*****Aggies vs. Ole MIss-SEC Tournament Thursday*****

102,054 Views | 1114 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cy_Tolliver
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Oh well at least Dox is available for a regional.
Isn't that what's important? Even IF Dox is there and somehow shuts them out, we're going to the 10th now. Would you want him to come out for the 10th? Let it go, dude.

Why even show up for the tourney then? Are you there not to win it? Stupid analogy. You don't pull a kid with a no hitter going to the 9th....period.

Yes, yes you do. Especially when he has regionals coming up, is projected to be a high draft pick, is getting tired visibly tired, and is pretty much where his limit has been all season with pitch count.

You dont ruin a kid's career over a conference tournament elimination game when he (and the team) have far bigger things to play for in the coming weeks.
JDay
How awful is Florida's pitching staff? I mean they gave up eight runs to this offense.
Aggies2009
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Isn't that what's important? Even IF Dox is there and somehow shuts them out, we're going to the 10th now. Would you want him to come out for the 10th? Let it go, dude.

Why even show up for the tourney then? Are you there not to win it? Stupid analogy. You don't pull a kid with a no hitter going to the 9th....period.
I mean, that's quite a jump you're making from "save a pitcher who's approaching 100 pitches" to "Just forfeit the games". Nobody said to forfeit the games or anything close.

a) You don't know if Dox was tired, hurt, etc. Coach was talking to him actively in the dugout. You weren't.

b) Pitchers have been pulled when they have no-hitters before, especially in tie games. If we were up 3-0, I'd have felt different.

c) You'd expect your offense to score a run and your bullpen to get you 1 inning. I agree taking out Miller was a huge mistake. Not Dox though.
powerbelly
AG
Mooooon River said:

evanpd16 said:

marleyrox said:

They don't deserve to host

Yes we do.

Winning one game in the SEC tourney... no.
Good thing hosts aren't solely determined by conference tournament results.
AggieBand2004
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

There's a great idea. Injure your ace pitcher right before a) the postseason and b) he gets drafted.

You'd make a helluva coach
mwm
Disappointing but not surprising. The offense has struggled all season. Bolt must go.
Olsen
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

Man, I hate Ole Miss. A university full of smarmy Texas kids who couldn't get into the big schools in-state, and sports teams that we lose to at an inexplicable rate.

I can say the same thing to LSU about this.
AgEng06
AG
So.... I'm not doing ANY PBP during regional games, even if Lance is out. It didn't go so well during the last 2 games...
Average Joe
AG
TexasRebel said:

You do if you want to pitch him in the regionals.
The regionals don't start for another week. If he pitched 120 pitches he would still get an extra days rest.

In what scenario would we lose Dox 8 days from now if he threw the same number of pitches he does on average?
Ags77
AG
Wherever we play... Blue Bell, Lubbock, Vegas, or wherever..... we can win. The formula has almost no room for error, though. We must pitch GREAT, not good, but GREAT. We have to field pretty good and we have to figure out some way to scratch out a run or two. Tough formula, but we are capable at any site we go to.
Gigem
JDay
Seely is the hitting instructor in the program. He should receive most of the blame.
Adam87inSA
AG
Hats off to Dox.

I could feel this loss coming the whole game, even with him keeping the no no thru 8. It is just stunning that we cannot coach college hitters to execute at the plate. If this were a one year anomaly that's one thing. But it's constant. I truly don't understand how Bolt keeps his job. It's inexcusable. Childress has brought in and coached up such amazing pitching talent and we have ZERO CWS wins to show for it.
old yeller
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

1 - 6 against schools from Mississippi. Hats off, Rob!
But he threw a scare into em today
powerbelly
AG
JDay said:

Seely is the hitting instructor in the program. He should receive most of the blame.
Childress is the one responsible for recruiting a team full of .220 hitters.
evanpd16
Mooooon River said:

evanpd16 said:

marleyrox said:

Yes we do.

Winning series against Vandy and Arky... yes
threeanout
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

I mean, that's quite a jump you're making from "save a pitcher who's approaching 100 pitches" to "Just forfeit the games". Nobody said to forfeit the games or anything close.

a) You don't know if Dox was tired, hurt, etc. Coach was talking to him actively in the dugout. You weren't.

b) Pitchers have been pulled when they have no-hitters before, especially in tie games. If we were up 3-0, I'd have felt different.

c) You'd expect your offense to score a run and your bullpen to get you 1 inning. I agree taking out Miller was a huge mistake. Not Dox though.
Do you have an example of a starting pitcher being pulled after throwing 8 innings of no hit ball? Don't use the Astros no hitter where they threw five guys.
histag10
AG
JDay said:

How awful is Florida's pitching staff? I mean they gave up eight runs to this offense.

70% of the time we struggle with stringing together hits. the other 30% we do really well. Almost every coach interviewed before or after playing us has mentioned that a large contributing factor to who wins the game is whether or not we can hit that night.
BoozingAg
Good lord 2009 looks ridiculous on this thread
histag10
AG
threeanout said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Do you have an example of a starting pitcher being pulled after throwing 8 innings of no hit ball? Don't use the Astros no hitter where they threw five guys.

Are we jumping to MLB? You do realize that there are significant differences between college ball and MLB, right?
96ags
AG
AgsinGA said:

Obvious statement. Time to practice hitting for a week.

Disappointing to see with such great pitching.
I don't think the problem is as much swing mechanics as it is mental approach. This team simply doesn't do the little things right to have good, productive at bats.

Good news is that is easily fixable. Bad news, they have been doing all year.
Wabs
AG
Personally I think we get a 2 seed.
sellthefarm
AG
powerbelly said:

JDay said:

Childress is the one responsible for recruiting a team full of .220 hitters.
This has little to do with recruiting. Just look at the same guys averages last year. The players we have are capable of doing a whole lot more at the plate and that is an undeniable fact. Why that haven't this year is anybody's guess.
JDay
Seely is also the recruiting coordinator. Childress is responsible for signing off on all the players and putting together the coaching staff, but Seely seems to fly on the radar on here and he is the person in charge of recruiting and hitting instruction/approach.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
AggieBand2004 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

There's a great idea. Injure your ace pitcher right before a) the postseason and b) he gets drafted.

You'd make a helluva coach
Just curious, what is your criteria for allowing a pitcher in this situation to finish?
OneMoonGoon92
AG
I suppose you forgot all the series we lost then huh
Aggies2009
AG
marleyrox said:

I suppose you forgot all the series we lost then huh

All what? 3?
Ags77
AG
Ervin Burrell said:

1 - 6 against schools from Mississippi. Hats off, Rob!

Not sure what that is supposed to mean ? State is, imo, about as good a team as there is in the country. Ole Miss is about as good as we are.
Gigem
fieldtrailer
AG
96ags said:

AgsinGA said:

Obvious statement. Time to practice hitting for a week.

Disappointing to see with such great pitching.
I don't think the problem is as much swing mechanics as it is mental approach. This team simply doesn't do the little things right to have good, productive at bats.

Good news is that is easily fixable. Bad news, they have been doing all year.
Easily fixable? OK.
The Collective
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I can say the same thing to LSU about this.

At least LSU has a lot of Louisiana in it. Ole Miss and Arkansas are the worst; full of Texas kids with an 1000 SAT score.
John Dutton
AG
evanpd16 said:

Mooooon River said:

evanpd16 said:

marleyrox said:

Yes we do.

Winning series against Vandy and Arky... yes

Losing series to lsu, being swept by Ole Miss, and losing series to Miss State... No.
iluvpoker
JDay said:

It's arguably the worst in the SEC at nearly 7 runs a game. I thought everyone knew that.
Bondag
AG
threeanout said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/116330/ross-stripling-almost-joined-bumpus-jones-in-mlb-history
dixichkn
AG
My fault guys. About 6 weeks ago I changed my work passcode. I'll be changing it again right now.

"Omaha19" my ass.........
aginlakeway
AG
marleyrox said:

Name 16 teams that deserve it more. .
Aggie12B
AG
histag10 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggies2009 said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Yes, yes you do. Especially when he has regionals coming up, is projected to be a high draft pick, is getting tired visibly tired, and is pretty much where his limit has been all season with pitch count.

You dont ruin a kid's career over a conference tournament elimination game when he (and the team) have far bigger things to play for in the coming weeks.
Well said histag

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.