***Official Aggies vs. 2019 MLB Draft Thread***

27,721 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Round 1, Pick 21: Braden Shewmake (Braves) - Slot Value: $3,132,300
---------------Signed 6/11 - $3,132,300 - Twitter
Round 1, Pick 36: JJ Goss (Rays) - Slot Value: $2,045,400
---------------Signed 6/9 - $2,045,400 - Twitter
Round 2, Pick 45: Matthew Thompson (White Sox) - Slot Value: $1,650,200
---------------Signed 6/25 - $2,100,000 - Article
Round 2, Pick 53: Josh Wolf (Mets) - Slot Value: $1,370,400
---------------Signed 6/16 - $2,150,000 - Article
Round 2, Pick 61: John Doxakis (Rays) - Slot Value: $1,129,700
---------------Signed 6/13 - $1,129,700 - Twitter
Round 3, Pick 88: Dasan Brown (Blue Jays) - Slot Value: $678,600
---------------Signed 6/29 - $800,000 - Twitter
Round 4, Pick 127: Kasey Kalich (Braves) - Slot Value: $447,400
---------------Signed 6/11 - $347,500 - Article
Round 18, Pick 534: Jason Ruffcorn (Reds) - Slot Value: $125,000*
---------------Returning to OU - Article
Round 27, Pick 805: Mason Cole (Rangers) - Slot Value: $125,000*
---------------Signed 6/12 - $85,000 - Article
Round 35, Pick 1040: Logan Britt (White Sox) - Slot Value: $125,000*
---------------Coming to A&M - Article
Round 39, Pick 1172: Evan Vanek (Diamondbacks) - Slot Value: $125,000*
---------------Coming to A&M - Twitter

* Maximum offer without using the bonus pool allocation

With the draft just 40 days away (June 3-5), we should start to see a lot more projections, mock drafts, prospect lists etc. I thought I'd lump everything to watch out for in one post.

Draft Targets:

Seniors
Jonathan Ducoff
Chandler Morris
Allonte Wingate

Juniors
Brandon Ashy
Cam Blake
Bryce Blaum
Hunter Coleman
Ty Condel
John Doxakis - Pick #61
Logan Foster
Mikey Hoehner
Blake Nelson
Kyle Richardson
Braden Shewmake - Pick #21

Draft-Eligible Sophomores (Turn 21 by July 18th)
Mason Cole - Pick #805
Kasey Kalich - Pick #127
Aaron Walters

High School/Junior College Recruits
Kade Bragg LHP 6-0, 185, R/L, Ennis, Texas (Ennis HS)
Logan Britt OF - 6-4, 200, R/R, Colleyville, Texas (Colleyville Heritage HS) - Pick #1040
Dasan Brown OF - 6-0, 185, R/R, Oakville, Ontario, Canada (Abbey Park HS) - Pick #88
JJ Goss RHP - 6-3, 175, R/R, Cypress, Texas (Cypress Ranch HS) - Pick #36
Caden Homniok- INF/RHP - 6-2, 175, R/R, Brazoria, Texas (Sweeny HS)
Will Johnston - OF/1B/LHP - 6-4, 180, L/L, Roanoke, Texas (Keller HS)
Izzy Lopez - SS/2B - 5-10, 170, R/R, Fort Worth, Texas (Arlington Heights HS)
Blake Mayfield - RHP - 6-2, 170, R/R, Flower Mound, Texas (Marcus HS)
Mason Ornelas - RHP - 6-1, 190, L/R, Fort Worth, Texas (L.D. Bell HS)
Matthew Thompson - RHP - 6-3, 180, R/R, Cypress, Texas (Cypress Ranch HS) - Pick #45
Evan Vanek - RHP - 6-3, 175, R/R, Frisco, Texas (Frisco Heritage HS) - Pick #1172
Trevor Werner - INF/RHP - 6-4, 190, S/R, Spring, Texas (Klein HS)
Josh Wolf - RHP - 6-2, 180, R/R, Bellaire, Texas (St. Thomas HS) - Pick #53
Cam Wynne - RHP - 6-6, 200, R/R, Lincoln, Neb. (Lincoln HS/Johnson County CC)

Other Names to Follow
Jason Ruffcorn - Oklahoma University (2017-18 Aggie RHP) - Pick #534

This could be one of the toughest recruiting classes to land at A&M in recent years. JJ Goss and Matt Thompson are most assuredly not going to set foot on campus as both have been rated as potential first round picks by many mock drafts. Thompson currently rates as the #36 overall prospect by MLB with fellow high school teammate Goss coming in at #44. Josh Wolf and Blake Mayfield have also been climbing prospect boards recently with Wolf flashing signs of an upper 90s fastball. Add to the list Logan Britt who has been up and down on various lists but is usually considered a Top 50 high school bat and a Top 100 arm. Then comes Dasan Brown, the next in the line of top rated Canadian prospects that committed to A&M. He is rated as one of the fastest players in this year's draft and is a top 5 round speculation. He could join Adam Hall and Noah Naylor as fellow Canadian recruits that never made it to campus. Caden Homniok and Trevor Werner are also names to keep an eye on as both have low 90s velocity. I would expect them to make it to A&M, but sometimes you never know about their desire to start their professional career right away.

Since he first hit in the three hole for the Aggies, Braden Shewmake has been a consensus top collegiate prospect for the 2019 draft. He has done nothing to disprove that notion this year and is seen as a late first round pick. Joining him will be John Doxakis who is also considered a late first rounder and potential second round pick. I haven't seen much buzz, but Logan Foster and Mikey Hoehner would be my dark horse picks to see consideration in the teen rounds of the draft. Foster for his power, and Hoehner because MLB teams love their catching prospects.

I'm a little devastated to see Kasey Kalich eligible for the draft as I was not aware of this before, but he turns 21 today (Happy Birthday!) making him eligible. With his high 90s velocity and high strike-out rate, I'm surprised I haven't seen his name yet on any draft boards. Mason Cole is also another potential target with high 90s velocity, and I am wondering if any teams will take a chance on an injury-prone prospect.

Jason Ruffcorn made the transfer to OU this past season and has been their day one closer posting 10 saves with a 1.86 ERA. His walks are a bit high, but with MLB pedigree in the family, and a successful junior season, I could see him as a late day 2 or day 3 pick.

What to look forward to next year:

Kalich would be a huge blow to the Aggie bullpen, but minus Dox, everyone else should return for the 2020 season. With Lacy and Roa in the rotation with Menefee, Jozwiak, and Saenz fighting for the final bump, 2020 can rival the 2019 pitching staff. I could see Jonathan Childress coming back as a closer if Kalich leaves or as long relief in order to build up arm strength further adding to the depth. Hitting will be an even bigger question mark next season. Shewmake will no longer be around to anchor the lineup, but I would expect Blaum back to leadoff with improvements from Watson and Ty Coleman. Add in a full season from the improving Zach DeLoach and a healthy Cam Blake and Hunter Coleman, and A&M could have potential to be a 2016 style experienced offense albeit with less power.

For reference:
***Official Aggies vs. 2017 MLB Draft Thread***
***Official Aggies vs. 2018 MLB Draft Thread***
Aggie1205
AG
I wonder what Blaum is hearing from scouts on his status for getting drafted.
Mr.Ackar07
Aggie1205 said:

I wonder what Blaum is hearing from scouts on his status for getting drafted.
I see him as a Blake Allemand type prospect. He could be a late lottery pick, or come back as the shortstop for his senior year and work his way into a 7-10 round pick with a low bonus pool signing bonus.
VegasAg86
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

I'm a little devastated to see Kasey Kalich eligible for the draft as I was not aware of this before, but he turns 21 today (Happy Birthday!) making him eligible. With his high 90s velocity and high strike-out rate, I'm surprised I haven't seen his name yet on any draft boards. Mason Cole is also another potential target with high 90s velocity, and I am wondering if any teams will take a chance on an injury-prone prospect.

My first thought scrolling through the list was "ah fu@&" when I saw he was draft eligible. We have had closers step up pretty well the last few seasons. We'll be ok.
Aggiehunt
AG
Is there ANY chance Dox and/or Shewmake decide to come back for their senior season? Or can we pretty much consider them gone?
Aggie1205
AG
Aggiehunt said:

Is there ANY chance Dox and/or Shewmake decide to come back for their senior season? Or can we pretty much consider them gone?

I can't see a situation where they don't go. If they came back it would probably be against any smart financial sense.
VegasAg86
AG
Aggiehunt said:

There's always a chance, but it would be pretty shocking for either to come back.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggiehunt said:

Would you say no (or advise your son to say no) to check for $1 million?
Aggiehunt
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggiehunt said:

I don't know that I would. I would tell my son to make his own decision. I'm not saying they SHOULD come back for another year, just selfishly hoping they consider it. They wouldn't be the first to do so.
CapCityAg89
AG
Aggiehunt said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggiehunt said:

I don't know that I would. I would tell my son to make his own decision. I'm not saying they SHOULD come back for another year, just selfishly hoping they consider it. They wouldn't be the first to do so.

Who had been a first round junior to come back? Ever. With the negotiating disadvantage seniors have, they probably drop draft slots by default (even with with a superlative senior season), delay free agency and risk poor play/injury.

HS first rounders opt for college. It is just stupid for a college junior to do so.
TXAGBQ76
AG
As a junior has some leverage, as a senior you have zero leverage and are pretty much forced to take whatever low ball offer they take.

I can't remember the year or name, but he played first base. His life long favorite team the Yankees drafted him. They offered a $500K signing bonus, he wanted closer to $1M. He elected to stay and play with his JUCO brother.

Senior year came, he was drafted again and was forced to sign for well under $100K. His signing bonus did not cover his $90K in student loans and his new truck cost.
Tex100
AG
Since he first hit in the three hole for the Aggies, Braden Shewmake has been a consensus top collegiate prospect for the 2019 draft. He has done nothing to disprove that notion this year and is seen as a late first round pick.

Is Shewmake really a first round pick?
Tex100
AG
Besides the loss of bargaining power, these guys need to get their pro career going if they are ready.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Tex100 said:

Since he first hit in the three hole for the Aggies, Braden Shewmake has been a consensus top collegiate prospect for the 2019 draft. He has done nothing to disprove that notion this year and is seen as a late first round pick.

100%
Mr.Ackar07
Tex100 said:

Yes. He's usually seen as a late first rounder in the 25-35 pick range. There are 41 picks in the first round including compensation and competitive balance picks.
Tex100
AG
Congrats to him if he is, but I don't see it.
Ags77
AG
I hope Shew goes in the first round, also, but I definitely DO NOT see it.
Gigem
Mr.Ackar07
MLB has Shewmake as the 21st top prospect. Their updated list will probably come out next week.
Raggie21
Some team will take shewmake around the end of the first round and will actually fix his swing, making him worth the first round pick. I'd be shocked if anyone other than doxakis left this year, we will return a ton of good players.
Mr.Ackar07
Here's an interesting mock draft: https://2080baseball.com/2019/04/2019-mlb-draft-mock-draft-v1/

No Shewmake and no Matthew Thompson through the first 41 picks

Quote:

1:27 Cubs: JJ Goss, RHP, Cypress Ranch (TX)

Although the Cubs have gone the college route with their first round selections in each of the past five years, Goss represents a better value here than his collegiate contemporaries. A Texas A&M commit, he can run his fastball into the mid-90s with a put-away slider that showcases hard, wipeout action and excellent depth. BG
Quote:

1:32 Astros: Josh Wolf, RHP, St. Thomas (TX)

The Astros go local here in scooping up Wolf a Houston area prep arm who's been rising up draft board this spring. Though he's slight of frame (6-foot-2, 160 pounds) he can run his fastball into the mid-90s with relatively low effort and his curveball is a legit swing-and-miss offering. BG
Quote:

1CBA:38 Yankees: John Doxakis, LHP, Texas A&M

The Yankees follow their prep arm first-round selection with a steady college lefty capable of consistently working deep into games with a quality three-pitch arsenal at his disposal. The A&M pairs a low-90s fastball with a potential plus low-80s that works well as both a freeze pitch and swing-and-miss offering. NF
Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Here's an interesting mock draft: https://2080baseball.com/2019/04/2019-mlb-draft-mock-draft-v1/
Check out the video link that goes with Doxakis. It's from the Baylor game at MMP. It really shows the movement he was generating during that game especially at the 1:20-1:30 stretch.
Mr.Ackar07
Draft Site's 8 round mock draft has been out for a while, and while probably no longer accurate, still an interesting look: https://www.draftsite.com/mlb/mock-draft/2019/

Round 1, Pick 22 Matthew Thompson
Round 1, Pick 30 Braden Shewmake
Round 2, Pick 52 JJ Goss
Round 5, Pick 155 Blake Mayfield
Round 5, Pick 157 Logan Britt
Round 6, Pick 168 John Doxakis
Round 7, Pick 208 Mason Cole

Mr.Ackar07
MLB's updated Top 100 list: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=draft

Quote:

25. Braden Shewmake

Shewmake drew some mild scouting interest as a senior at Wylie (Texas) East High in 2016, but not enough to divert him from attending Texas A&M. He won Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Year honors and helped the Aggies reach the College World Series in 2017, then shifted to shortstop as a sophomore. Of the half-dozen college players at that position who have legitimate first-round aspirations in 2019, he might be the best pure hitter.

His outstanding hand-eye coordination allows Shewmake to put the bat on the ball with ease. A left-handed hitter who's a bit unorthodox at the plate, he tends to get caught out on his front foot but still has the dexterity to slap singles to the opposite field. He also has the bat speed and leverage in his still-projectable 6-foot-4 frame to turn on balls, hinting at average power in his future.

Shewmake grew up around the game because his father Shane is the head coach at Texas-Dallas, and his instincts are apparent on the bases and in the field. He has a knack for stealing bases despite average speed and makes plays at shortstop. His arm is more accurate than strong, leading some scouts to project him as a second baseman, and he has the versatility and selflessness to fit anywhere in the infield.
Quote:

26. JJ Goss

Cypress (Texas) Ranch High had three premium pitching prospects on its 2018 team that went 32-9 and finished third in the state 6-A playoffs. Senior Ty Madden had top-five-rounds talent but his desire to attend Texas compromised his signability, while junior right-handers Matthew Thompson and Goss could go in the first three rounds this June if they can be lured away from Texas A&M. While Thompson was more highly regarded entering 2019, Goss has outpitched him for the second straight spring and may have pushed himself into the first round.

Goss usually operates at 90-92 mph with his fastball, though he has reached 96 mph and should deal in the mid-90s more regularly once he fills out his very projectable 6-foot-3 frame. He has one of the better sliders in the high school ranks, a low-80s breaker with late bite and two-plane depth at times. He also has good feel for a changeup with similar velocity and some fade.

Goss isn't as athletic as Thompson but repeats his delivery well and owns better present command. He has a quick, whippy arm that works well, though his arm action does get long in back. He should be able to hold up as a pro starter once he adds some strength.
Quote:

34. Josh Wolf

San Jacinto JC's Jackson Rutledge isn't the only Houston-area pitcher who has vaulted into first-round consideration. Wolf was well known to scouts before this spring, but his projectability stood out more than his present stuff and most figured he wouldn't get drafted early enough to divert him from a Texas A&M commitment. That changed when he hit 97 mph in his first appearance of the year, a February scrimmage against Magnolia West and highly touted right-hander Connor Phillips, and he hasn't looked back since.

Wolf has gotten noticeably stronger, adding at least 10 pounds to his 6-foot-2 frame, and dropped his arm slot from high three-quarters to three-quarters. Those changes have increased the velocity and movement on his fastball, which previously sat around 90 mph but has ranged from 90-97 with arm-side run all spring. His curveball can overmatch hitters as well, residing in the low 80s with 12-6 break when he stays on top of it.

Though Wolf's changeup isn't as effective as his other two pitches, he'll flash some solid ones with fade and tumble. He already shows the aptitude to work both sides of the plate and all four quadrants of the strike zone. He still has the room to add another 15 pounds and scouts rave about his makeup, so he could continue to get better.
Quote:

42. John Doxakis

Coming out of a Lamar High (Houston) program that produced future first-rounders and big leaguers Jeff Niemann, Joe Savery and Anthony Rendon, Doxakis went undrafted in 2016 and headed to Texas A&M. He spent his freshman year as a swingman, winning the game that sent the Aggies to the College World Series, and has been one of the Southeastern Conference's best starters the past two seasons. He outdueled 2018 No. 1 overall pick Casey Mize at the '18 SEC tournament and could become A&M's highest pick since Tyler Naquin and Michael Wacha went in the top 19 selections seven years ago.

Doxakis has effort in his delivery and uses an arm slot that varies from low- to mid-three-quarters, yet that doesn't prevent him from pounding the strike zone with three pitches. He doesn't dazzle radar guns with his 88-93 mph fastball, but it plays up because of its arm-side run and his ability to command it to both sides of the plate. He masterfully manipulates his low-80s slider, changing velocities and shape and demonstrating the ability to back-foot it against right-handers.

Though Doxakis' changeup is less reliable than his other two offerings, it features some fade and shows flashes of becoming a solid third pitch. Some scouts look at the stress with which he throws and peg him as a reliever, and he did hit 97 mph as a freshman in that role, but he has the three-pitch repertoire, control and durable frame to start and the makeup to get the most out of his ability.
Quote:

79. Matt Thompson

Cypress (Texas) Ranch High's Ty Madden could have gone in the top five rounds of the 2018 Draft based on talent alone, but his strong commitment to Texas dropped him to the 34th round and the Royals. The Mustangs have two more right-handers this year who could be even more talented in Thompson and J.J. Goss. Thompson announced his presence by reaching 95 mph as a rising junior at the World Wood Bat Association World Championship in 2017 and remains one of the hardest throwers in this year's prep class, though he has lacked consistency this spring.

Thompson has an ultra-quick arm and an athletic delivery that produces low-90s fastballs with a maximum velocity of 96 mph when he's at his best, though he also has worked at 89-90 at times this year. His fastball doesn't feature a lot of life but he gets good plane on it with his high three-quarters arm slot. His curveball can give him a second plus pitch at times, though it hasn't been reliable this spring as it had been in the past and flattens into more of a slider when he doesn't stay on top of it.

Though Thompson's changeup is in the rudimentary stages, he'll flash promising deception and sink. He also needs to refine his control and command to reach his upside as a No. 3 starter. He and Goss are the top recruits in Texas A&M's 2019 class.
Mr.Ackar07
On that updated list, it is interesting to see Matt Thompson fall from the $2+ million range to $780,400 which is the value for Pick 79. He could have an interesting choice to make.

Also worth noting where Josh Wolf landed after increasing his velocity this past year.
Mr.Ackar07
CBS Mock Draft: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-mock-draft-2019-adley-rutschman-remains-favorite-to-go-no-1-to-orioles-bobby-witt-jr-goes-to-royals-at-no-2/

Quote:

24 INDIANS

Pick: SS Braden Shewmake, Texas A&M

Depending what the Braves and Rays do with their extra picks, there could be a run on college position players at this point of the draft. Shewmake is easy to love because he does a little of everything and plays very hard. He is gritty and I mean that in a non-sarcastic way. Even if Shewmake has to move to second base long-term, getting a well-rounded infielder with a history of performance is a nice get near the back of the first round.

Previous pick: Shewmake
Quote:

32 ASTROS

Pick: RHP J.J. Goss, Cypress Ranch HS (Texas)

It's easy to dream on Goss, who has the tools to go in the 10-15 overall pick range. He has the size (6-foot-3 and 185 lbs.), the velocity (low-to-mid-90s), the swing-and-miss breaking ball (slider), and the athleticism to make big gains as he matures. If he somehow winds up at Texas A&M, the pieces are there for Goss to come out as a top 2-3 pick in three years. Instead, the bet here is the Astros will take him here, pay him what it takes, and turn him over to their player development machine.

Previous pick: Goss

One can dream. That could set up a run of 3 years with a first round arm for the Aggies (Lacy, Childress/Menefee, Goss - and 4 if Dox somehow gets a boost)
Mr.Ackar07
Fangraphs: https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board/2019-mlb-draft?sort=10,-1&pageitems=10000000000000&pagenum=0

28. Braden Shewmake
31. JJ Goss
51. Josh Wolf
83. Matt Thompson (big drop)
99. Dasan Brown
112. John Doxakis
COL-P-60. Kasey Kalich
HS-P-32. Evan Vanek
Mr.Ackar07
Bleacher Report: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837201-2019-mlb-mock-draft-with-2-weeks-remaining#slide6

Quote:

[ol]
31. Los Angeles Dodgers: RHP JJ Goss, Cypress Ranch HS (Texas)[/ol]
[ol]
If the Dodgers take a college bat at No. 25 overall as we predicted with the Logan Davidson selection, expect them to balance that with a prep arm at No. 31. Goss has a ton of projection remaining in his lanky 6'3", 185-pound frame, and he can already touch 96 mph with his fastball. He backs that with a 60-grade slider that ranks as one of the best breaking pitches in this class of high school arms and shows a good feel for his changeup. Patience will be the name of the game.[/ol]
No Shewmake in the first round; he has slipped a little in various other mock drafts as well.
Mr.Ackar07
MLB's updated mock: https://www.mlb.com/news/2019-mlb-mock-draft-on-may-23

Quote:

32. Astros: JJ Goss, RHP, Cypress (Texas) Ranch HS

With Espino and Malone off the board, Goss is the next best high school arm, with plenty of projection as he adds strength to his 6-foot-3 frame.
Again no Shewmake
Aggie1205
AG
Getting close to the draft now.
Mr.Ackar07
Fangraphs Mock 3.0 is out - https://blogs.fangraphs.com/mock-draft-3-0-two-rounds/

Quote:

27. Cubs J.J. Goss, RHP, Cypress Ranch HS (TX)

Hoese probably doesn't get here but they seem to like him. Theo Epstein and a national crosschecker went to see him at the conference tournament.
Commentary doesn't make sense unless you read the article, but they think Goss and 2 other prospects will end up around picks 25-30.

Quote:

39. Twins Braden Shewmake, SS, Texas A&M
3rd to last 1st round pick

Quote:

59. Mariners John Doxakis, LHP, Texas A&M
No Wolf or Thompson. Thompson will be one to watch as he has fallen a bit this year. Could end up like Jonathan Childress and fall out of the money slot he may be looking for and end up on campus.
Mr.Ackar07
Beyond the Box Score's 1st round prediction: https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/5/29/18642365/btbs-2019-mlb-aggregate-mock-draft-rutschman-orioles-witt-abrams-vaughn-bleday-greene-lodolo

Quote:

30. New York Yankees, Braden Shewmake, SS Texas A&M, Average Pick: 33.8
31. Los Angeles Dodgers: J.J. Goss, RHP HS-TX, Average Pick: 35.0
Mr.Ackar07
MLB updated their list to include the Top 200 now (previous rank in parenthesis) - http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=draft

24. JJ Goss (26)
32. Braden Shewmake (25)
36. Josh Wolf (34)
44. John Doxakis (42)
69. Matt Thompson (79)

Previously Unranked:

Quote:

Dasan Brown | Rank: 103

For the past five Drafts, there has been a high school hitter from Ontario taken in the top two rounds, two being the first-round Naylor brothers. Brown, a super-athletic and a bit raw outfielder from North of the Border, may not go quite that early in June, but he is the best Canadian prospect in this class by far.

Most evaluations on Brown are projections for far off in the future, with interested teams knowing they will have to be patient. He does have solid contact skills from the right side of the plate and he should grow into some raw power. He needs to add strength and has trouble impacting the ball at times as a result, though some scouts point out that Brown was most heavily scouted while facing pro competition this spring. The Texas A&M commit has close to top-of-the-scale speed, which makes him a threat on the basepaths and helps him cover a ton of ground in center field, where he should be a plus defender down the road.

Teams that love players with premium athleticism and a ton of ceiling are likely going to look at Brown in the first three or four rounds. It might take some time, but the payoff could be huge.
Mr.Ackar07
Today's the day:

June 3rd @ 6pm CT, Rounds 1-2 (first 78 picks) - MLB Network
June 4th @ 12pm CT, Rounds 3-10 - mlb.com
June 5th @ 11am CT, Rounds 11-40 - mlb.com

Slot values of each of the 1st 10 round picks: https://www.mlb.com/news/2019-mlb-draft-pools-and-bonus-values
Mr.Ackar07
Latest MLB.com mock draft as of 3:40am this morning: https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-on-june-2

Quote:

32. Astros: JJ Goss, RHP, Cypress (Texas) Ranch HS

The Astros could very well stay in their backyard in taking Goss from Cypress Ranch, which is only about 30 miles away from Minute Maid Park.
Quote:

33. D-backs: Braden Shewmake, SS, Texas A&M
(Compensation for loss of free agent Patrick Corbin)
Arizona could go with a safer player like Shewmake, or a high school player like Matthew Lugo, in order to save money so they can go after
Shewmake still a fringe late first round pick which is valued around $2 million.
Aggie1205
AG
Not sure what their financial request numbers are but it would seem like we lose at least 4 recruits. Such is college baseball recruiting.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.