2018 Uniform talk

30,341 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by powerbelly
ColoradoMooseHerd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Capt. America said:

Let me ask y'all this. What is your all-time favorite combo that we've ever worn? I'm particularly a fan of the maroon top we wore around 1993. That pullover just really works for me.

We wore the pullovers all throught the 90's. ANd they are probably the favorite unifrom of all former players that got to wear that particular jersey.

That photo is from 1995.
Arctic Ag
AG
The black hat with maroon bill exists....cuz I have one. Picked it up in Omaha last summer at the CWS. I think you may be able to get it online from lids.

ensign_beedrill
AG
Arctic Ag said:

The black hat with maroon bill exists....cuz I have one. Picked it up in Omaha last summer at the CWS. I think you may be able to get it online from lids.

https://www.adidas.com/us/aggies-flat-brim-snapback-hat/BW5366.html
Arctic Ag
AG
2 things wrong with that one....
1) it has a gd bevel!!!
2) those gd snapback hats are for pencil heads. When you got big brains and wear a 5 gallon bucket for a hat like I do those one size fits all don't work.
powerbelly
AG
Here you go

https://www.fanatics.com/college-texas-a-and-m-aggies-new-era-texas-a-and-m-aggies-59fifty-fitted-hat-maroon/o-49+t-46791859+p-0955337324+z-8-3721804380

Arctic Ag
AG
Arctic Ag said:

Like I said... I already have one just like that
Bunk Moreland
ok now I'm REALLY jealous.....

technoviking
AG
They get it and we can't??? WHAT THE!

Farmer1906
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I'm Peanut butter and jelly
Capt. America
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Oh lordy that's good. Just throw the script "Texas Aggies" on there and you're good.
Farmer1906
AG
Someone photoshop it
Capt. America
AG
Angry Beaver
AG
Capt. America said:

Your post was almost perfect until this logo. The correct logo would be the interlocking AMC.

Capt. America
AG
Capt. America
AG
AMC just always seemed too busy to me for a hat.
tjack16
AG
Capt. America said:

my god that jersey
Farmer1906
AG
Capt. America said:

Capt. America
AG
Adidas has taken notice.

technoviking
AG
Doing God's work, Captain!

seebond
AG
Anything with "TEXAS AGGIES" is a win for me!
- - - for any and all uniforms - - -
awschux
AG
Season is like 3 weeks away. We going to get a look at these warlocks?
Capt. America
AG
If we are going to see anything different with our normal set, they will likely post photos and wear the uniforms at the spring practice the weekend before the season. That's what they did when they revealed our pinstripes and Maroon Triple stripe.

On that note, I think we wore pinstripes twice last season. Do you think they play a bigger role the season or are we going to put those to bed?
awschux
AG
I liked the pins, and I LOVED the heritage uni's.

Seeing that they turned the RWB's into henley's is awesome, so Im hoping they have done something similar with the other pullovers we had in the past two years.

Love the grays actually and love the maroons tops with the sleeve stripes.

Hate the black V-neck T's and hoping they are not coming back in any color.

Other Adidas schools have introduced their upcoming/updated 2018 unis, so I guess I expected that we would have new ones as well and that they would be shown before the season starts. This way we can get a sense of what apparel we like and inquire about purchase from AO, 12th Man Shop, Maroon U, etc.

Remember the shortage/delay on white heritage hats. Id have thought they learned from that and got the swag out early this year.

Fingers crossed we see something this week or next from Aggie Baseball or Adidas baseball US.
Capt. America
AG
I definitely think our pull over template is now going to consist of the two buttons at the top across Adidas. I have no issue with us bringing back a black uniform as long as it's almost identical to what Arizona State got. I really want that maroon bill on a black hat.

awschux
AG
I like the blacks and would 100% buy a two-button black jersey. The V-necks...hard pass.
Capt. America
AG
Here's a couple of renders we could play with based on the ASU template:

awschux
AG
Like them, except for the V-neck .Prefer the 2 button on pullover jerseys, the other style (v or crew neck) look like little league to me.
Capt. America
AG
Honestly give me that second jersey, and I'll be thrilled. Either that, or this one.
technoviking
AG
Capt. America said:

Honestly give me that second jersey, and I'll be thrilled. Either that, or this one.

Do want!
Capitol Ag
AG
Keep it up Cap! Great work and great job getting adi to notice. But you better demand some royalties when they use a few of your ideas in the next couple of years!
Farmer1906
AG
Be glad our unis don't look like this.

Agsncws
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Be glad our unis don't look like this.

Oh, that's brutal. Their cream unis with the script-A is among the best in the country, but that's horrid.
[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qh0MyYgSAQsDxvvIIU3ehE1nf8WWLQEa/view?usp=sharing[/url]
Capt. America
AG
Innovative when it comes to baseball just isn't necessary to me. If baseball has the ability to hold on to the styles that made it great, that would be ideal.
powerbelly
AG
Capt. America said:

Innovative when it comes to baseball just isn't necessary to me. If baseball has the ability to hold on to the styles that made it great, that would be ideal.
You can also have innovative fabrics and technology without screwing with classic looks.

I would bet you see that nike template everywhere starting 2019
TXAggie2011
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

The "State" looks like they forgot to put it on so they got the kid setting it up on the mannequin to quickly slap it on

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.