2018 Uniform talk

30,325 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by powerbelly
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in Chicago for two weeks and I talked to this guy at a bar about college baseball and he looked at me like I was speaking a different language.

These people up north are missing out.
McInnis80
College baseball is tough in the Midwest. Due to weather, all road games until late March. And March and April games are dicey. Smaller stadiums and fewer games make baseball a big money loser in the Big 10.
tjack16
AG
https://www.aggielandoutfitters.com/sports/baseball-softball/texas-a-m-aggie-adidas-2018-bp-style-jersey-125029.html

ensign_beedrill
AG
Whenever I travel during baseball season, I try to work in a baseball game somewhere. Major League, minor league, whatever. Sometimes the people I sit next to are chatty and we get to talking and they ask me who my favorite team is. I tell 'em the Texas Aggies and they look so confused. Like MLB is the only thing that exists.
powerbelly
AG
Does aggieland outfitters still do free shipping for texags subscribers?
Capt. America
AG
Well, maybe A&M is gravitating towards that old T? I don't mind.
ensign_beedrill
AG
It fits like a T.
tjack16
AG
http://www.maroonu.com/mens/texas-a-m-aggies-adidas-batting-practice-style-jersey.html

I'm liking these practice jerseys they keep putting out... but seriously how hard is it to get a replica of the maroon jersey. They have the gray one, red white and blue, and did sell the throwbacks for a short period of time. Why not the maroon one?
Capt. America
AG
Seriously though, Have the 50's Style T as our primary with the lone star as our secondary. Sounds like profit to me.
Pigtails
AG
tjholley17 said:

http://www.maroonu.com/mens/texas-a-m-aggies-adidas-batting-practice-style-jersey.html

I'm liking these practice jerseys they keep putting out... but seriously how hard is it to get a replica of the maroon jersey. They have the gray one, red white and blue, and did sell the throwbacks for a short period of time. Why not the maroon one?

Are the red white and blues still for sale? Where?
Farmer1906
AG
Pigtails said:

tjholley17 said:

Are the red white and blues still for sale? Where?
Jesery

T Shirt Version
Pigtails
AG
Oh sorry the meant the '41 versions.
Capitol Ag
AG
New RWB Cap as well.

I saw this on Saturday at the store. Kids working there at the store (AO) said we would be using this one this year at some point. Did not on Sunday though. So not sure if its a road version, an alt for Sunday home sweeps or a cap for days we have Armed Forces/Veteran's/1st responders salute games. It's a nice alternative to the TAM version. My only complaint is that there isn't a flag on the back. Don't know why.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I don't recommend the T-shirt version. Tried one on this weekend. It is very, very thin material and just doesn't function as a shirt should.
Capitol Ag
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

I don't recommend the T-shirt version. Tried one on this weekend. It is very, very thin material and just doesn't function as a shirt should.
Agree. The white Ultimate T's are kinda see through. The adi Ultimate T is a good shirt, but in a solid color. Every time I've tried on a white one, it is strange how see through and "thin" it appears even thought it's as thick as the solid ones. Ultimate Ts are 100% poly. Personally I prefer the blend versions with cotton and poly. There are a few adi A&M Baseball performance "Go-To" tees out this year and they are a lot more comfortable I think.
Pigtails
AG
Texas Aggies jerseys in stock at Tx Ag bookstore. Just ordered a L online.
Capt. America
AG
Same with outfitters. It's nice that they are in stock my the time the season started for once. I'm still very curious about these black hats though.
Capitol Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

Same with outfitters. It's nice that they are in stock my the time the season started for once. I'm still very curious about these black hats though.
Any chance we could get AO to do a special order for the black hat?
Capt. America
AG
There's always a possibility. Worked for the throwbacks last year!
Capt. America
AG
"BACK IN BLACK" AC/DC concepts, considering Olsen's love for the band.

technoviking
AG
Your posts are as frustrating as they are awesome. I would pay twice the going rate for any of the jerseys you've come up with. But I wouldn't pay half of what adidas wants for the ones they produce.
Capt. America
AG
I feel that too. I'd love to work with them if possible.
Capitol Ag
AG
Capt. America said:

There's always a possibility. Worked for the throwbacks last year!
Who'd you talk with at AO last year to get the Heritage hat done? I'm willing to do whatever in terms of contacting folks etc, but if I remember correctly, you had some contacts in AO.

And, seriously, there actually are positions at places like adi for design, including unis. You would be awesome! That AC/DC uni is greatness. Hell, the t-shirt concept alone should have already been done at AO!
Candraa17
AG
I'm good friends with several of the buyers at AO. Email rachel.showman@kalcorp.com with this request! She might be able to help y'all out.
Capitol Ag
AG
Candraa17 said:

I'm good friends with several of the buyers at AO. Email rachel.showman@kalcorp.com with this request! She might be able to help y'all out.
I will! Thank you!
tjack16
AG
You know what doesn't make sense to me..... why are our jerseys $150?

They don't have a number or name on them. I bought the gray jersey and it was $150. It's a very nice jersey, but my Astros jersey's (with names and numbers) cost 40$ less. Even the player jerseys with the world series patches were still $130.
Capitol Ag
AG
Candraa17 said:

Email sent. Complete with pics of the hat and description etc and links to this and another thread. Again, I appreciate the contact! Turns out I met Rachel last year at the University AO store. She is very cool. We will see where this goes.

We may need to start an actual "interest in the black cap" type of thread soon. I can do that here and on Premium if she says to do that. I will wait for her response.
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
tjholley17 said:

They don't have a number or name on them. I bought the gray jersey and it was $150. It's a very nice jersey, but my Astros jersey's (with names and numbers) cost 40$ less. Even the player jerseys with the world series patches were still $130.
Your Astro jerseys are likely replicas jerseys and not the authentic style that they wear on the field. MLB Authentic jerseys can cost you $260 (which is crazy)... The jerseys that AO and MaroonU are selling are the same ones the team wears, that's why they cost so much, even without the names and numbers.
Potent5
AG
So are the red white and blues. Maroon and white all the way!
Capitol Ag
AG
DodgerAg32 said:

tjholley17 said:

Your Astro jerseys are likely replicas jerseys and not the authentic style that they wear on the field. MLB Authentic jerseys can cost you $260 (which is crazy)... The jerseys that AO and MaroonU are selling are the same ones the team wears, that's why they cost so much, even without the names and numbers.
Yup. The adi jerseys are authentic. Authentic MLB jerseys are expensive and now Under Armour is making them. Now there is the possiblity that the Astros jerseys in question are authentic and either simply on sale or Majestic authentic jerseys and are on sell b/c Under Armour is taking over.
ensign_beedrill
AG
I would at least like to be able to buy a jersey with a number on it. Just put a '12' on them, come on!
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
Majestic still has the MLB deal through the end of the year. UA will take over next season.
Capitol Ag
AG
DodgerAg32 said:

Majestic still has the MLB deal through the end of the year. UA will take over next season.
Ok. Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure and that makes sense as I hadn't seen the authentic UA jerseys online yet. That explains it. What id di, if you had a favorite MLB team and want a jersey, wait until after this season and get an authentic Majestic at reduced price.
Capt. America
AG
Dear sweet baby Adidas Jesus,

PLEASE don't bless us with this garbage.

tjack16
AG
Capt. America said:

Dear sweet baby Adidas Jesus,

PLEASE don't bless us with this garbage.

I liked it alot.... and then I saw the pants.... yikes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.