*****Aggies @ Tennessee-Sunday*****

55,344 Views | 736 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by trouble
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I won't be here to fill in for Lance next weekend. Maybe just another poster can.

I'll check in as able but we're gonna be pretty busy
Amazing Moves
I understand taking **** for accidentally posting it too soon. I don't understand why it's a big deal to make a summary pre-made with 2 outs to go? I've done this plenty of times with wins as well. Losses also. Some of which I had to change for good or, worse. What's the big deal?
aggiewilliford
trouble said:

I won't be here to fill in for Lance next weekend. Maybe just another poster can.

I'll check in as able but we're gonna be pretty busy

Hope you have a great week, you will be missed!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
VegasAg86
AG
aginlakeway said:

Amazing Moves said:

Everybody is silent now. I guess my post was spot on. From the future.
NO ONE is silent.

We're waiting for you to answer our questions as to why you would post something like that before it happened. Or even type it out.

Sometimes the ignore list builds itself. He is who he is.
VegasAg86
AG
Sean98 said:

Well, that was a really poor result. Unless we play great versus WooPig and Gatah that probably officially ended any chance of hosting a super.
If we don't get our pitching figured out, we won't get out of a regional. We have the talent, just need to get their heads right.
KT 90
AG
Ugh, had to leave back when it was tied, was hoping to come back to good news.
BanderaAg956
Giving someone grief over predicting a meltdown of a Childress team? What is the problem with that type prediction?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
tonytx05
AG
Lot's of people may only be able to follow the game through Lance's PBP, so it's generally bad form to post from "the future" if possible, which is how it originally came across. Especially something so pivotal as the game being lost when most of us are still watching the last outs being played on TV.

The fact his post was a prediction instead seems to be more aggravating. Most of us are here to root our team on, not pile on a team when they aren't doing well or predict their failure.
aginlakeway
AG
tonytx05 said:

Lot's of people may only be able to follow the game through Lance's PBP, so it's generally bad form to post from "the future" if possible, which is how it originally came across. Especially something so pivotal as the game being lost when most of us are still watching the last outs being played on TV.

The fact his post was a prediction instead seems to be more aggravating. Most of us are here to root our team on, not pile on a team when they aren't doing well or predict their failure.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
VegasAg86
AG
tonytx05 said:

Unfortunately, there are some that only post to pile on when the team struggles.
Amazing Moves
Quote:

It wasn't a prediction. It was a summary of the series I wrote with 2 outs to go just in case they didn't take it. That I meant to just have sitting there to post later.. hoping it didn't turn out that way. Outta habit, since I post a lot, I hit the button. Then immediately said.. oh *****! Then tried to edit it. Good god. I'll make sure not to do that again. I understand the part about posting from the future and it being confused as something that had already transpired. For that alone I won't make that mistake again. However I will continue to post summaries after the game is over. Mine aren't generally piling on.
Amazing Moves
Quote:

Unfortunately, there are some that only post to pile on when the team struggles.
I don't think I qualify as one of those people. I'm not perfect but, I support the team every game. I post quite a bit. Most of which is positive. Go back and look at my post history for today's game before my screw up. Sure there is a few frustrated single word posts. The 12 others are quite positive or, negatively directed at the Tennessee production and ump.. I'm not ever gonna be all sunshine pump but, I definitely don't pile on like you noted.
W
AG
ouch, was not expecting a series loss to the Vols this weekend.

this likely means A&M will have to win either the UF or Arkansas series to host
VegasAg86
AG
W said:

ouch, was not expecting a series loss to the Vols this weekend.

this likely means A&M will have to win either the UF or Arkansas series to host
Hosting won't matter if we don't figure out our pitching. We'd be hard-pressed to get out of a regional right now, hosting or not.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Have to come to Amazing's defense. This poster does not just show up when things are going "south". He is usually pretty fair and balanced, and knowledgeable. Wasn't here for the premature post, but that is not this poster's usual either. I have no dog in this fight, but felt it only fair to give some balanced response. Carry on.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
VegasAg86
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Quote:

I don't think I qualify as one of those people. I'm not perfect but, I support the team every game. I post quite a bit. Most of which is positive. Go back and look at my post history for today's game before my screw up. Sure there is a few frustrated single word posts. The 12 others are quite positive or, negatively directed at the Tennessee production and ump.. I'm not ever gonna be all sunshine pump but, I definitely don't pile on like you noted.
There are some that only post when the team is down. Wasn't necessarily talking about you with that reference.
Mike Elko
AG
Weak.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Silver lining is that we are only one game out of first in the West, the SEC outside of Florida is pretty even top to bottom
tonytx05
AG
10-4, and to be fair when I went reading your earlier posts I realized you aren't a jerk and it was just a mistake. I think we're all just sensitive to the naysayers on a weekend we really should have won (if not swept). Sorry for piling on to YOU over something that's not that big a deal.
Amazing Moves
tonytx05 said:

10-4, and to be fair when I went reading your earlier posts I realized you aren't a jerk and it was just a mistake. I think we're all just sensitive to the naysayers on a weekend we really should have won (if not swept). Sorry for piling on to YOU over something that's not that big a deal.
I appreciate this. I also should apologize for being snippy after the mistake. I was a bit heated as well. Cheers.
W
AG
and you know one thing to keep in mind with the new seeding format...

would you rather be the #16 seed regional host and be staring at an SR matchup vs. #1 Florida?

or go to Lubbock as the regional #2 seed...win the regional (perhaps with help from the #3 or #4 seed)...and then play an SR on the road against say Connecticut or Auburn or East Carolina?
HoustonAg2106
AG
W said:

would you rather be the #16 seed regional host and be staring at an SR matchup vs. #1 Florida?

or go to Lubbock as the regional #2 seed...win the regional (perhaps with help from the #3 or #4 seed)...and then play an SR on the road against say Connecticut or Auburn or East Carolina?

Interesting point
VegasAg86
AG
W said:

So, #2 in a regional at a 7-10 seed or hosting as #16. Certainly worthy of discussion. However, we're not getting out of a regional unless we get our pitching issues solved.
Amazing Moves
VegasAg86 said:

W said:

So, #2 in a regional at a 7-10 seed or hosting as #16. Certainly worthy of discussion. However, we're not getting out of a regional unless we get our pitching issues solved.
That's a good point. Kolek has had struggles with the SEC. However, he has done well against other conferences and in a regional. Kil and Dox are good for 100+ pitches of solid to great pitching. Hopefully Hof will continue his stellar play despite what will likely be more innings. Hopefully that's how we get through a regional. Playing a less talented slate. I like our chances. It's the Super that would concern me.

I like the approach today when Kolek was pulled. Sherrod and Lacy for a couple innings. 3 to 4 max. Maybe even add in some of the other guys with a short leash in between. Like Minor and Ruffcorn. Just for an inning. Target R/R L/L match ups in those long inning games to limit runs. Not quite Johnny full staff but, you get the point.
VegasAg86
AG
I guess the regional competition would likely be below what we've seen in conference. We also have the talent. Just get Kolek, Sherrod and Chafin back to top form and we're there. I know they're more frustrated than we are. Still hoping they come around, but we probably need to run some more arms out to see what they can do.
aginlakeway
AG
W said:

Very good point. It's similar to being a 10 seed in ncaa basketball tournament may be better than bring a 9 seed so you can avoid facing the top seed in the second round.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
KT 90
AG
VegasAg86 said:

I guess the regional competition would likely be below what we've seen in conference. We also have the talent. Just get Kolek, Sherrod and Chafin back to top form and we're there. I know they're more frustrated than we are. Still hoping they come around, but we probably need to run some more arms out to see what they can do.

Ruffcorn, Miner, Saenz seem to be the only options to run out there and give another shot. Maybe Andritsos?
W
AG
yes, at this point having #1 Florida or #2 Stanford in your Omaha path seems very undesirable
VegasAg86
AG
Didn't Andritsos have some Friday night starts at OU? I wonder what is up with Conlon?

Amazing Moves
Quote:

Ruffcorn, Miner, Saenz seem to be the only options to run out there and give another shot. Maybe Andritsos?

I wondered if he was maybe being groomed to pitch in his absence. Obviously it was nagging injuries. Yep. I think you hit it with the 3 pitchers right there. Unless you move Saenz back to full-time weekday pitcher. Freeing up a rested Joz. They seem to put him out there on only a few days rest from what usually amounts to a 4-6 inning night. I bet he would do better with a week's rest to start a full-time bullpen role.

Use everyone else on weekdays from here on out. To develop for next year.
KT 90
AG
VegasAg86 said:

Didn't Andritsos have some Friday night starts at OU? I wonder what is up with Conlon?

I have no inside info, but you have to wonder if Conlin is healthy. Supposedly the reason he didn't sign with mlb was concern over Medicals, so you have to wonder if those concerns have come to fruition. If not, he must need a lot of work on his secondary pitches and he made his name on his fastball only.
Lasuro81
AG
This team is an enigma. It is consistently inconsistent. This all starts at the top, regardless of whether he will admit it. You simply can't lose 2 of 3 to the last place team in the SEC East and not expect criticism. But, as usual, it will fall on deaf ears since our coach thinks he knows it all.
schmellba99
AG
Amazing Moves said:

I understand taking **** for accidentally posting it too soon. I don't understand why it's a big deal to make a summary pre-made with 2 outs to go? I've done this plenty of times with wins as well. Losses also. Some of which I had to change for good or, worse. What's the big deal?
It's not.

But keep in mind that this board has some posters that consistently pee on everything because they think it's "their" territory and everybody else is merely a guest that they allow in.

You simply cannot post something that isn't full of sunshine pumping, no matter how truthful it may be. This board is only to rah-rah the team and coaching staff, performance be damned.

Get with the program man, that's simply how this board is, as evidenced by several that claim they have blocked you because of an honest post about the series and season. After all, you aren't really an Ag or a "true" fan if you don't fall in line and goose step with the big dogs that post here more than everybody else. Once you learn that, life will be better.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Baseball is a long season full of good and bad runs, every team loses to teams they are better than (Arkansas got swept by 5-10 Mississippi State). Let the season play out and then see how you feel about what the team has accomplished...last year was our worst regular season in 3 years and we ended up in Omaha
aginlakeway
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Baseball is a long season full of good and bad runs, every team loses to teams they are better than (Arkansas got swept by 5-10 Mississippi State). Let the season play out and then see how you feel about what the team has accomplished...last year was our worst regular season in 3 years and we ended up in Omaha
Many TexAgs posters are not capable of doing this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.