Softball Coach Update

136,514 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgBQ-00
Cable0790
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts on Young out of Duke?
"Why don't you make 10 one louder?...This one goes to 11"
AgDad77
AG
Dude Really????

Just because I call you out on the fact that Money Whipping some of these Best of the Best coaches probably won't happen and you ask if I dislike A&M Softball and am rooting against us finding a good coach - that's just so very bizarre - where do you come up this garbage!!

I have stated that the following would be GREAT HIRES!!

PM
TW
LA
KG
PETE D
JR

and that they should be our FIRST CHOICES!

Diefel would be a good hire also!!

You get past those and yes SNIDER is a viable choice.
Why wouldn't he be - he could very easily be our Kenny G - he didn't have any head coaching experience when he got the Ok State job.

But really - you are just so far off base in those accusations it is just frankly an ignorant statement.

I want this program to be successful at the highest level and quite frankly I have backed that up in more ways than you can imagine that I certainly won't go into here obviously!!!

LatinAggie1997
AG
I agree with what you posted...mostly...

One difference.
Kenny G was an assistant at Florida under Walton for a couple years. Rocha has been under Gasso and Walton...Snider was under LA....

Kenny G has not won a title in his 6 years. He made OSU a really good program undoubtedly.

Yes, Snider could be the next KG but as far assistant to HC I would choose Rocha all day and hopefully she would get us to a title before 6 years.
Astroag
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

AgDad77 said:

hahahahha
If it would have worked she would have been our coach now!!!

She isn't- so it DIDNT!!!

They don't have the $$$ that we do!!

Do you like A&M softball? Seems like you're rooting really hard that we enter next year with Snider or no coach. I could be wrong. I'll believe in Ross and Kristen until they prove otherwise.

Def feels like they are connected to Snider

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
AgDad77
AG
Again - I put Rocha as a FIRST CHOICE!!

I agree with you!!
LatinAggie1997
AG
AgDad77 said:

Again - I put Rocha as a FIRST CHOICE!!

I agree with you!!

Apologies, I should have elaborated. My point is that Gasso and Walton have been the best coaches the past 15 years WCWS wise (PM, LA, HT probably next...not counting the legendary MC). Odds are an assistant from Gasso or Walton does better due to their experiences. My point, being the next KG isn't what we need....we need the next PG, TW, or LA.
AgDad77
AG
Ok
I certainly don't have a problem with that mindset at all .
Total agreement with you!

Those folks are just elite and it takes longevity to achieve and be where they are and have the programs that they do.

Lemmys Rickenbacker
Astroag said:

KBAGOLFER said:

AgDad77 said:

hahahahha
If it would have worked she would have been our coach now!!!

She isn't- so it DIDNT!!!

They don't have the $$$ that we do!!

Do you like A&M softball? Seems like you're rooting really hard that we enter next year with Snider or no coach. I could be wrong. I'll believe in Ross and Kristen until they prove otherwise.

Def feels like they are connected to Snider

It will be up to who ever the new HC is if he/she wants to retain Snider.
LatinAggie1997
AG
AgDad77 said:

Ok
I certainly don't have a problem with that mindset at all .
Total agreement with you!

Those folks are just elite and it takes longevity to achieve and be where they are and have the programs that they do.

That is a typical the situation. With our roster and facilities I think the right HC can quickly get us back to WCWS and not need years.
KBAGOLFER
I'm not afraid of ANY OF THESE TEAMS , except OU.. we took Ok State and lost one run games that we handed to them. We start Grace Uribe and spot ou 2 runs and lose a 1 run game to them. This is a quick turnaround for Rocha or whoever.

Whoever comes and NIL pays for 1 stud pitcher with Emily and we're in WCWS next year, book it
KayakBassAngling
AgDad77
AG
True
We don't need years
AgDad77
AG
Well we do have an NIL program already in place for softball.
KBAGOLFER
AgDad77 said:

Well we do have an NIL program already in place for softball.

I know, chinook seedery, great company, great people
KayakBassAngling
ashleymac
After what I've watched the past couple of days - I'm not sure that Walton is the homerun hire that some seem to think he would be.

His pitchers got hit hard. His hitters couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And fielding was questionable.

Yeah. He's a big name hire. Yes. It would be "shocking" for a lot of people.

But in my opinion he hasn't had an Elite team since Rocha left because he hasn't had an Elite pitcher since Rocha left. If he brings his current staff with him - I don't see our pitching problem getting that much better.

So it seems to me that Rocha might be the better choice. But again I'm not expert. Just a fan with eyes.
AgDad77
AG
UM - well that's not what I was referring to actually.
We have in place something that each kid benefited from very substantially NIL wise!
KBAGOLFER
AgDad77 said:

UM - well that's not what I was referring to actually.
We have in place something that each kid benefited very substantially NIL wise!

Good to know there's more than one and now you know another group is trying to help Aggie Softball
KayakBassAngling
FTAG 2000
AG
ashleymac said:

After what I've watched the past couple of days - I'm not sure that Walton is the homerun hire that some seem to think he would be.

His pitchers got hit hard. His hitters couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And fielding was questionable.

Yeah. He's a big name hire. Yes. It would be "shocking" for a lot of people.

But in my opinion he hasn't had an Elite team since Rocha left because he hasn't had an Elite pitcher since Rocha left. If he brings his current staff with him - I don't see our pitching problem getting that much better.

So it seems to me that Rocha might be the better choice. But again I'm not expert. Just a fan with eyes.

Is that you Jo? Continual *****ing about how Evans was done wrong and now bagging on Walton.

greg.w.h
AG
The Chinook deal depends on players' discount code producing commission. It is a very transparent method for allowing an athlete to use social influence to generate cash. I imagine these kinds of deals fly through compliance in a fairly straightforward manner because it requires a certain amount of savviness by the athlete to generate sales.

But I doubt it is highly remunerative unless Chinook is doing ads to promote the athletes. I don't know.
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Flight coming on from Tuscaloosa on Monday morning, FWIW.
monarch
S
Lets wait until the bird is in the air...
Peace for Ukraine!
mjschiller
AG
I thought the Alabama was recently inducted into their Hall of Fame?
Marvin J. Schiller
KBAGOLFER
Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

Saban coming to apologize to Jimbo, and play Traditions with JT
KayakBassAngling
SpartanAg1618
AG

Not sure it has been discussed that bama was hit with 6 transfers immediately after their season ended... Maybe connected, maybe not..

https://www.al.com/alabama/2022/05/six-alabama-softball-players-enter-ncaa-transfer-portal.html?outputType=amp
KBAGOLFER
SpartanAg1618 said:

Not sure it has been discussed that bama was hit with 6 transfers immediately after their season ended... Maybe connected, maybe not..

https://www.al.com/alabama/2022/05/six-alabama-softball-players-enter-ncaa-transfer-portal.html?outputType=amp

Someone on this thread said that the only reason Montana was coming back was because Pat Murphy guaranteed he was coming back, but that's interesting off a team that had like 12 loses, but losing in a regional and getting stomped, will do that. He's thought about a change of scenery before…
KayakBassAngling
AgDad77
AG
Nah- It's not PM -LOL

It's probably some executives from WWR coming in to visit the Motherland and TEXAGS..

Hell all of us bag holders over on the Stock Market thread in the Investing Forum probably own 95% of all of their stock!

And we are losing our asses…..

Hahahahahahahahahah
KBAGOLFER
Should've checked flightware from OKC to Austin or Houston yesterday , that would be the better thing to do…
KayakBassAngling
KW02
AG
As to the money whipping comments, there will not be a coach turn us down because of money. We are going to pay big money to whomever the next coach is - top 5 salary would be my guess.

As for those hoping we keep Snider and those saying the HC will bring whom he wants with him/her from their current staff, my hope is the new HC does like Schlossnagle/Bjork and go out and get the best assistants money can buy. If Snider is the best hitting coach available, great, pay him to stay as he knows these kids and has done pretty well with our team hitting.
KBAGOLFER
Okay everyone it's about time to start calling your shot on when and who…
KayakBassAngling
85AustinAg
AG
What are your thoughts KBA?
LatinAggie1997
AG
Breaking***

Rick Barnes has removed his name from consideration.

My sources tell me a name but I am their source so there's that.

Guess we'll keep on hurrying up and waiting.
ought1ag
AG
KBAGOLFER said:

Okay everyone it's about time to start calling your shot on when and who…
Mrs Peacock with the candlestick in the kitchen.......sorry wrong game
Aggie*_86
AG
I'm going to HEB tonight, I'll ask sliced bread...
KBAGOLFER
If OU loses the WCWS will everyone say Rocha is no good anymore lol…

I could see those posts coming…
KayakBassAngling
AgDad77
AG
Well I will say that it is doubtful that it will be any of the BIG DOGS that have been discussed here to date.

Lonni and Diefel turned it down from what I have been told.

I think it will be a woman and a pitching coach staying along the same lines as the other two mentioned.

Colt98
AG
It's going to be a pac 12 coach.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.