Softball Coach Update

136,374 Views | 634 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgBQ-00
85AustinAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coach Rocha, OU
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Snider may be a decent coach and good guy but A&M needs to cut ties with anything that had to do with Jo Evans program. A&M softball needs a mentality and culture change. Go hire a good coach, have them bring their people in, gut the program and let them build it from the ground up. Handle it like they did with the baseball program.
republic_45
It is really interesting to hear you all discuss this. Thanks for the information.
jt2hunt
AG
Snider would be good hire.
He has nothing to do with Jo!
85AustinAg
AG
"Shoos"???
Colt98
AG
Like the idea of Rocha. A pitching coach as a head coach is great.
KBAGOLFER
A&M has to, listen to me, HAS TO have a Head Coach with experience of winning recruiting battles against UCLA, tu,ou,Bama, fl, and the likes. If you can't recruit their LEVEL OF PITCHING IT DOESN'T matter how great the head coach/hitting coach y'all want to keep is. If he was an amazing recruiter as y'all say he is there would've been horses in the barn like the teams I've mentioned.
We couldn't even out recruit Duke, Mizzu, Va Tech, and so on and we've got Scarborough on TV doing big things to help us
KayakBassAngling
85AustinAg
AG
Thoughts on Rocha?

The challenge is when you start looking at all of these ultra successful coaches they've been at their gig for 15+ years. Don't get me wrong, you talk to all of them and maybe a raise will get one of them on board.

If not I'm not sure that going with the next tier of coaches out their like Deifel at Arkansas, etc is much different than an Assistant like Rocha who has been at a successful program. She's coached for 20 years including at UF and has been at OU since 2018.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
jt2hunt said:

Snider would be good hire.
He has nothing to do with Jo!

Sorry. I'm not a fan of keeping a coach off a staff that was 15-36 in SEC play the 3 years he has been here.
AgDad77
AG
Hahahahahah - Really?

You want to know why we don't have the pitchers here - because they didn't want to come here with the coaches that we had here that's why!

We haven't had a good pitching coach - they want to play for a good pitching coach who would be able to help them and they didn't want to play for Jo!!

It's amazing we have who we have here now and that's because of Snider!!

The kids at Florida St - he recruited- they went there because they had a really good staff - but he got them there when everyone else wanted them also!

You would be shocked at the kids that wanted to come here but didn't because of the coaches and I am not talking about Snider!!
Colt98
AG
Yea. We ha ent had high end pitchers here bc our pitching coach had been meh for a long time. Not to take away from who we have. There is a lot to work with, but the management and pitch selection over the last few has been highly suspect. Mac can be a straight stud if not hurt. The new left has massive potential.
AgDad77
AG
Exactly
Lemmys Rickenbacker
Colt98 said:

Yea. We ha ent had high end pitchers here bc our pitching coach had been meh for a long time. Not to take away from who we have. There is a lot to work with, but the management and pitch selection over the last few has been highly suspect. Mac can be a straight stud if not hurt. The new left has massive potential.

Thank you for that Gabby Johnson
KBAGOLFER
AgDad77 said:

Hahahahahah - Really?

You want to know why we don't have the pitchers here - because they didn't want to come here with the coaches that we had here that's why!

We haven't had a good pitching coach - they want to play for a good pitching coach who would be able to help them and they didn't want to play for Jo!!

It's amazing we have who we have here now and that's because of Snider!!

The kids at Florida St - he recruited- they went there because they had a really good staff - but he got them there when everyone else wanted them also!

You would be shocked at the kids that wanted to come here but didn't because of the coaches and I am not talking about Snider!!

I was the 1st to call out Dill as a pitching coach. She didn't develop one pitcher in her time, except Trinity. As for Snider, he's a coach on that staff that they didn't want come and be apart
of. They can tell him all that they would come here if this and that, but they didn't and that's on Jo, Dill, and Snider
KayakBassAngling
AgDad77
AG
Hahahahah
Dude - really??
LatinAggie1997
AG
You bringi in a coach and allow them to choose their staff.
cevans_40
AG
Curious why you think Snider would be better than Deifel?
LatinAggie1997
AG
cevans_40 said:

FYI - my sources tell me we are trying to communicate with Deifel...or at least already did.

Also, the team does like Snider.
KBAGOLFER
cevans_40 said:

His daughter is on the team, it seems. If you're wondering how long I've known of Snider, since he was recruiting my players to go to SFA. Dudes a GREAT DUDE, want and love to have him on staff but think about it this way, if Schloss were leaving tomorrow for Miami, would you want to hire Michael Early or Tadlock/Vitello/VanHorn/Godwin. Early is amazing but the others are too and have led teams and programs to big places.

Same goes for Softball, only difference is A&M made the Regionals in Evans last year, and not in baseball
KayakBassAngling
LatinAggie1997
AG
"Your players"?
Assuming you mean travel ball....would you mind sharing the org name?
85AustinAg
AG
LatinAggie - your sources mention any other names?
KBAGOLFER
Nah, not important just know this too. I was on another field in Marietta, GA. When I knew Megan Gibson was going to be special with her two walk off scores for Impact, and that year CA Cruisers won like 11 straight out of the losers bracket after they dropped their 1st game to said Impact team @ Gold Nationals

So I know what coaches look like I've had SEC coaches offer my players as soon as they touched home plate and have seen my kids play in the WCWS. Softball is my 2nd favorite sport on campus. It means a lot to get this coach right. If they do I GUARANTEE they can go heads up PLANO GUY with ou in recruiting
KayakBassAngling
PlanoGuy
KBAGOLFER said:

If they do I GUARANTEE they can go heads up PLANO GUY with ou in recruiting
Looking forward to watching the battles!
"F PlanoGuy!!" - Billy Liucci's TexAgs Premium Forum
AgDad77
AG
Listen - I absolutely don't mean any disrespect towards you!
You have your skins.

My daughter - lol - don't think so.

I totally agree with you in this regard

If we can hire one of the remaining BIG Dogs that are left then we absolutely do so in a quick minute!!

To ME those remaining BIGS DOGS In no particular order are.
Murphy
Walton
Kenny G
Pete D

I believe Murphy was in town this week!

If not one of those we go with Snider and roll on to big things!!

You know as well as I do that he is heavily connected and will bring in some great coaches!!!
LatinAggie1997
AG
Ok...my daughter was young then but I loved Megan Gibson...one of my all time faves...Amanda too...that entireperiod!

My daughter played on IG-J national team 14U and then 18U a couple years. She was the youngest on the team. She loved when Tori, Demi, GerriAnn, and the likes would come by practice.

I always imagine what could have been.
LatinAggie1997
AG
85AustinAg said:

LatinAggie - your sources mention any other names?

We have had more in depth talks but not a good idea to share all of it.

I don't have a direct line to Bjork's office but we are trying the glass on the door trick "....and the two cans on a string.
LatinAggie1997
AG
I have to Murphy ahead of Walton....his character puts him in front. All class.He is a great coach and leader...very important when a HC of a women's team.
AgDad77
AG
I agree!!

Just hope he doesn't pull the same trick on us if he accepts that he did on LSU

KBAGOLFER
PlanoGuy said:

KBAGOLFER said:

If they do I GUARANTEE they can go heads up PLANO GUY with ou in recruiting
Looking forward to watching the battles!

You and I always get along. I was 1/2 right on OSU. Unfortunately, couldn't get him to Aggieland
KayakBassAngling
KBAGOLFER
LatinAggie1997 said:

Ok...my daughter was young then but I loved Megan Gibson...one of my all time faves...Amanda too...that entireperiod!

My daughter played on IG-J national team 14U and then 18U a couple years. She was the youngest on the team. She loved when Tori, Demi, GerriAnn, and the likes would come by practice.

I always imagine what could have been.

Lol Brette Reagan was my girl (not literally) and one of if not the greatest all around players I've ever seen in select softball

Back to Aggie softball coaching update. I'd put some lines in the water, it's been a couple years since I coached last or I'd be texting Scottie, Tony, JB, Shelton, Carp, and others to see who wants to be the next Aggie Softball Legend!

Lol, 9 years ago I would've walked right up to Jonathan and asked him who our next coach was and back then I would've said get Lotief, the crazy Cajun
KayakBassAngling
LatinAggie1997
AG
AgDad77 said:

I agree!!

Just hope he doesn't pull the same trick on us if he accepts that he did on LSU

I remember that happening. Today is a different situation with different circumstances then what, 9 years ago.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Mike was crazy...I don't care for Scott as A&M coach, nothing against him, they were our rival along with Glroy Shelton (good coach)...see Johnathan L on FB but rarely in person anymore.
We had more trouble with CA teams than any other group.
Brashear for the young group was tough, Rico FC and Tyson Corona Angels always had good teams.
Those CA teams always were always well rounded.

GG was a coach in Georgia for a while. We liked him a lot. Came out a lot.

Edited to add :Brett was my daughter's hitting coach for a little while at Jacob's overhead doors...we moved to Impact Gold so we hit woth KC...best results we ever saw...power, avg, etc. He taught her how and why and it all clicked.
85AustinAg
AG
"Alabama Softball Head Coach Patrick Murphy - Extends current term three years to June 30, 2026. His contract is worth $275,000 annually with a Talent Fee in the first year of $200,000 and in his final year of $240,000.Aug 2, 2021"
LatinAggie1997
AG
Deifel or Rocha.
PM told Montana he would return so no reason to believe he wasn't.
rhp
AG
Saw that Mariana Torres is going to the transfer portal. Wish her the best of luck.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.