^^^^^Aggies vs. TCU-College World Series Tuesday^^^^^

200,135 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fireinthehole
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It'd be nice if we could be owed a home slot on our next trip.
Wildman15
AG
I may make fun of you occasionally on the GB, but deep down inside I enjoy your posts
W
AG
A&M finishes the season with a record of 41-23.

from a pure W-L record standpoint this is the 8th best team of the 12-year Childress era...or the 5th worst depending on how you want to look at it
fireinthehole
Wildman15 said:

fireinthehole said:

We really had no business in the CWS this year.
you really had no business on the game thread

Just a fact. Anyone who knows baseball knew it. Hopefully we can build on this. Gotta cut down on critical errors and improve depth of hitting.
Scotty Appleton
I disagree. People on here chronically & comically piss on Big West teams, but there is a reason there is almost always one in Omaha & a big reason why Fullerton is regularly there. Being smack dab in the middle of THE most talent-rich baseball area in the country is it.

Without Baker, TCU has to small ball their way through & Fullerton is better at that game. Just because the Ags piss their legs against the toads doesn't mean other teams in Omaha do.
Tanya 93
fireinthehole said:

Wildman15 said:

fireinthehole said:

Just a fact. Anyone who knows baseball knew it. Hopefully we can build on this. Gotta cut down on critical errors and improve depth of hitting.

No. People who know baseball don't agree. You earn your way in. We did.

We deserved to be there.
BanderaAg956
Scotty Appleton said:

Without their best player, yes. TCU is the 7th best team there. Fullerton would have beaten TCU.

Not a chance.
aggiewilliford
Capitol Ag said:

aggiewilliford said:

Well it's over but it doesn't change that I still love Aggie Baseball and these boys. Thank you for the extra baseball I didn't even expect and all the great months of spring and summer ball that I have come to truly love and enjoy over my 43 years of life on this earth. GIG EM AND GOD BLESS BOYS! Gig em all the great Ags on this board, year in and year out. See y'all come baseball season 2018!
43 is the new 23. I know, 'cause I'm 43 as well!

I like the way you think!
BanderaAg956
Scotty Appleton said:

Without their best player, yes. TCU is the 7th best team there. Fullerton would have beaten TCU.

Not a chance!!!
Amazing Moves
Fightin Ag491 said:

Howard said himself: it's crazy how they've gotten the breaks. But they have a culture, and winning creates that culture. Probably why they're so clutch in the postseason. Not saying the Aggies aren't clutch. In fact, this season would point to the opposite. But they just haven't found their way just quite yet.

With a this team making it to Omaha in what's supposed to be a "rebuilding year," I think the Ags are well on their way to create that culture themselves. Hopefully the 2017 A&M baseball team took a step forward like the 2010 TCU team did.

We'll be back
Capitol Ag
AG
aggiewilliford said:

Capitol Ag said:

aggiewilliford said:

Well it's over but it doesn't change that I still love Aggie Baseball and these boys. Thank you for the extra baseball I didn't even expect and all the great months of spring and summer ball that I have come to truly love and enjoy over my 43 years of life on this earth. GIG EM AND GOD BLESS BOYS! Gig em all the great Ags on this board, year in and year out. See y'all come baseball season 2018!

At the very least I act 23!
Dark_Knight
AG
How tf do we lose to them every year? This is ridiculous.
Wildman15
AG
fireinthehole said:

Wildman15 said:

fireinthehole said:

are you really this dumb? Good grief. Never seen you on any of the regular season threads, and then suddenly you pop up thinking you understand. You simply don't. We earned our spot. We have our flaws, more so than other teams. But damn it we earned our spot. So shut the **** up *******.
Tanya 93
aggiewilliford said:

Capitol Ag said:

aggiewilliford said:

Youngsters
Wildman15
AG
Tanya 93 said:

aggiewilliford said:

Capitol Ag said:

aggiewilliford said:

Youngsters
I'm a youngster!
TAM85
We need to go find a 6' 8" pitcher.
Scotty Appleton
drevans956 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Not a chance!!!
Kind of like LSU was going to pull it out late against Oregon St, right? I think that was your prediction last night, right?

TCU lost the series against the Big West team they played this year. With Baker.
wbt5845
AG
At least we weren't the first team eliminated.
aggiewilliford
Tanya 93 said:

aggiewilliford said:

Capitol Ag said:

aggiewilliford said:

Youngsters

Thanks, best compliment I've had all week!
histag10
AG
Dark_Knight said:

How tf do we lose to them every year? This is ridiculous.

Only the last 3. I believe we are up on the overall count, so we havent always lost to them.
histag10
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

drevans956 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Not a chance!!!
Kind of like LSU was going to pull it out late against Oregon St, right? I think that was your prediction last night, right?

TCU lost the series against the Big West team they played this year. With Baker.

You know, we lost series to inferior teams. It happens. The best team does not always win. Today they did. And I do believe that TCU is better than CS Fullerton, as much as I like Fullerton.
PJYoung
AG
Phog06 said:

absolutely abysmal performance, but TCU is way better than we are and its not close. Three years in a row of complete ownage,

What? I remember losing by 1 in a 15 inning Game 3 thriller in 2015 and then TCU scoring 3 in the 7th to win by that margin in the 2016 Game 3. Either series could've easily gone our way.

We are not that far off from the roles being reversed.
VegasAg86
AG
Capitol Ag said:

aggiewilliford said:

Sweet, makes me 33. I'll take it.
🤡 🤡 🤡
fireinthehole
Wildman15 said:

fireinthehole said:

Wildman15 said:

fireinthehole said:

are you really this dumb? Good grief. Never seen you on any of the regular season threads, and then suddenly you pop up thinking you understand. You simply don't. We earned our spot. We have our flaws, more so than other teams. But damn it we earned our spot. So shut the **** up *******.

Amazing. It's ok
ontheway
Wildman15
AG
It's obvious the majority of people here don't agree with you. Overall, we had a great season even while facing tremendous obstacles. I'm proud of this team. I'm proud of their accomplishments. We EARNED our place in the CWS. And I'm ready to earn it again next season.
Science Denier
AG
TAM85 said:

We need to go find a 6' 8" pitcher head coach.
FIFY

With the facilities, resources, conference exposure and fan base we have, get a great head coach and both the pitching and hitting will come.
Wildman15
AG
jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

FIFY

With the facilities, resources, conference exposure and fan base we have, get a great head coach and both the pitching and hitting will come.
honestly, what were your expectations coming into this season
Tanya 93
jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

FIFY

Who is going to come here if we fire the coach after making Omaha?

Any names? Or is just the generic new coach?
Wildman15
AG
Tanya 93 said:

jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

FIFY

It's weird how much you and I are on the same page today. New friendship???
VegasAg86
AG
Tanya 93 said:

jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

FIFY

Omaha this year, Super Regionals the previous 2, arguably a play from Omaha in both of them. Coach isn't good enough. We win in spite of Childress, lose because of him. TexAgs gonna TexAgs.
🤡 🤡 🤡
HTownAg98
I see you didn't provide a name of a coach to replace Childress.
histag10
AG
Wildman15 said:

Tanya 93 said:

jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

FIFY

It's weird how much you and I are on the same page today. New friendship???

When it comes to Aggie Baseball, it's easy to be on the same page as Tanya.
Tanya 93
VegasAg86 said:

Tanya 93 said:

jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

FIFY

Omaha this year, Super Regionals the previous 2, arguably a play from Omaha in both of them. Coach isn't good enough. We win in spite of Childress, lose because of him. TexAgs gonna TexAgs.

Can you give me the name of a coach that will come to A&M after RC is fired when he gets back?
swimmerbabe11
I've suggested going after Mazey several times.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.