Annoying bubble machine at baseball games

33,218 Views | 235 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BenFiasco14
brunsie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Other options we can do instead of bubbles. We could throw rice in the air after scoring. We could throw flour in the air and shout whammy! We could even throw tortillas like frisbees like tceh does. Nahh I like the bubbles and hitting the back of bleachers after Aggie runs. Gig'em!!!
dixichkn
AG
50+ yrs old myself and don't mind it at all. Hell my wife probably appreciates it as I get a nice soapy smell out of it lol

Seriously, Ben McDonald got pelted with shrapnel, billiard balls, hand grenades and cantaloupes when he pitched here. And you're complaining about a few bubbles?
ptothemo
AG
farmer1 said:

This supposedly tradition was started 3 or 4 years ago by Childress. You would not think it was great if the bubbles hit you in the face and made you feel sticky I have had this ticket for 35 years
It was started by Corbin Martin if you really want to get down to the brass tacks of it. Childress had nothing to do with it other than he was physically present in the same dugout as Martin. I guess you could say that Childress could have stopped it, but he didn't. Martin had a bubble machine that he called "Whammy" that he would blow bubbles with when we hit home runs.

The bubbles thing is organic from our players and has now extended to our crowd. It is a very, very Olsen thing now, whether we like it or not. It is what college baseball is all about and what makes Texas A&M different than a lot of places.

I do find it very interesting that of all mornings, this is the one where it is being discussed. Where was the discussion after the Cornell game in which we scored 22 runs? There were lots and lots and lots of bubbles then, so there must have been lots of sticky feeling. What about when we scored 19 against LBSU? Lots of runs = lots of bubbles = lots of sticky feeling.
SMM48
AG
Bubbles came about when one of the guys was lighting farts and Childress told them cmon now.....Think of something better
Texas 1836
AG
farmer1 said:

I bet you do not have bubbles blowing in you face all the time
Doubling down ...

Interesting
HoustonAg2106
AG
farmer1 said:

If bubbles upset you this much I'm surprised you're even able to leave the house every day.
SMM48
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

farmer1 said:

If bubbles upset you this much I'm surprised you're even able to leave the house every day.
Stinking wind.....ugh.
TXAggie2011
AG
Its so Texas A&M to develop a tradition that involves grown men getting excited about bubbles.

But anyways, they're here to stay, it would seem, so might as well try to accept it and move on so you can enjoy the games more.
ColoradoMooseHerd
At first I thought this was just a troll and thought somebody would fall for it, but now he just seems like a guy you would not want as a friend or ever be around.
Jock 07
AG
farmer1 said:

No Childress said he did while he was bragging about it. They can talk big because they will never have to have bubbles blown in their face
ColoradoMooseHerd
TXAggie2011 said:

Its so Texas A&M to develop a tradition that involves grown men getting excited about bubbles.

But anyways, they're here to stay, it would seem, so might as well try to accept it and move on so you can enjoy the games more.
Wow, seems like you are really fun to hang out with. I think you and the OP should trade phone numbers
TXAggie2011
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

TXAggie2011 said:

Wow, seems like you are really fun to hang out with. I think you and the OP should trade phone numbers

Did I say I don't like the bubbles or something that warranted this response?
ensign_beedrill
AG
BUBBLES FOREVER.
Captn_Ag05
AG
You know what else annoys me? Chanting the number of balls thrown in a row. Can't we sit quietly and enjoy the game? Also, I can count.
75AG
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

You know what else annoys me? Chanting the number of balls thrown in a row. Can't we sit quietly and enjoy the game? Also, I can count.
THIS!

jk/ Bubbles are freakin' great! All our traditions (new and old) make OF@BBP the greatest GD college baseball experience in the nation.

OP, just stay at home, or listen to Dave in the parking lot. I get hit with bubbles and don't give a SH*T about getting a few on me.

Jeez, I really dislike old people....
Tex100
AG
farmer1 said:

If by all the time you mean every game I attend - you lose that bet.
SchizoAg
AG
test sig
Hehateme1
Tex100 said:

farmer1 said:

If by all the time you mean every game I attend - you lose that bet.
Who's blowing bubbles all the time ?
rausr
AG
dixichkn said:

50+ yrs old myself and don't mind it at all. Hell my wife probably appreciates it as I get a nice soapy smell out of it lol

Seriously, Ben McDonald got pelted with shrapnel, billiard balls, hand grenades and cantaloupes when he pitched here. And you're complaining about a few bubbles?

Brilliant!
alamoaggie 64
sit in first row
Gigem9821
AG
Lol he's being serious because I heard him complaining about it yesterday at the game
Capt. America
AG
Filthy casual. Stick to football you wimp. If you can't handle the bubbles, stay out of Olsen.
AggieBand2004
AG
ptothemo said:

farmer1 said:

This supposedly tradition was started 3 or 4 years ago by Childress. You would not think it was great if the bubbles hit you in the face and made you feel sticky I have had this ticket for 35 years
It was started by Corbin Martin if you really want to get down to the brass tacks of it. Childress had nothing to do with it other than he was physically present in the same dugout as Martin. I guess you could say that Childress could have stopped it, but he didn't. Martin had a bubble machine that he called "Whammy" that he would blow bubbles with when we hit home runs.

The bubbles thing is organic from our players and has now extended to our crowd. It is a very, very Olsen thing now, whether we like it or not. It is what college baseball is all about and what makes Texas A&M different than a lot of places.

I do find it very interesting that of all mornings, this is the one where it is being discussed. Where was the discussion after the Cornell game in which we scored 22 runs? There were lots and lots and lots of bubbles then, so there must have been lots of sticky feeling. What about when we scored 19 against LBSU? Lots of runs = lots of bubbles = lots of sticky feeling.

$10 says the OP is one of those season ticket holders that is absent 85% of the time. I highly doubt he was there for either Cornell or LBSU
MsDoubleD81
AG
Captain Pablo said:

This isn't as bad as the dude who went on a screeching rant about people who stand at football games and block his wife's view

That is the thread of thought about when I read this. I love coming home all soapy smelling
Capt. America
AG
While we're at it, why don't we just move all of the GA to the berm? I can't stand those young whipper snappers and their constant yelling. I want to go watch a minor league-like baseball game and y'all are such a distraction.

[/sarcasm]
Expert Analysis
AG
You should fight back with a bigger higher capacity bubble gun. That will teach em.
AggieBand2004
AG
Expert Analysis said:

You should fight back with a bigger higher capacity bubble gun. That will teach em.
COMMON SENSE BUBBLE MACHINE CONTROL
woodometer
AG
I am sure that the OP would enjoy yell leaders at the games too.

Also our fans never threw things at Ben McDonald when he was in the bullpen. He has been spreading that every chance he gets.
TyperWoods
It's all fun and games until a bubble puts somebody's eye out!!!
HoustonAg2106
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

BUBBLES FOREVER.

Is that OP on the right?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I do not take mine to the game but I carry it in my car. When ever a fellow driver uses a turn indicator, drives by me not texting, stops for a school bus or obeys the speed limit, I fire off a round of bubbles.

I think I have used it once but I am ready.
MaroonStain
AG
I am guessing OP does not trash their Keurig cup, flush the public toilet after use and takes last cup of coffee without making more or cleaning up.
drthoop
AG
I'm 60 and think the bubbles are great. I would hate to think my life is so miserable that I would get upset over something like this. Talk to the people around you and ask them not to blow bubbles at you. Of course that is a lost art these day. Talking to people that is.

Bubbles forever!!!!!!
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
thirty-two
AG
I'll say it...

...the bubble thing is Geee-Ayyyy-Why.

(Ducks behind wall)
jkag89
trouble said:

It was started by players not Childress.
And the fans took it upon themselves to start it in the stands.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.