was not enough.
Great for her IMO!

On to the next….
Quickly
FTAG 2000
AG
Gap said:

Alameda apparently has notified everyone that she is staying at Florida St. Does that close the book and we move onto another candidate or will we make another run at Alameda?

Book was never open.
BQ_90
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Gap said:

Book was never open.
Then why did she make a trip to college station and meet with the AD
BrokenLFarms
S
Exactly.

Two trips actually, the second being on her own to explore even more.
So yes, the Book WAS as open as it gets.
Just did not work out in the end.

frenchtoast
Did they not tell her about our resources?
FTAG 2000
AG
BQ_90 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Gap said:

Book was never open.
Then why did she make a trip to college station and meet with the AD

To get herself a raise
BQ_90
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

BQ_90 said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Gap said:

Book was never open.
Then why did she make a trip to college ^station and meet with the AD

To get herself a raise
She didn't need to do that to get a raise, all she had to do is tell her AD she has another offer
sharpdressedman
If Bjork is still without a high-profile hire in his pocket after a year of recruiting time, he may be in danger of a huge fail.
LatinAggie1997
AG
sharpdressedman said:

If Bjork is still without a high-profile hire in his pocket after a year of recruiting time, he may be in danger of a huge fail.

The last major travel ball tournaments are starting first week of July ... we need an announcement before then!
AgDad77
AG
Without being able to land Lonnie now - we shot for the moon as we should have - she is one of the Big Dogs along with Walton - Kenny - Murphy.

I dont want to see us settle for a next tier down when we have a possible rising star right here already in Snyder.

He could very well be the next

Lonnie
Walton
Kenny G
Murphy

There is nobody better than him as a hitting coach or a recruiter in the country - some as good but none better!!

The majority of those kids at Florida State he got there.
The talent that we have gotten here - he got here.
We missed on some kids because of the coaching situation that has been here - not because of him.
Our kids love him!!

Just my opinion - LOL
Techdady
Hiring a devil ( male coach ) you know, ( Snyder ) better than hiring a devil ( male coach) you don't know. P Murph, Walton, etc. It's what Georgia did, and Tony Baldwin had NO head coaching experience anywhere in any sport.
AgDad77
AG
LoL - very well put!!
AWP 97
AG
LatinAggie1997 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Why would Alameda be a done deal already, because the team is done?
We save $50k on her buyout if we wait until July 2.

I think the opportunity cost of waiting a month to get started would be worth paying the extra $50k.
cs69ag
AG
I think our top choices used us to get raises and extensions where they are....not unusual at all.
AgDad77
AG
We dont wait for 50K!

There are kids in the portal that we want and they need an answer well before that!!

You are correct!
Artimus Gordon
AG
In regard to Snider, who knows how good he could be or maybe he is just another like Laura "bird" Kuhn. A ballyhooed assistant, great at recruiting, but as an HC can't keep her recruits and hasn't been anything but mediocre. Do we really want to go down that road again? I don't think so! Too much risk and in three years the program will be what we experienced the last 3 years under Jo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.