Softball Coach Update

136,511 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgBQ-00
AgDad77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgDad77
AG
Colt - you are correct!!!
SeenNotHeard
AG
@Colt, a current head coach?
AgDad77
AG
Yes
For Colt lol
Chase
AG
TF?
Colt98
AG
Was told by a former player that pitches in the pac 12 they were told today.

Current head coach who is a pitching coach. It out of left field to me. But could be a good change. I always liked her hitting coach more than her, but hey, what do I know.
AgDad77
AG
I was told the same thing by separate source that Colt
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Chase said:

TF?

Going by the clues, it sounds like it.
Divining Rod
Trisha Ford
KBAGOLFER
She was in CS ON Tuesday

Led only a team to OKC, hmmm

Well see
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
Colt98 said:

Current head coach who is a pitching coach. It out of left field to me. But could be a good change. I always liked her hitting coach more than her, but hey, what do I know.

Was she getting fired for not getting to the WCWS with her team? Just wondering
KayakBassAngling
Colt98
AG
That I don't know but doubt it... they won the pac 12 this year.
Positive Yardage
AG
This would classify as a disappointing hire for me.
SeenNotHeard
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

She was in CS ON Tuesday

Led only a team to OKC, hmmm

Well see
ASU went to WCWS in 2018
Positive Yardage
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Colt98 said:

Was she getting fired for not getting to the WCWS with her team? Just wondering
I don't think so? She was Pac-12 Coach of the Year this year
cevans_40
AG
Divining Rod said:

Trisha Ford

Does not get me excited.

Hope I am wrong if she is chosen and I hope the SS from Lovelady comes with her.
phantomf15c
AG
I've known Trish since she was Rittman's asst at Stanford. If true, she's a very solid candidate.
Colt98
AG
For being a pitching coach their teams weakness this year was pitching??? Would assume her staff will follow her here, and she checks the box of Cali recruiting. Just not an OMG hire.
ought1ag
AG
just read up about her and I agree
KBAGOLFER
AZ State doesn't have a long leash. Jimmy my boy at Oregon and South Alabama very good hitting coach too

He's a big time recruiter too…
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
20-4 in the PAC 12, that's doing work

Pitching era- 2.60
In 350 innings
BB- 71
K-289

Coach of the Year as stated above, Rittmans pitching coach at Stanford when they were dominant too

Jimmy (recruiter), Harger (will be the hitting coach) or Snider (recruiter) would be great hitting coaches
KayakBassAngling
Colt98
AG
She does have a bang up staff, and she did learn from one of the greats at her time at Stanford. I think it will be a fresh upgrade. Would be cool if snider could stay on staff, but if not her current staff is very impressive at what they do.
KBAGOLFER
Colt98 said:

She does have a bang up staff, and she did learn from one of the greats at her time at Stanford. I think it will be a fresh upgrade. Would be cool if snider could stay on staff, but if not her current staff is very impressive at what they do.

Harger at our ballpark we might break his teams record of 61 homers when he was with Ford at Fresno State. Dude is good, really good
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
KBAGOLFER said:

Colt98 said:

Harger at our ballpark we might break his teams record of 61 homers when he was with Ford at Fresno State. Snider recruiting in TX is 1st class though, but Harger, Dude is good, really good
KayakBassAngling
AgDad77
AG
Could be a very good hire!!!!

- but like what has been said it's just not a hit you in the mouth hire…

I hope she has great success!!!!!!

Aggie*_86
AG
I just want to win... don't have the knowledge or intel you guys do on inside info of top Coaches, just want to win. Period. If she helps us win, I'm in.
KBAGOLFER
I think it's not a hit you in the mouth hire in TX and in the South. However, I think it is in the Western half of the USA. Remember she just led her team to a 43-11 record, 20-4 PAC 12 record, PAC 12 Coach of the Year. That's a huge deal to take the best coach from their league

Perez and Lowe got to WCWS, but Ford won the conference
KayakBassAngling
HiddenAg2
If true, this is an underwhelming hire. But the staff she could put together would be really good and have recruiting pipelines into CA.

This would also mean we were probably turned down by quite a few big names on the list, which to me is surprising with the money and facilities we are offering.
cevans_40
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

I think it's not a hit you in the mouth hire in TX and in the South. However, I think it is in the Western half of the USA. Remember she just led her team to a 43-11 record, 20-4 PAC 12 record, PAC 12 Coach of the Year. That's a huge deal to take the best coach from their league

I somewhat agree with this but let's not pretend that this like taking Kelly Perez from UCLA or Lowe from Arizona. This won't really move the needle the way I was hoping we could. This is honestly below tu getting Mike White and that makes me a little sad.
sharpdressedman
Trish Ford info. PAC 12 COY in 2018 and 2022. ASU PAC 12 Champs in 2022.

https://pac-12.com/videos/arizona-states-trisha-ford-named-2022-pac-12-softball-coach-year
LatinAggie1997
AG
Underwhelming hire imo....hope she does well and recruits CA.

Should be announced Wed.
KBAGOLFER
cevans_40 said:

KBAGOLFER said:

I somewhat agree with this but let's not pretend that this like taking Kelly Perez from UCLA or Lowe from Arizona. This won't really move the needle the way I was hoping we could. This is honestly below tu getting Mike White and that makes me a little sad.

Let's not pretend anyone, anywhere, with any amount of money could get those two who played where they're coaching. What's sad is a lot of us, like me we're naming names. Never did I think we could take the PAC 12 coach of the year away from a proud AZ State program, either. We know she grew up and played in Cali, Coached her whole career in the West. Once she gets those Cali recruits to a football game and to Davis Diamond she'll be reeling them in

Bring a great recruiter and defensive coach with her and one of Jimmy, Harger, or Snider and we'll be recruiting like NEVER BEFORE
KayakBassAngling
Chase
AG
Lifetime resident of California that graduated with a degree in Politics from St. Mary's College -- Not trying to make this political but I don't think it's a stretch to wonder if this could be a bit of a culture shock for her.

Here's hoping it's a good fit and she brings the Ws.
KBAGOLFER
Very Great Hire, and if she gets the staff she wants. Recruiting will take an up tick. She's an unbelievable pitching coach. Hence the 20-4 PAC 12 softball record

Think about it like this, her AZ State was better than Stanford who won the Bama Regional, Oregon State who was in the WCWS, Arizona WCWS, Oregon, and vaunted UCLA WCWS

Put this on the other thread

KayakBassAngling
Four Seasons Landscaping
Minor question for a softball semi-idiot....

Isn't all the West Coast talent in SoCal? Looks like she's a northern California person, born there, played there, coached at Fresno and Stanford, etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.