2018 Uniform talk

30,334 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by powerbelly
USMCaggie1801
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Capt. America said:

My dream combinations

Home:

Maroon Home:

Away Gray

Alternate Black

George Bush RWB

Additionally, if we were to incorporate either the throwback T or an interlocked A&M into the cap, that would be awesome (and more of a traditional baseball look)

I love the Black and 41 uniforms
Capt. America
AG
So, I decided to have some fun with a "Texas A&M Plowboys" concept due to our history of Farmers vs. Plowboys in the Omaha Cup. I made their primary logo different and went with a black primary with maroon accents.

Aggie
AG
Capt. America said:

We wore pretty much that exact same jersey back in the 90's.
Capt. America
AG
So, Texas A&M baseball's Twitter account posted some pictures from inside the stadium. They had a little uniform display:

1) there's no black jersey, but a black hat
2) pinstripes are still in the mix
3) there's a turquoise A&M hat??
4) the USA flag lone star logo will go on a white hat as an option for the Sunday sweeps.

I'm disappointed to not see a black jersey, but maybe they will do an updated version of the one we currently have hopefully? Otherwise, there's a limited option with only one dark jersey variant.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Turquoise hat is kind of hideous.
tjack16
AG
I'm guessing the turquoise will be worn for the sexual assault awareness game?

We had one last year I believe
Capt. America
AG
tjholley17 said:

I'm guessing the turquoise will be worn for the sexual assault awareness game?

We had one last year I believe

That would make sense. I think a ribbon would be as effective.
powerbelly
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Kind of? It looks terrible.
LRB38
S
Not a big fan of the RWB hat. Should have kept it the same as the past couple of years.
twk
AG
Cream colored uniforms look like someone pissed in the laundry.
Farmer1906
AG
Does this mean no black?
Capt. America
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Does this mean no black?

Maybe, but there's (prominently btw) a black hat in the set. That tells me that we might be getting a new black uniform and we don't know about it yet.
powerbelly
AG
I know this wont be popular, but if we just kept the middle 3 uniforms (throwback, grey, pinstripes) that would be a great set.

twk
AG
powerbelly said:

I know this wont be popular, but if we just kept the middle 3 uniforms (throwback, grey, pinstripes) that would be a great set.

Blue star for you
technoviking
AG
i'd be okay with that. the maroon one is nice too, though (minus the turquoise..). this year's adidas splash uniform is not doing it for me. the 41 style a couple years ago was better than this one.
Farmer1906
AG
If I had to rank em

2, 1, 5, 3, 6, 4.
Capt. America
AG
Farmer1906 said:

If I had to rank em

2, 1, 5, 3, 6, 4.
I agree with your assessment on the first 2. If we put the cream out the pasture, I wouldn't cry. I don't mind pinstriped pants, but if you're going to run with the Pinstripes, you need to bust them out more often. That new RWB still hasn't left much of an impression, especially if that's the hat they're rolling with.
Capitol Ag
AG
But do we know if these hats and jerseys are being displayed b/c they are to be the uniforms and hats we will use this year or if it is just a display showing what adi has to offer and includes items from the past few seasons, examples of what type of variety they can offer and something that is meant to draw the attention of recruits and visitors?

They very well could be but has the baseball team tweeted out the uniform line up for this year yet?

And, finally, a turquoise hat??? I get the white and whatever bill color (Navy blue? Maroon?) with the RWB/Stars and Stripes LSL on it would go potentially with the Stars and Stripes white jersey, but that turquoise would not seem to match anything. Same with the black hat. It doesn't seem to have a matching jersey, though you could wear it with maroon. Actually, that'd be pretty sweet. But that is why I think that this display may not be showing the '18 uniform line up as much as a line up of what adi supplies the team. Again, I very well could be wrong though as I haven't been following the baseball team on twitter...

PS: I WANT that black hat!
LRB38
S
Capitol Ag said:

But do we know if these hats and jerseys are being displayed b/c they are to be the uniforms and hats we will use this year or if it is just a display showing what adi has to offer and includes items from the past few seasons, examples of what type of variety they can offer and something that is meant to draw the attention of recruits and visitors?

They very well could be but has the baseball team tweeted out the uniform line up for this year yet?

And, finally, a turquoise hat??? I get the white and whatever bill color (Navy blue? Maroon?) with the RWB/Stars and Stripes LSL on it would go potentially with the Stars and Stripes white jersey, but that turquoise would not seem to match anything. Same with the black hat. It doesn't seem to have a matching jersey, though you could wear it with maroon. Actually, that'd be pretty sweet. But that is why I think that this display may not be showing the '18 uniform line up as much as a line up of what adi supplies the team. Again, I very well could be wrong though as I haven't been following the baseball team on twitter...

PS: I WANT that black hat!

We all want that black hat!
Capt. America
AG
From my sources I was chatting with this evening, it would seem our current set of black pullovers have been retired. No word on if we will see a new one this year. At the very least, I'd love a maroon bill on a black hat. Get on it Adidas!
Capt. America
AG
Here's another idea I had:

Basically unify the brand around the throwbacks from 1950, with a few variations. I limited my initial set to 4 uniforms:

Game 1:

Game 2:

Sweep:

Away:
awschux
AG
Yes to all of these. Take my money please.
LRB38
S
Well that sucks... I was a fan of the black tops when going for the sweep.
Capitol Ag
AG
LRB38 said:

Well that sucks... I was a fan of the black tops when going for the sweep.
Agree. Hopefully they will replace them this season. That's not unusual as adi has replaced the black jersey each season (or at least they have gotten a 2 season run b4 they get retired) they've had them. They sold the ones from 15/16 last year at auction online and maybe all they did was add a new version for 18. Hope so. I'd watch that 12th Man auction site as they very well may be selling the used black unis soon!
awschux
AG
The black 2-button pullover you mocked up here is slicker than owl ****. Exactly what I hope we do with a black jersey. Fingers crossed it is!
Capt. America
AG
I based it on what the Diamondbacks used to do forever.
awschux
AG
Taking an informal and completely unofficial poll. If a resourceful and enterprising member of this board made a cotton henley version of the black mockup from above, how many friends on this board would like to "claim" one?
Capt. America
AG
ensign_beedrill
AG
powerbelly said:

ensign_beedrill said:

Kind of? It looks terrible.
I was being nice.
Capt. America
AG
Look what State is getting:
technoviking
AG
Capt. America said:

Look what State is getting:

And we get that American flag lettering one? My fiance (no rule 1) said it looked like something you'd find in a convenient store!
Big Shooter
Staff
AG
twk said:

Cream colored uniforms look like someone pissed in the laundry.
Agreed. I hate them. Wish the pinstripes or the heritage jersey would be our primary home jersey. Creams need to go...
Capt. America
AG
Certainly feels like a raw deal with Adidas so far this year. They need a new consultant for designing A&M's uniforms. Anybody got ideas?
LRB38
S
Capt. America said:

Certainly feels like a raw deal with Adidas so far this year. They need a new consultant for designing A&M's uniforms. Anybody got ideas?
I'll email adidas, link this thread, and make sure to highlight your name!
technoviking
AG
Capt. America said:

I do. You.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.