Softball Coach Update

136,386 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgBQ-00
Rambotx
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Interesting podcast discussion.
hipnix
Aggie02
AG
Any chance any of her current players follow her? There is a good pitcher from Denton that is currently in their roster. I would love to see her transfer and join her here.
Wabs
AG
Rambotx said:

They seem to be pretty upset that's she's leaving.
ftworthag02
AG
their best sports are softball and triathlon? Sucks to the a asu fan.
KBAGOLFER
Facts:
Trisha is a PAC 12 COY 2x in 5 season of coaching in PAC 12
She has had amazing coaches wherever she's been
She's recruited HER PLAYERS, not rankings
Players love her
KayakBassAngling
Gigemchicken90
AG
Can we at least wait till she gets the contract signed and on the recruiting trail to start criticizing? Some of these comments are crazy.
'90
Wabs
AG
Colt98
AG
If you haven't wTvhed the pod cast do. It's worth it to see what her firmer people thought of her
KBAGOLFER
ftworthag02 said:

Golf team is legit too
KayakBassAngling
aggiedrjdub
AG
Incredible hire. Great job by Ross and staff!
KBAGOLFER
Wabs said:

Rambotx said:

They seem to be pretty upset that's she's leaving.

This is the truth and facts I'm trying to tell ALL AGGIES ABOUT COACH FORD!!!
KayakBassAngling
ftworthag02
sportsfreak1975
One of their other boards says that she is bringing her staff with her. Wonder if there is any truth to that.
Rambotx
Hope Coach Ford can use a few pages from Coach Schlossnagle's play book. He has done an excellent job in getting his program established this year at TAMU.
aggiedad55
AG
Welcome to Aggieland Coach Ford!
Aggie*_86
AG
ftworthag02 said:

just triathlon now...
Tailgate88
AG

This one starts at 31:30. @Shawn_DePaz things we suck, we're a cult, and we're weirdos, in case anyone wants to light him up on Twitter.
Sean98
AG
nereus said:

Three Twenties and A Ten said:

I don't know the details of this hiring so I'm not necessarily talking about this one in particular, but my general expectation is we are going to shoot big and sometime land those big fish but the opportunity isn't always going to be there every time we have a job opening. There are plenty of examples of other big name programs in other sports that have the resources and money but weren't able to land their top choices at times either. We have the resources and AD to do it more than most, but it is just something that just can't be done every time.

It isn't, but when we don't land "THE" target, I'm glad we don't generally go for an older retread. If it's a *meh* hire to finish out his golden years, or a riskier one on the next up-n-comer, I'll take that 2nd choice every time. Since we're talking ASU I'll use that as a reference. If ASU was hiring a football coach and your A-1 choice turned you down.. then you were left with taking the Hot young coordinator who had never been a head coach or Herm Edwards...?? I'd want the hot-young coordinator that might be the next Lincoln Riley instead of the weird old uncle who is going to fail and probably get you in trouble along the way.

So at 44 Coach Ford has a chance to coach at A&M for a long time. and as a 2x Pac12 COY she's far from an unproven commodity. I know nothing about these coaches, their personalities but this feels like a damn solid hire.
SinKiller
KBAGOLFER said:

SinKiller said:

cevans_40 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

cevans_40 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

cevans_40 said:

Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

cevans_40 said:

rugger74 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

I go back to Ross hiring Gerrod Chadwell, not an earth shattering hire, up and comer, coach of the year AAC. What I remember was the recruiter he was and is and talking about a great place to raise children. Aggieland is a special place and one The Ford family will love and embrace.

I'm going to get a little poignant right now though with all on here in this thread. Coach Ford has recruited at a HIGHER LEVEL THAN tu, and the apologists saying she is not as good of hire as him is flat out ridiculous. That dude is making his 1st trip to the WCWS and they got hot at the right time is the only way they got there because they underperformed during the regular season not even getting a host site.
Where as Ford got a 8 National seed. tu coach had 0 ties to Texas before he got here. This lady is as good as pitching coach as he is and will put a better product on the field too. So stop with the underwhelming and what not. Just because she wasn't on our radar, mine included doesn't mean we're not getting an amazing coach.

I'll be at the press conference when she's introduced and will 100% be supporting her, please join me in texting your select contacts to look at A and B coaches side by side one being 10 years younger and look at the rsums

Gig Em'
I thought the tu coach was in the series alot with Oregon. Did you mean while at tu?

There are so many holes to blow in his claims but I am just gonna let it be. Mike White was/is a big time hire for the sips, as much as it pains me to say. I hope that Coach Ford can out-recruit him in Texas because he kicked her rear end with regularity when they were in the PAC 12 together.

So you are calling someone out for accuracy, White and Ford only had two seasons when they were each on the PAC, so routinely kicking her rear is not accurate

Well when you consider he was 2 for 2, that's about as regular as it gets. Dude has also been to the WCWS more times than not in the last decade. Something not many others can claim.

You know how many loses he had his last year at Oregon 10

Know his record in PAC 12 that year 21-3

Finished what in the PAC 12- 1st

Ford this year finished w/ 11 loses

Know her record in PAC 12-20-4

Finished what in the PAC 12-1st

OK, cool. She got bounced in a regional while White is about to make the championship series. I don't want this to be the case but we have better history and facilities but we couldn't hire a coach with a better pedigree. She may very well go on to be better than White (I will certainly be rooting for her) but to claim she is at his level currently is insane.

His level. again last two years he's been a 12 seed and not seeded, Ford a 15 and and 8 seed, pump the brakes on the insane stuff just facts

She's also done it in a conference with more than two good teams.

Good news is we'll play them next year and start settling on the field again

We talking about the last 2 years where White has gone to the supers and is now playing for the national championship vs. Fords regional and super regional?
White has gone to a Super Regional 12/13 years, the only miss was because of Covid. This guy is a top 3 coach, how anyone can think this guy is just some schmoe, is beyond me.

Dude is a stud, but he's not above reproach like you make him out to be AGAIN,

Last two years
#12 seed, Hosted in 21' Regional
No Seed- No Host in 22'

In CWCS great but tu would like to have them in front of their home fans

Seeding be damned. How many active softball coaches have gone to a Super Regional every year? That's not a long list. He's played to go to the CWS every year, do that here and you're getting a statue.
Aggie1188
greg.w.h said:

The Chinook deal depends on players' discount code producing commission. It is a very transparent method for allowing an athlete to use social influence to generate cash. I imagine these kinds of deals fly through compliance in a fairly straightforward manner because it requires a certain amount of savviness by the athlete to generate sales.

But I doubt it is highly remunerative unless Chinook is doing ads to promote the athletes. I don't know.
sounds like something that produces dozens of dollars for the athletes.
Aggie1188
DTP02 said:

SpartanAg1618 said:

DTP02 said:

2x conference COY in 5 years in a great conference says something about her coaching ability. On a less coaching-relevant note, she's married to a man and is a mom, so that's different and a plus in my book. Also probably leads to quicker and deeper community connection and roots, regardless of your feelings re her preferences.

Wow, we are going to be so good because the new coach has sex with a man…. What a dumb thing to say. Completely irrelevant.

First, you mischaracterized what I said completely in your haste to virtue signal. The only one who said "the dumb thing to say" was you, because that wasn't anything close to what I said.

As to what I did say, it may be completely irrelevant to you (but I question if that's even accurate, given the knee-jerk reactionary tenor of your response) , but it's not to a lot of people, including myself. Given the traditional family values and heavy Christian presence in the Aggie community, it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise.
You are the one virtue-signaling, goofy. And being Christian doesn't matter either. I get you're a teenager in the head but it don't matter either. Ffs
Aggie1188
cevans_40 said:

_mpaul said:

cevans_40 said:

_mpaul said:

rugger74 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

I go back to Ross hiring Gerrod Chadwell, not an earth shattering hire, up and comer, coach of the year AAC. What I remember was the recruiter he was and is and talking about a great place to raise children. Aggieland is a special place and one The Ford family will love and embrace.

I'm going to get a little poignant right now though with all on here in this thread. Coach Ford has recruited at a HIGHER LEVEL THAN tu, and the apologists saying she is not as good of hire as him is flat out ridiculous. That dude is making his 1st trip to the WCWS and they got hot at the right time is the only way they got there because they underperformed during the regular season not even getting a host site.
Where as Ford got a 8 National seed. tu coach had 0 ties to Texas before he got here. This lady is as good as pitching coach as he is and will put a better product on the field too. So stop with the underwhelming and what not. Just because she wasn't on our radar, mine included doesn't mean we're not getting an amazing coach.

I'll be at the press conference when she's introduced and will 100% be supporting her, please join me in texting your select contacts to look at A and B coaches side by side one being 10 years younger and look at the rsums

Gig Em'
I thought the tu coach was in the series alot with Oregon. Did you mean while at tu?

I think this is his sixth trip overall. I knew who he was when tu hired him, and I knew it would be a problem for us.

6 times in 12 years. That's not very good

Good Lord I hope that's sarcasm.
Not as good as Fords 1 for 5 according to KBA.
Well, who inherited what, little guy?
Aggie1188
HiddenAg2 said:

Mike White is an elite coach whether we like it or not. He was a big time hire for Texas. He had underachieved a but until now as he's playing for the title. All that matters is getting to the WCWS and winning games there. This year will only help them stay in the elite group of programs.

Ford has been a good coach at ASU, but she has also had some disappointment in the postseason, especially last week. But for some to say she is on the same level as White right now is ridiculous.

IMO this is a solid but not great hire, a bit underwhelming after being turned down by a few big names. We were so close to getting Lonnie (who was my #1 choice for about 3 years now) so that stings a bit still. I just hope we give Ford a huge budget for assistants for elite recruiters because we will need them to compete in the SEC.
Trisha Ford is literally 10 years younger than Mike White. Who are these idiots saying she's not as good as him? She's literally a decade younger. Good lord.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Are there really posters trying to dismiss UT's season because they did not host original?

Holy *****
sharpdressedman
Congratulations to coach Ford and to Ross Bjork! This hire definitely appears to be a win-win outcome.
PlanoGuy
Not even Gasso has been to every Super Regional. I believe her current streak is 12 Supers in a row.
"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
Artimus Gordon
AG
Gasso is 60 years old and began coaching at OU in 1995, (28 years) when OU was still in the Big8. She has been to 15 WCWS's in those 28 years and won the NC 5 times, which is quite phenomenal. I didn't realize she was that old, so she got the job when she was a whopping 32 yoa. Wow! Time really gets away from you I guess.
Rambotx
"Trisha Ford is viewed as one of the very best softball coaches in the country and has done a phenomenal job at every stop in her career, College sports is about recruiting, player development, and helping the student-athletes reach their full potential on and off the field and we discovered that Coach Ford epitomizes what it takes to lead at the highest level. As two-time coach of the year in the Pac-12, a Pac-12 champion and Women's College World Series coach, she knows what it takes to consistently compete for a championship. The more time we spent with Coach Ford, we realized that her grit, work ethic, passion, knowledge of the game, recruiting plan, and connections all around the softball universe are a perfect fit for Texas A&M. We are excited to welcome Trisha, Eddie, Emma, and EJ to Aggieland." Ross Bjork
Rambotx
"First and foremost, I want to thank Ross [Bjork], Kristen [Brown], and Jeff [Toole] for the opportunity to lead the Texas A&M softball program, After spending time with them and talking about their vision for the program, it was clear our values aligned. You can feel the pride and tradition that runs through Aggieland. My family and I will embrace it and I can't wait for us to become a part of the community. I also want to thank Jo [Evans] for being not only a tremendous ambassador for our sport, but for the legacy she built at A&M. I am looking forward to embracing what she has built here and continue to move it forward. For me, this is a tremendous opportunity. Texas A&M is a place that is very special and the core values of A&M line up with mine both on and off the field. I have been on the other side of the 12th Man. They are a fan base that is envied across the entire country, and I am looking forward to seeing them at Davis Diamond. I am excited to put an elite product on the field and to hit the ground running." Trisha Ford
HiddenAg2
KBAGOLFER said:

HiddenAg2 said:

Mike White is an elite coach whether we like it or not. He was a big time hire for Texas. He had underachieved a but until now as he's playing for the title. All that matters is getting to the WCWS and winning games there. This year will only help them stay in the elite group of programs.

Ford has been a good coach at ASU, but she has also had some disappointment in the postseason, especially last week. But for some to say she is on the same level as White right now is ridiculous.

IMO this is a solid but not great hire, a bit underwhelming after being turned down by a few big names. We were so close to getting Lonnie (who was my #1 choice for about 3 years now) so that stings a bit still. I just hope we give Ford a huge budget for assistants for elite recruiters because we will need them to compete in the SEC.

Where this narrative is coming from is just puzzling and all that matters to tu is hosting regionals and super regionals. Then going to WCWS from there. I live in Austin and know the softball culture here. They don't like the fact he's hosted 1 regional in the last 3 years.

They love that they are in the WCWS but expect hosting A Lot More than his recent history

BTW this narrative also hurts Fords recruiting effort if us Ags are like not on board then that hurts our staff when going to select tournaments recruiting.

PAC 12 COY- 20-4, #8 National Seed
Texas is playing for the national title for the first time in school history. They just had their best season ever. He might not be getting top seeds in the tournament and hosting enough, but I doubt their fans care about that right now.
cevans_40
AG
Aggie1188 said:

cevans_40 said:

_mpaul said:

cevans_40 said:

_mpaul said:

rugger74 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

Gig Em'

I think this is his sixth trip overall. I knew who he was when tu hired him, and I knew it would be a problem for us.

6 times in 12 years. That's not very good

Good Lord I hope that's sarcasm.
Not as good as Fords 1 for 5 according to KBA.
Well, who inherited what, little guy?

Not sure what you are even asking here. I hope you aren't trying to say that White was handed a much better program than what Ford took over at ASU.
greg.w.h
AG
Aggie1188 said:

greg.w.h said:

The Chinook deal depends on players' discount code producing commission. It is a very transparent method for allowing an athlete to use social influence to generate cash. I imagine these kinds of deals fly through compliance in a fairly straightforward manner because it requires a certain amount of savviness by the athlete to generate sales.

But I doubt it is highly remunerative unless Chinook is doing ads to promote the athletes. I don't know.
sounds like something that produces dozens of dollars for the athletes.
I appreciate what Chinook is trying to do. It is an NIL sponsorship and we want our athletes to be able to build their brands. It is something they have to work in.
KBAGOLFER
Staff Update: Jeff Harger will be joining coach Ford in Aggieland. This is huge, his hitters at Arizona State we're 4th in the NCAA's the NCAA in homer's per game at 1.93 and he's a great recruiter

Sad to say Jimmy off her staff will not be joining the staff, stinks he's a good dude
KayakBassAngling
Lemmys Rickenbacker
KBAGOLFER said:

Staff Update: Jeff Harger will be joining coach Ford in Aggieland. This is huge, his hitters at Arizona State we're 4th in the NCAA's the NCAA in homer's per game at 1.93 and he's a great recruiter

Sad to say Jimmy off her staff will not be joining the staff, stinks he's a good dude

Where is Jimmy going if he is not coming here?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.